Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Only managed 1 day at Brands Hatch so far this year, it was absolutely freezing and rained in the afternoon but I still got 5 good sessions in. Was due at Silverstone this Monday but had to forfeit for a family matter. Next stop Donington.

8B49728D-5A74-48F6-A938-8125D5B10521.jpeg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
5999672cbcffa15b10c2f595df413225.jpg

I bought a brand new bike exactly like this one from Speedway Motors, Ann Street Brighton in 1973.
It cost me around £250 including a full faced helmet.
I was only earning £10.00 a week at Bevan Funnell Furniture so it took ages to pay it off :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Current ride. Looking forward to trips away in the summer, hopefully..
3345926c3729c0cb82fb939400edc8c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
View attachment 136391

I bought a brand new bike exactly like this one from Speedway Motors, Ann Street Brighton in 1973.
I was only earning £10.00 a week at Bevan Funnell Furniture so it took ages to pay it off :)

Takes me back, I had an Enduro 175 mid to late seventies which I bought after a car wrote off my bucket seat Lambretta Li. Traded it for a RD 250 later, which was my favourite bike.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Takes me back, I had an Enduro 175 mid to late seventies which I bought after a car wrote off my bucket seat Lambretta Li.

In the year I bought the bike I rode it with a few mates to the Anglo/American motorbike racing at Brands Hatch.
After we got back to the parking area my new bike was surrounded by fans who had never seen one before lol.
A year or so after, Yamaha changed the design of the exhaust to run under the seat.
Great laughs for a few years until I hit a car side on that had turned across me.
I can still remember flying through the air :eek:
Got a Stimson Mini Bug soon after:)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
View attachment 136391

I had a KE175 in the early 80s, blue.Great bike, took it off roading and then would ride it home on the roads.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's a Yamaha, a KE175 could only be a Kawasaki, or have I missed something?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
In the year I bought the bike I rode it with a few mates to the Anglo/American motorbike racing at Brands Hatch.
After we got back to the parking area my new bike was surrounded by fans who had never seen one before lol.
A year or so after, Yamaha changed the design of the exhaust to run under the seat.
Great laughs for a few years until I hit a car side on that had turned across me.
I can still remember flying through the air :eek:

That’s exactly the same type of incident that wrote off my Scooter. I also had a three wheeler for a while before I passed my car test, mine was a Trotter type though.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
That’s exactly the same type of incident that wrote off my Scooter. I also had a three wheeler for a while before I passed my car test, mine was a Trotter type though.

Blimey, my mate bought a three wheeler in between biking and getting a car.
His had moss growing inside it !
Handy for parking when going to the Goldstone tho :albion2:

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Valk passed MOT.jpg

One of 4 bikes I'm running at the moment... been a godsend during lockdown tinkering in the garage.....

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
In the year I bought the bike I rode it with a few mates to the Anglo/American motorbike racing at Brands Hatch……..

I mistook the Mini Bug to be a type of three wheel Bond bug. Just googled the Stimson and that is a bloody cool vehicle. Never seen one before, must have been a lot of fun.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Current ride. Looking forward to trips away in the summer, hopefully..
3345926c3729c0cb82fb939400edc8c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad has got a Tiger 1050 which he takes touring, he’s been all through Europe on it, he goes with a group of wealthy chaps who all ride the latest BMWs, KTMs etc and he’s the only one to never break down.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My dad has got a Tiger 1050 which he takes touring, he’s been all through Europe on it, he goes with a group of wealthy chaps who all ride the latest BMWs, KTMs etc and he’s the only one to never break down.

That’s great to hear. I have the oldest bike in my riding group but to seem to have the most reliable machine of us all. Mind you, there’s no expense spared with my baby! This is a fabulous bike to ride and would highly recommend one to those in the market for a sports adventure bike.
I love this bike but would consider upgrading to the new 1250GS if I could afford it!
I’m hoping to start flying lessons soon so budget on too many toys would be frowned upon by Mrs M!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I really miss not having a Bike I rode summer and winter between 1976 and 1990 then started again in 2000 but that was short lived as a **** in a white van not paying attention just wiped out the bike me with it, damaged spine cracked skull punched lung broken scapula twenty stitches in a leg six broken ribs thought my biking days were over but never say never I do fancy the new Royal Enfield 650 twin Continental

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here