Move on or stay behind ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh crap - The new Murray is here.
Let's keep this simple for the hard of thinking:-

Ulloa is a Premier League goal scorer.
He will not be available to Brighton until we are a Premier League team or he's no longer Premier League Ready.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't think it's torn as he would struggle to weight bear let alone play, heavy bruising though and I absolutely understand why he came off.

To answer [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] question, I think there is room for both, Ulloa would absolutely improve this team as others have mentioned, Barnes would as well IMO, but Murray is too old.

When buying a player, surely you buy to improve irrespective of a players 'standing' within a club.

Bruising is from blood so something was torn.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm in love with Knockaert. Fantastic player. Sadly i believe he will be gone in the summer from a bid between 6-8 million
If he goes then I'd be surprised if it was over 4m. Not to say that I don't think it should be more...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he goes then I'd be surprised if it was over 4m. Not to say that I don't think it should be more...
Premier League is saturated with money now. We need to do a Palace and talk UP the value ( see Zaha ).

I'd be disappointed with less than an absolute minimum of £12 million.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I now have my reservation about Mr Knockaert, he is obvious class when he wants to, but i feel he is high maintenance.

eg i have never known a player to be injured in a MASSIVE game where all their subs have been used and 30 mins still to play and decides he can not carry on, unless it is a serious injury like one that they wont be back for three or four weeks. How the hell was he fully fit in not 3 DAYS.
I can only think he didn't fancy it.

IMO he let his team mates down on that first leg.

I suppose you could also argue what was Sidders playing at too.

If we get 4mil for Knockaert I'd take it.

He clearly turned into a cheese eating surrender monkey under the pressure of the Massive, I agree, we should get shot :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh crap - The new Murray is here.
Let's keep this simple for the hard of thinking:-

Ulloa is a Premier League goal scorer.
He will not be available to Brighton until we are a Premier League team or he's no longer Premier League Ready.

Hang on, the original Murray is not even out of the door yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I now have my reservation about Mr Knockaert, he is obvious class when he wants to, but i feel he is high maintenance.

eg i have never known a player to be injured in a MASSIVE game where all their subs have been used and 30 mins still to play and decides he can not carry on, unless it is a serious injury like one that they wont be back for three or four weeks. How the hell was he fully fit in not 3 DAYS.

I've seen some horseshit on this board over the years but that takes the cake.

[TWEET]732341457508564993[/TWEET]

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I'm in love with Knockaert. Fantastic player. Sadly i believe he will be gone in the summer from a bid between 6-8 million

I think that may be a test of the board (Tony's) determination to keep the squad together.
I am sure we will get offers for him and possibly Kayal, Stephens and Dunk but hope they will be declined.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Back to the original question.

Yes it's time to let go of certain players and - FFS - stop wanting "club legends" back. A team full of the likes of Noone, GG, Lua Lua, Barnes and Murray would be great AT WINNING LEAGUE ONE because that's what they did.

I'd fully expect us to sign a couple of decent strikers to replace Wilson and Zamora but not necessarily ones anyone on this board would know well. GG may get one more season but we need more quality back up to Dunk and Goldson who I'd expect to be our starting partnership. Knockaert will only go if we get a spectacular offer, The deadwood will be cleared.

Tony is going for it. Chris is going for it. We don't want to feel how we did on Monday again do we?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I love old players and geting new onboard

My only criteria is if the old ( ex ) players are better than what we have I am happy to have them back.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I also think that this is one of the daftest posts I've seen on here, and there's plenty of competition in that direction.
Knockaert was distraught at that injury on Friday, and could barely operate the lower half of his body. I was stunned that he played on Monday, that he did was due to his determination and commitment to the team, some brilliant patch-up work by our medical team, and some extremely powerful painkillers.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Back to the original question.

Yes it's time to let go of certain players and - FFS - stop wanting "club legends" back. A team full of the likes of Noone, GG, Lua Lua, Barnes and Murray would be great AT WINNING LEAGUE ONE because that's what they did.

I'd fully expect us to sign a couple of decent strikers to replace Wilson and Zamora but not necessarily ones anyone on this board would know well. GG may get one more season but we need more quality back up to Dunk and Goldson who I'd expect to be our starting partnership. Knockaert will only go if we get a spectacular offer, The deadwood will be cleared.

Tony is going for it. Chris is going for it. We don't want to feel how we did on Monday again do we?

This all the way. Although I felt strangely fine on Monday, just caught up in the occasion and the sheer brilliance of the display on and off the pitch. It was only a few days later that it's all really sunk in and I've started feeling devastated for the players, prompted in no small part from that brilliant thread about our flairmeister.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have a look at the picture and tell me that pattern of bruising is the result of 'direct trauma based on a form of impact'. :facepalm:

It sure as hell doesn't look like a consequence of blunt force trauma to me, which is your point, of course. I'm pig ignorant on such matters in truth - is it consistent with another type of injury then? Slightly torn ligaments, for example?

Whatever, Knockaert was a star to get up and play again on Monday.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Have a look at the picture and tell me that pattern of bruising is the result of 'direct trauma based on a form of impact'. :facepalm:

FFS! Read the trail of posts! The original related to a torn ligament which I said was unlikely due to weight bearing.

It was possibly strained but unlikely torn, the bruising as per my post can be as a result of direct trauma, as well as ligament based.

[emoji15]

Anyway, I bet it was painful and he did well to play.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Direct trauma?

Trauma (potentially) can be classified as any injury to a joint impact or otherwise.

If you get a 'dead leg' it is trauma to the bone, to open a joint like Knocky did when he went down, thus exposing the ligament is a trauma to that joint.

If you look at the 'who will be fit post thread' I clutched at straws a bit and suggested he had a chance, as they looked exposed (?strained) rather than properly torn.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

GTFO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here