Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mourhinio - A breath of fresh air

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Is anyone else completely bored of the media using the term "breath of fresh air" whenever Mouriniho's name is mentioned?

It's become his official title. He's been there nine months now. I heard it twice in half an hour on Five Live this morning.

STOP THIS MADNESS!:angry:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
But nine months is a relatively short period of time compared to six or so years of the Premiership being dominated by Wenger and Ferguson.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well said J S.
Its getting tedious in the extreme. I like Mourinho, but it seems commentators and the press are unable to mention the fella without the "b o f a" comment creeping in. Lazy journalism.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Agreed, but it happens virtually any time anyone mentions him. It's not necessary. Perhaps I'm being a bit prickly, perhaps it's giving up the smoking, but it's just ridiculous.

He is NOT a breath of fresh air - he is more of the same. He whinges, he denies playing mind games while playing mind games, he thinks the whole world should fall at his, and his team's feet, he thinks the whole world is against him and his team, and he blames the ref whenever he loses but conveniently fails to comment on any refereeing decisions which go in his team's favour.

Ferguson mk.2, in other words.

Wenger is marginally better than the other two, but is still guilty of pretty much the same things..

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
He's an arrogant c*nt. To me he is the Ritchie Morris of premiership managers and loves the sound of his voice too much.

Is there anyone in the Premiershite that has the honesty and humility of MM?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
Yes, but Mourinho is gorgeous.

According to my mum.

Your Mum has good taste

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
fatbadger said:
He is NOT a breath of fresh air - he is more of the same. He whinges, he denies playing mind games while playing mind games, he thinks the whole world should fall at his, and his team's feet, he thinks the whole world is against him and his team, and he blames the ref whenever he loses but conveniently fails to comment on any refereeing decisions which go in his team's favour.

You forgot to mention blaming irresponsible bus drivers for leaving their vehicles in inconvenient places.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
not a breath of fresh air, perhaps a wind of change or a leg of lhama.

No a talented bloke with bags of money who can do what he wants cause his chairman is loaded

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Mourinho is a genius.
throwing money at a team doesn't guarantee success
Man U spent £70 million on summer to retain thier title and lost it. Newcastle and Liverpool have spent vast amounts withouot winning.

The last few weeks he has got a bit arrogont but he's a football manager, nearly all managers and players are arrogant.

I thought he was legend on his birthday after beating man u when they said that must make it a great birthday for him and he said that that was unimportant it was a great birthday already because he had his family,friends and health.

Oh, come on - Mourinho isn't a genius. He's a very good manager, of course - but so are Wenger & Ferguson. The point was whether he is a breath of fresh air or not. Is he sufficiently different to Wenger & Ferguson (and a few others we could name)? No, he's not.

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
keaton said:

I thought he was legend on his birthday after beating man u when they said that must make it a great birthday for him and he said that that was unimportant it was a great birthday already because he had his family,friends and health.

Ah my favourite gripe on NSC the over use of the word legend. It seems you would make a poor judge at a beauty contest cos you would actually believe they all want to save the world from poverty and love and respect all the other contestants.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
Ah my favourite gripe on NSC the over use of the word legend. It seems you would make a poor judge at a beauty contest cos you would actually believe they all want to save the world from poverty and love and respect all the other contestants.

But if i believed all of them then i would judge it just on looks, which would be the point of a beauty contest, surely?

He said the same thing at christmas and there was a really interesting article in the guardian by a psychologist saying that he seems to be the happiest and most sorted mentally of all the managers.

I think he is a legend, he's shown up Wenger and Ferguson for the children that they are and his arragonce comes from actually achieving the unvbelievable, as in what he did with Porto for the last two seasons.

The point was about a 'breath of fresh air' and i think he has , by not overstating the importance of individual games unlike his contemporaries

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
Saint Lennard said:
I value honesty more than spin. Legend or no legend.

But you've no proof it is spin. He could be being honest, i think he is. He's dealt with being a failed footballer so i'd suggest he realises that there's more important things than a game of football

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
fatbadger said:

Ferguson mk.2, in other words.

Wenger is marginally better than the other two, but is still guilty of pretty much the same things..

Nah hes more like Brian Clough than those two !!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Unlike our own manager when has Mourinho said his team didn't play well or that he made mistakes. That's honesty in my book. Having the humility to admit your own mistakes is far more valuable than saying to the press that family comes first or that Christmas is a time of peace and love..........and charity. In your book Smashy and Nicey are legends, me thinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here