Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOUTH - The latest

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hebbard has got the Falmer forum closed. Just pathetic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, bearing in mind there was a concerted campaign on here to have Hebbard sacked over some of the stewarding issues, along with a fair amount of personal abuse directed at him, is it ALL that surprising that he's turned round and given the finger to the Ask the Project Team forum ? Particularly as it was probably him answering most of the queries ?

Can't say I blame him.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
:flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Long before I took over NSC, a situation occurred whereby someone associated with the club effectively imposed some censorship on the board, trying to keep some questionable news out of the public domain.

I vowed that when I took over NSC this would never happen again. And I intend to stick to that, even if the discussion in question is thought to be overly harsh.

I will, of course, act on anything that is potentially libellous as soon as alerted and I will, of course, extend a 'right to reply' to anyone feeling they are taking undue stick.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well, bearing in mind there was a concerted campaign on here to have Hebbard sacked over some of the stewarding issues, along with a fair amount of personal abuse directed at him, is it ALL that surprising that he's turned round and given the finger to the Ask the Project Team forum ? Particularly as it was probably him answering most of the queries ?

Can't say I blame him.

Why would a head of security answer detailed questions about the stadium? I would have thought it would be Martin Perry.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was there? Somehow I missed that.

Petition to BAN Richard Hebbard for 2 games - North Stand Chat

OK, it was a ban for Hebbard that was being called for (although some were then asking for it to be a "lifetime ban" from the club, on top of the abuse on the original mouth thread).

The point is, it got personal. I'm not going to bother with the whys and wherefores of what happened to Mouth. Wasn't involved, didn't see it, can't be arsed to add to the War & Peace thats already been written over it. But having met RH a couple of times he's come across as a decent bloke who is Albion through and through, so I can understand why he's give this place a very large swerve if people on here are targetting him for abuse, however 'just' their agenda is considered to be on behalf of someone.

He's not obliged to provide answers on here about the Amex (assuming it was indeed him). Was nice while it lasted though.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

OK, it was a ban for Hebbard that was being called for (although some were then asking for it to be a "lifetime ban" from the club, on top of the abuse on the original mouth thread).

The point is, it got personal. I'm not going to bother with the whys and wherefores of what happened to Mouth. Wasn't involved, didn't see it, can't be arsed to add to the War & Peace thats already been written over it. But having met RH a couple of times he's come across as a decent bloke who is Albion through and through, so I can understand why he's give this place a very large swerve if people on here are targetting him for abuse, however 'just' their agenda is considered to be on behalf of someone.

He's not obliged to provide answers on here about the Amex (assuming it was indeed him). Was nice while it lasted though.

I'm sorry, I completely disagree. This smacks of gross unprofessionalism and childishness by someone(s) at the club. You don't refuse customer service (which is what this effectively is, we are all customers) to an entire group because SOME of them MIGHT have said something NASTY about ONE employee. It's pathetic, and I think only one step away from the banning of the Argus in the 90s and the ongoing picture binfest at Southampton.

Man United fans, even pre-Glazers, had a saying. It was "love the team, hate the club." For the first time, I am starting to feel a little bit like that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If Richard Hebbard saw himself as a servant of the club rather than the other way around then maybe the "front of house" bit of his role would become a bit easier to manage.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
haha what an absolute joke to get it closed down.

I seem to remember in an interview with Harty him saying how he doesn't take any notice of stuff that has been written about him on the internet? So that was just a complete lie was it?

As paying customers we are well within our rights to flag up issues with the club, and it is quite obvious that a number of the things which he overlooks are what people are complaining about. The bloke needs to get a bit of perspective and not just hide away when things get a bit difficult.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just to be clear: I've closed it down through choice, I've not been told to.

There seems little point in allowing questions to be posted if they are not going to be answered.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

We are all entitled to our opinions..........and you, yours.

Did you listen to Hebberd on the Albion Roar the other week....?

It was a lengthy interview,alongside PC Beard. The contrast between the two was stark.

PC Beard came across as understanding football supporters views, whilst at the same time, clearly explaining the police position regarding safety and crowd control. A pleasure to listen to....and informative.

