Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motorists Respect the Law

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Stop generalising will you. I see far more motorists drive whilst using a mobile, tailgating and treating a STOP junctions as a give way ones, than cyclists going through red lights etc, but when you take into account the proportions, it's about equal.

There are bad drivers out there, but not the vast majority.
There are bad cyclists out there, but not the vast majority.

I haven't said all car drivers good, all cyclists bad tho'. But I think you need to revisit your estimates of relative proportions of bad drivers to total drivers c.f. Bad cyclists to total cyclists. For example, cyclists jump reds far more often than drivers do (proportionally speaking).

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Motorists are at least sometimes prosecuted. Cyclists hardly ever are for their transgressions. In that scenario, the motorists have a right to point out the inequities.

the only important inequity is death caused by cars 2500, cyclists 0, in round figures.
this stat tells you, crack down on the killers; no more thinking or debate needed

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I haven't said all car drivers good, all cyclists bad tho'. But I think you need to revisit your estimates of relative proportions of bad drivers to total drivers c.f. Bad cyclists to total cyclists. For example, cyclists jump reds far more often than drivers do (proportionally speaking).

which kills no one. c'mon, there is no equivalence between driving and cycling offences

Yoda

English & European

No, but you said the MAJORITY of cyclists, which IS generalising.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1 mile ride:-

3 motorists driving on the phone.
2 cyclists riding exemplary.

Therefore using the patented DRIVER algorithm

10% of all drivers should be culled from the planet & all cyclists are perfect and never do anything wrong.
If only life were as simple as a driver.

That's not even mentioning the woman, last night, on the phone while filling her car up with petrol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here