Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourhinio - A breath of fresh air

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I agree it's an overused phrase but I do admit to liking the guy.

It is good to see the premiership duopoly interrupted by somebody new and to give him his dues I think Mourinho doesn't always believe his own hype, he just loves playing the game.

Nobody can deny that he's instilled a wonderful team spirit at Chelsea and we as Albion fans cannot underestimate the importance of that.

Why shouldn't he be arrogant if he is winning trophies and achieving the success he and the fans crave?

I think Ferguson is arrogant but the difference is he isn't likeable whereas Mourinho come across in a far warmer light.

I liked the comment he made after Ferguson had celebrated his 1000th game or whatever it was and Mourinho was asked whether he believed he would see 1,000 games at Chelsea. He laughed and commented that he'd be putting his feet up in his retirement home enjoying a fine wine or two by then and had no desire to stay on to such an age!

One in the eye for that ringpiece Ferguson, who lets not forget, has only one trophy left to play for this season. I have to admit that after our own status in the Championship is secure the results I'm most looking out for are those in the FA cup as Arsenal, Spurs or Newcastle winning it over Man U would just make my day.

Arsenal - Spurs final anyone?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Against Norwich and Newcastle at home he said they were outplayed in the first half and lucky to win by so many goals. He also said they were outplayed in the Fa cup, Oxford was it?
He admitted that the three subs against Newcastle were a mistake.

But he's lost four games, one of which was a meaningless CL group game, two of which they were on top before unluckily going down to ten men. So he's not had to make that many excuses.

I'm not going to make a generalisation about you, Saint Lennard, cos that's just the sign of a weak argument

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But he LIED about his "finger to the lips" performance in the League Cup final being aimed at the press rather than the Liverpool fans sitting behind him. That was clearly utter bullshit. And something doesn't smell right about this Ashley Cole affair where he claims he was in Milan at the time.

I think he's a filthy stinking LIAR when it suits him. But I still like him.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Easy 10 said:
But he LIED about his "finger to the lips" performance in the League Cup final being aimed at the press rather than the Liverpool fans sitting behind him. That was clearly utter bullshit. And something doesn't smell right about this Ashley Cole affair where he claims he was in Milan at the time.

The Milan thing was a joke. He said he was practising portugeuse with Adriano.

Another reason why he's a breath of fresh air.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Fair comment e10. I think that klike many good leaders he has charisma. Something Wenger and Ferguson do not have in abundance. I think that is why people are attracted to him. He is a good manager and maybe his charisma is the breath of fresh air rather than anything else.

I still rate the personal qualities of MM higher though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Charisma, thats the word. The fella has oodles of it, and his players react to it. Its an indefinable quality, but such an important one.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's the sort of bloke who is likeable when he's winning but an utter COCKWAD when he aint.

Let's not forget what a twat he was after the Spurs home game when Spuzz decided to defend for the whole game. And he'd have looked a right COCKER if he'd lost last night.

Peter

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
keaton said:
The Milan thing was a joke. He said he was practising portugeuse with Adriano.

Another reason why he's a breath of fresh air.

Have you ever had a Tommy Tank over his picture xx?

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Peter said:
Have you ever had a Tommy Tank over his picture xx?

Have you ever had a wank over Easy10?

Frank Lampard would get the good news though

Last edited:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Easy 10 said:

I agree, the difference being, I DON'T like him! From a woman's point of view, I don't find him attractive to look at either - he has piercing eyes - not pleasant - although I guess he's an improvement in that respect than Ferguson. As a person, I think he's far more arrogant and obnoxious than Ferguson. Very unpleasant!

Fran Hagarty said:
I agree, the difference being, I DON'T like him! From a woman's point of view, I don't find him attractive to look at either - he has piercing eyes - not pleasant - although I guess he's an improvement in that respect than Ferguson. As a person, I think he's far more arrogant and obnoxious than Ferguson. Very unpleasant!

Ok, for you, the lads should perhaps be shy and brooding, 'dark' with that smouldering thing that says something else is going on - even if it isn't.
You don't see many of these types in football management!

I'm willing to bet you gag for Johnny Depp.
Right?

(I bet you also dislike anyone guessing what you like in a man :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here