Hebberd, came across as an authoritarian, brusque, lacking in understanding and intransigent.

I understand from some postings on NSC, that he is some sort of salesman/arselicker to prospective purchasers of 1901 seats at Falmer. He is also .......?......head of security at the Withdean. Two very contrasting and differing positions. One position he seems to excel at...the other, not so.......IMHO.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Maybe he is just out of his depth? In a job which he can handle in lower leagues but his weaknesses are being found out as the club evolves? It happens in all walks of life where people end up promoted to their highest level of incompetence and then when the company takes the next step they are not able to adjust or evolve. Does he have too many roles in the club, perhaps - should they be looking at replacing him with someone who has the experience or the ability to take on the role at a higher level? If he is not able to take criticism without having a tantrum then perhaps it is actually better if he withdraws from a more public role to one where he will not embarass the club or himself and they find someone who is a little more able to cope.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
We are all entitled to our opinions..........and you, yours.

Did you listen to Hebberd on the Albion Roar the other week....?

It was a lengthy interview,alongside PC Beard. The contrast between the two was stark.

PC Beard came across as understanding football supporters views, whilst at the same time, clearly explaining the police position regarding safety and crowd control. A pleasure to listen to....and informative.

Hebberd, came across as an authoritarian, brusque, lacking in understanding and intransigent.

I understand from some postings on NSC, that he is some sort of salesman/arselicker to prospective purchasers of 1901 seats at Falmer. He is also .......?......head of security at the Withdean. Two very contrasting and differing positions. One position he seems to excel at...the other, not so.......IMHO.

good post. listening to hebbard justify his views and actions on Roar actually upset me a bit... he absolutely refused to even try and understand the fan's point of view and arrogantly shrugged off any criticism even though it was all constructive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't hear RH on the Albion Roar, so can't vouch on how he came across.

There has clearly been a groundswell of opinion against him on here over how the mouth thing was handled, and some of that then turned into personal abuse. Whatever you think about the bloke, if a vendetta is launched on a website then its hardly all that surprising if he decides not to visit that website any more to answer the project team questions is it.

I'm not that bothered about it one way or the other, but as ever, some people on here are just itching to get on their indignant high horses and slag people off. I just can't be arsed with it frankly.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe he is just out of his depth? In a job which he can handle in lower leagues but his weaknesses are being found out as the club evolves? It happens in all walks of life where people end up promoted to their highest level of incompetence and then when the company takes the next step they are not able to adjust or evolve. Does he have too many roles in the club, perhaps - should they be looking at replacing him with someone who has the experience or the ability to take on the role at a higher level? If he is not able to take criticism without having a tantrum then perhaps it is actually better if he withdraws from a more public role to one where he will not embarass the club or himself and they find someone who is a little more able to cope.

Totally agree , even at Withdean there are double standards for away supporters with the stewards taking a low profile role if its Leeds or Millwall or any club with over 700 fans present. When there are only 100-200 away fans they adopt a more zealous attitude. What is going to happen at Falmer with 2000+ away followings ? Surely a new head of security will come in who knows both sides of the business , probably an ex copper with some commonsense.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have nothing personal against RH I have met him twice and he seemed like a nice enough guy. However when there began to be problems he had two choices- discuss ways forward and try to build relationships OR completely retrench into some kind of obstinate distant character. He has foolishly chosen the latter. And by now refusing to answer these questions he has gone further. Just ridiculous and totally the wrong way to deal with customer relations. If your customers say their is a problem then there is a problem. Don't ignore them.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair they put them in the crowd after complaints from supporters.
Eh? So supporters complained. Assuming that's true (and that's a BIG assumption) the club decided that the best solution was to install a PLAIN CLOTHES steward?

That smacks of entrapment as they obviously weren't interested in just stopping the swearing but in mounting an undercover 'sting' operation to give them the chance to flex their muscles. In other words they deliberately let the incident escalate; after all, having a visible steward sitting there instead of a plain clothes one wouldn't have been any fun would it? The intended target might have twigged and moderated his behaviour accordingly. It just re-enforces the view that a number of the stewards, and certainly those in control of them, are a lot of inadequate men getting off on playing at being weekend Stasi.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here