Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Motorbikes

D

Deleted member 2719

If anyone is bored here’s some footage of my brother and myself at Mugello in 2018. I’m on the green Zx6r, he’s filming on the 750 GSXR, ignore the slow first lap as it was a sighting lap.
https://youtu.be/wxCuHEL3r-I

Excellent, I have never done a track day as I tend to like mud!

Your brother's bike sounds like its 8 stroking, or is that what GSX750 sound like the top end? Or perhaps it's a microphone thing???

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Excellent, I have never done a track day as I tend to like mud!

Your brother's bike sounds like its 8 stroking, or is that what GSX750 sound like the top end? Or perhaps it's a microphone thing???

The sound from my brother’s Gixxer is probably a combination of poor audio and the fact that he sits on the limiter when nearing a corner rather than shifting up briefly, I’ve no idea why he doesn’t change gear as we’re all set up with quickshifters, quick action throttles, race shift and slipper clutches for deceleration :shrug:

franks brother

This is my ride at the moment
d3b734d05235eb26deaa630051552c13.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Yeah, I read that about the Ron Haslam days, shame, my dad did it years ago and loved it. I’ve not ridden Donington yet but really want to, Mrs DFP’s sister lives 10 minutes from the circuit so it’s ideally placed for a a nights B&B too :)
Were you using your own bike or one of the CBRs?

It was the fireblade having done the 600 day years ago in perfect weather.

This time the rain was relentless, lost my bottle before we even went out for the first session but on the 2nd session gave it a bit too much in a long gentle bend hardly any lean angle but the bike broke traction, bit and almost chucked me off, called it a day after that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Those motorcyclists weren’t riding responsibly and reading the conditions as you describe above. They were taking the piss out of an empty A272 at 5am on a summer Sunday morning.

To be absolutely fair, that is when the A272 is rideable, such a lovely road but always clogged with traffic during the day.

One of the joys of being a northern monkey was access to the Peak District, Snowdownia and the The Lakes, all of which have magnificent and mostly empty roads.

Have decided to return to my Yoof and give my CBR a mate to talk to, surely there must be some RD400's that haven't been wrapped around lampposts? ??? God knows what they must go for these days...

EDIT Jeezus wept 6 -10K, why didn't I keep mine!!!

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
RD350's into LAmbretta frames is a thing . . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JbSNNA8H9o

the bikes are more valuable now, so not a simple/cheap conversion.

Lambretta did prototype some twins in the late 60's and someone has actually made them . . . . but you can buy complete new 50+ BHP engines off the shelf now so not a lot of point.

This is one of my hacks, owned since 1996, original/unrestored, has a new ish 240cc engine for touring. Originally registered at Masons Lambretta in Montague St Worthing, February 1962

706EBP (2).jpg

D

Deleted member 2719

The sound from my brother’s Gixxer is probably a combination of poor audio and the fact that he sits on the limiter when nearing a corner rather than shifting up briefly, I’ve no idea why he doesn’t change gear as we’re all set up with quickshifters, quick action throttles, race shift and slipper clutches for deceleration :shrug:

Okay, perhaps his muscle memory firmly remembers his TY days! I have to say riding a bike can get habitual, I still tend to want to spit up dirt whenever there is an opportunity, even on a bicycle!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
RD350's into LAmbretta frames is a thing . . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JbSNNA8H9o

the bikes are more valuable now, so not a simple/cheap conversion.

Lambretta did prototype some twins in the late 60's and someone has actually made them . . . . but you can buy complete new 50+ BHP engines off the shelf now so not a lot of point.

This is one of my hacks, owned since 1996, original/unrestored, has a new ish 240cc engine for touring. Originally registered at Masons Lambretta in Montague St Worthing, February 1962

View attachment 129461

Why put a decent motorcyle engine into a thing with tiny wheels and no brakes that doesn't handle? Why not just buy a 350LC and enjoy it? (says an ex 350YPVS owner)

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
My current ride, although it's not as tidy now as it was when this photo was taken the day I picked it up from the dealer...

GSX1250.jpg

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Big nakeds, no interest in anything else?

But summer Sunday UK mornings, ‘tween about 5 and 7am, the best time ever to be alive. Almost no traffic and zero cops in the countryside, bliss!

We rode from Quimperlé back to Cean a few summers back on a Sunday. France is (rightly) closed on a Sunday, France islovely for touring/riding.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Big nakeds, no interest in anything else?

But summer Sunday UK mornings, ‘tween about 5 and 7am, the best time ever to be alive. Almost no traffic and zero cops in the countryside, bliss!

Had quite a few 2 strokes, all Suzukis, and recently a Z1000 and a Diavel , the z was a bit to lean forward for me and the presence of the ducati and the power was great but didn't take to the twin and the massive engine braking it gives. Also had a little duke 390 a few months ago but lack power TBH.
Always up early on a Sunday so would relish a early morning ride out.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have just bought my first bike after 18 years of not riding. My daughter has now left for universty, so I though I'd give it a another go.

My husband who is now not driving around the country taking my daughter to cycling races decidied to get a bike and try off roading with one of the other dads who also is now not driving around the country for the same reson.

So I bought a Honda cb125F. I am only 5ft 3 and weigh less then 8 stone so I able to get a steady 65MPH when I want to. That has been fast enough as to say I am rusty after all this time would be a massive understatment. I just want a gentle rides out with my husband who bought a CRF250 Rally. I have done about 100 miles since I bought it two weeks ago and loving it.

View attachment 129397

After getting my confidence back and riding over 600 miles since getting the little honda 125, I have just put a deposite on a Kawasaki Z400 Performance addition. Hoping to do some tourning with my husband when the weather improves. Still do not want a silly fast bike, just something that would be OK if we need to pop on to a motorway. As my first bike after passing my test was a Kawasaki ZXR400 this seems almost too perfect

z400.JPG

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
After getting my confidence back and riding over 600 miles since getting the little honda 125, I have just put a deposite on a Kawasaki Z400 Performance addition. Hoping to do some tourning with my husband when the weather improves. Still do not want a silly fast bike, just something that would be OK if we need to pop on to a motorway. As my first bike after passing my test was a Kawasaki ZXR400 this seems almost too perfect

View attachment 136378

Nice one. There's a lot to be said for middle weights and also these A2 compliant machines for road use. You can really use all of their capability without worrying about loosing your licence as much.

Did you go for black and green or the green and black ha

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Nice one. There's a lot to be said for middle weights and also these A2 compliant machines for road use. You can really use all of their capability without worrying about loosing your licence as much.

Did you go for black and green or the green and black ha

Like the one pictured, it's listed colour is "Grey" and has some greeny yellow bits. Because of euro 5 regulations they will not be bring in anymore of these, so they are just selling off the cuurent stock. There was this or a black and red black one. I went to two Kawasaki dealers only one had these available. It was what made me make the decision as it ticks all the boxes for me. Being a short arse with still some confidence issues, it being light and able to flat foot when on it was a must, as well as being a bit of a Kawasaki fan girl.

I going to keep the honda as my daughter who is 19 in couple months is showing interest in riding, it is a great first bike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here