Motorists Respect the Law

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Somewhat, had there been a sign saying mobile speed cameras I would have said my fault end of story rather than while giving me a ticket 3 other cars raced by and not caught. I was the unlucky one.

so not "i was speeding, so its my fault end of story"? :ffsparr:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Somewhat, had there been a sign saying mobile speed cameras I would have said my fault end of story rather than while giving me a ticket 3 other cars raced by and not caught. I was the unlucky one.

The limits in various areas are not mobile (although sometimes temporary), only the means to catch those breaking them are. There are some signs hidden by overgrown bushes but certainly not the ones you should have seen as you entered Sussex Way!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I missed it and thought I was still in 40 hence went back to check and I was wrong.

So even after ticketed by the police you still had to return to see if you were in the wrong. Unbelievable.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I missed it and thought I was still in 40 hence went back to check and I was wrong.

NSC-Kangaroo court time.....

Defendant BensGrandad....
Prosecutor Goldwithfamer...

Gold.....what speed were you originally doing in a 40mph zone??

If you were doing 38mph i will have you down as a fair driver with a decent case of hard done by,that said ignorance,whilst bliss can be no defence..

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
so you are saying motorists should be legally obliged to pay to have a tracker fitted,
imagine the tantrum as they realise they will have to respect the law :lolol:

Where did I say anything about motorists being forced to pay anything ? Your making things up as you go along.
You asked how it could be done and I offered a potential solution. I said nothing about any fiscal implications.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Where did I say anything about motorists being forced to pay anything ? Your making things up as you go along.
You asked how it could be done and I offered a potential solution. I said nothing about any fiscal implications.

you said its cheap to fit a tracker, that is a fiscal implication.
correct me if im wrong but, dont these "youngsters" you refer to pay themselves?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
correct me if im wrong but, dont these "youngsters" you refer to pay themselves?

How about,drive like a Gran....bit like drive like a girl only more stringent and fitting for the cause.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully it won't be too long before... ...all cars are automatically restricted to the speed limit.

All well and good, and I suppose we all await the first corporate manslaughter cases against the government and car manufacturer when someone dies because their speed limited car doesn't get them out of the way of a fatal oncoming accident.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Mine don't, I have 3 children and all have cars that I got them and pay for the're insurances.
As they are at either at college, university or in paid job they can't afford it themselves

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
All well and good, and I suppose we all await the first corporate manslaughter cases against the government and car manufacturer when someone dies because their speed limited car doesn't get them out of the way of a fatal oncoming accident.

Possibly although unlikely and a little alarmist. I'm sure people had a similar reaction to lifts without attendants and driverless trains. Some trucks have their speed restricted, have there been any cases where this has caused a death to the driver?

There will never be a situation where any controlled environment is 100% safe but it will be an immense stride forward to automate all cars and take control away from the impatient, the aggressive, the drugged, the thoughtless, the banned, the unqualified and the just plain moronic drivers that make our roads so dangerous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bowdown: :thumbsup: :bowdown:

[tweet]521830284757438464[/tweet]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
When cyclists, and the vast majority don't, start obeying the laws of the road, then they can reasonably pass comment on motorists failings (of which there are many). Meanwhile, people in glass houses...

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
When cyclists, and the vast majority don't, start obeying the laws of the road, then they can reasonably pass comment on motorists failings (of which there are many). Meanwhile, people in glass houses...

obviously that is a two way street; TWO WAY STREET; i dont know how i do it sometimes

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
obviously that is a two way street; TWO WAY STREET; i dont know how i do it sometimes

Motorists are at least sometimes prosecuted. Cyclists hardly ever are for their transgressions. In that scenario, the motorists have a right to point out the inequities.

Yoda

English & European

Stop generalising will you. I see far more motorists drive whilst using a mobile, tailgating and treating a STOP junctions as a give way ones, than cyclists going through red lights etc, but when you take into account the proportions, it's about equal.

There are bad drivers out there, but not the vast majority.
There are bad cyclists out there, but not the vast majority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports