MOTD2, BBC One 22:30

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Another example of my pet hate in terms of the offside rule in the Man Utd Arsenal game. United's third goal, the ball is played to Erickson who is onside, but he's behind Rashford, who would have been offside has he come into play at that point. They both run on and Erickson passes to a now onside Rashford, who scores. The rules somehow say that Rashford isn't interfering with play despite him obviously gaining an advantage by giving the defenders two attackers to cover. The bloke who ends up scoring isn't interfering with play, not like a bloke swiping at and missing the ball before a defender makes a clearing header and someone hits a wonder strike from the resulting clearance. The rules need changing.

Excellent explanation of the facts .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Thought it earlier but watching again confirms it. The Leicester defending for our second goal was just laughable, totally amateurish. I would be ashamed if the 8 year olds I coach defended like that!

Not than Dunk and Webster were much better a few minutes later!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought it earlier but watching again confirms it. The Leicester defending for our second goal was just laughable, totally amateurish. I would be ashamed if the 8 year olds I coach defended like that!

Not than Dunk and Webster were much better a few minutes later!

Their centre midfield half heartedly tracked back, players trying to get the manager sacked. Crikey Ward’s rubbish.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Tell you what I didn't like on MoTD - goal of the month. I have to admit, it was Zaha for me - beautifully placed and taken.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Very good coverage tonight. Happy with that. We were great, Ali Macs goal should have stood and Leicester were awful. Cannot complain about tonight’s show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seems that instead of analysing today's games a bit more they're redoing yesterday's analysis

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chappers: "Brighton are good to watch, aren't they?!?"

Wright: "They looked very good today."

After showing all the goals again and raving over Trossard's dribble for the penalty:

Chappers: "They appear really balanced."

Wright: "It was very good, very impressive."

It's reasonable to expect that Leicester had substantial criticism, so we were never going to monopolize the analysis.

Not a whole lot of detailed analysis of us compared with previous weeks, but happy enough regardless. :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very good coverage tonight. Happy with that. We were great, Ali Macs goal should have stood and Leicester were awful. Cannot complain about tonight’s show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The benefit of being on the Sunday show.

Saturday’s prog leaves little time to talk about so many games, after the obligatory 20 mins of drooling on either of the Manc clubs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought exactly the same. The difference was the mass protest which persuaded the ref and VAR to intervene. Clearly bollox.
When March didn't complain I assumed there was nothing in it. Watching it back I'm thinking he should have complained. It looked like a foul.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Definite foul on March before the first goal. I was sure at the time and even more so now.

I don’t think so, he took a heavy first touch. Neither he or any of the other players appealed. In fact, he was up very quickly trying to get back.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Definite foul on March before the first goal. I was sure at the time and even more so now.

Not going by the standard of recent matches.
I think refs are being far more lenient on challenges this season ( unless it results in a goal vs United)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

After showing all the goals again and raving over Trossard's dribble for the penalty:

It's reasonable to expect that Leicester had substantial criticism, so we were never going to monopolize the analysis.

Not a whole lot of detailed analysis of us compared with previous weeks, but happy enough regardless. :smile:

And Deeney just sat there looking glum....

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Analysis like that is why they get paid the big bucks.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Analysis like that is why they get paid the big bucks.
:lolol:

As much as I enjoy hearing us praised, it would be nice at some point for them to dig a little further into why we're so good (clever recruitment, tactical flexibility etc) and what the season could potentially hold for us. I know it's just a highlights show but they're going to have to address it at some point the way we're going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports