Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Motorists Respect the Law

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He stepped out into the road from his cover and no I dont use that road as there are other ways to go, and I have Since lwaving The Cricketers in 2001 I have probably used that road twice and got caught once. Him putting a sign up 100yds either side would achieve the same but it comes back to the old argument are the plice there to catch offenders and in this case boost the revenue or prevent a crime.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Cyclists are the problem
[emoji468] [emoji598] [emoji590] [emoji597] [emoji603] [emoji604] [emoji600] [emoji594] [emoji595] [emoji592]

wrongun, are you being naughty again? does it have to be another letter home to your father?
your journeys are lengthened by vehicles, not bikes. the machine is to big for the 'ole provided. y' get me?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He stepped out into the road from his cover and no I dont use that road as there are other ways to go, and I have Since lwaving The Cricketers in 2001 I have probably used that road twice and got caught once. Him putting a sign up 100yds either side would achieve the same but it comes back to the old argument are the plice there to catch offenders or prevent crime.

:tantrum::wozza:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If he was "hidden", how did you know he was there?

Besides. You won't speed down there again, will you, so it's achieved its aim.

It's an attitude changer,i'll agree with that,i am about to go on a speed awareness course,i drive 7.5 ton for profession and if i drove my car like my work vehicle,i would be a perfect driver,i take it very seriously and am one of the better one's out there,use my indicators/hazards and so forth...

I am one of the best defensive drivers out there and have avoided many a cyclist or stationary traffic by slowing well under the speed limits on certain roads.

I will do the course i'll take my punishment and i will look to learn...

Will it change my attitude when i work? No because i have that attitude already.
Will it change my attitude when i drive my car? it already has.

But i will probably still continue to nudge up to the limits.

Why am i attending a speed awareness course? because my luck ran out.

Never had a blameworthy accident at work,long may it continue,not had an accident in my car for over 10 years and long may that continue....however sticking hard and fast to speed limits increases the risk of a collision what with tailgaters right up behind me more often,still it will probably result in a less serious prang when it happens.

EDIT- the speeding offence was in my car...36 in a 30 manor royal saturday afternoon just about to join the motorway feeder road..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He stepped out into the road from his cover and no I dont use that road as there are other ways to go, and I have Since lwaving The Cricketers in 2001 I have probably used that road twice and got caught once. Him putting a sign up 100yds either side would achieve the same but it comes back to the old argument are the plice there to catch offenders and in this case boost the revenue or prevent a crime.

Good news for local residents then, if it's put you off from using (and thus speeding down) their road which their kids use to walk to primary school.

Unexpected bonus. Well done that officer.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
dangerous & inconsiderate cycling

that doesnt put anyone at risk except the cyclist,
motorists generally take a punt with others safety

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
People do get killed by "dangerous cycling" - granted it is rare, but even one death is too many. As cycling becomes more and more popular there will have to be improved legislation to improve their poor behaviour on the road, to prevent the hundreds of injuries and the occasional death by bikes, not to mention improve their general consideration for drivers and pedestrians.

Besides, there are many road laws that exist not to save lives, but to improve the quality of the roads - such as the recent "middle lane hogging" fine.

look at the figures

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Use of a mobile phone at the wheel...........a 6 month driving ban would cut figures by 95%

Speeding............£500 and 6 points would make many think twice...

No deterrant= No law or a law's that can be bent or broken

the figure being cars on the road?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The whole point is this-those that think they are good drivers will realize that cyclists are part and parcel of the roads,they will if unable to pass wide enough,will slow down to make a pass slowly enough not to make the cyclist feel threatened.

They will on a wet and windy dark winters morning when pulling out at a junction,not just look for head lights,but look and make allowance for a cyclist that has no high visibility clothing or even any lights,as well a motor bikers..

It all boils down to attitude and patience....not,i am going to show that driver behind me how quickly i can pull out and the whole process is made all the easier and above all safer if a mobile phone in not in the hand of the driver.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

are you asking "are the police there to catch offenders?",
are you?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
the figure being cars on the road?

No the use of the mobile phone-a hardcore will always do crime,let's say 5%,i am talking about the idiots and the careless ...that figure could be reduced.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

BG....your luck ran out,everybody speeds,but hopefully over time less people will and the roads will be safer..that's the aim....what speed were you doing out of interest?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
The simple but unpopular answer would be more cameras or other electronic device. I can stand in South Rd Haywards Heath by the roundabout to Sussex Rd for 10 mins and will see at least 6 vehicles go past or round the roundabout with drivers on the phone, not hands free. In the majority of cases it is van drivers and lorries especially tipper lorries but that is generalising.

my shift is about 11 hours a day and that involves about 5.5 hours driving,excluding 2 hours driving to work and back and i think you need to open your eyes more,amazing what can be seen higher up looking down,perhaps your not seeing the "texters" as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slightly off topic is it legal to have ear plugs in whilst driving a car or riding a bike?
I hope not as the gramophone player in my car doesn't connect to my mp3 player.

I do like to listen to a cycling podcast while I'm driving.
It reminds me of my superiority over all the fat slaves around me, chained into their soulless metal death boxes.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Could I respectfully suggest you and your cycle riding friends go and live in Switzerland where they absolutely hate cars and leave me free to drive my 911 as fast as I want.

its a bit hilly and chilly there. why dont you move to somewhere where you can do as you please.
what type of nation would tolerate an anti-social oaf such as you? serious question, botswana?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here