Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD2, BBC One 22:30

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Carragher was awful yesterday. Even after we had taken control of the game he was still trying to make a point of us being open and stretched and looking a bit un organised. Did he not watch our system last year ? He seemed to have a narrative in his head how it would go and due to the first 10 mins became fixated on this viewpoint. He eventually gave up his narrative but must of been the last person to realise what was actually happening on the pitch.

More bollocks followed in 2nd half.

Awful punditry from him yesterday

The hilarious thing was that none of them had a clue about our tactics. What to them originally appeared to be chaos was, in fact, a system that Potter had thought up and implemented. Whilst they changed their view on our tactics later on in the first half, non of them could work it out and non gave the credit Potter deserved. He is miles ahead of the rest and appears to have a squad able to carry it out.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'll Eden a guess every once in a while theres a cumulative effect of decisions made in football that has Tony's Geek Squad wondering:-

'are you absolutely sure we are right?'

Then those decisions play out and there's much relief all round.

What is it about owning a football team that sends so many wealthy men (and nation states) batshit cra-cra?

Cucurella, Veltman, Moises. They couldn't have worked out any better as signings and we could all cite a few more. There is clearly genius at work. We must be due another duffer.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nobody suggested that. Myself and [MENTION=7271]Postman Pat[/MENTION] were questioning the accepted wisdom that United have a better set of players then we do. It's certainly not as cut and dried as Dion makes out. Our defence is better visually and statistically. Who'd rather we had Mctominay in the middle? It's only up front where we'd take their players and who was the best forward on the pitch yesterday? Welbeck.

At the moment United are trying to buy Rabiot. A player Juventus would offload for free and whose wage is crippling them. They want to pay 18 million quid. They haven't got a clue what constitutes a decent signing. One thing I know is that I'd love to know what Tony's model says about it.

I totally agree, and apologies if it seemed I don’t.

As I have said tongue in cheek earlier on today somewhere they must be better than us because they cost more. How much did Maguire cost? Lots! Would I/we swap him for Dunk, Webster or Veltman (£950,000!) - no way.

We are a (very) well run club. They are a shambles. Articles in the Mail and the Sunday Times over the last couple of days speak volumes about GP’s and the club’s attitude and way of working - we help each other. It’s synergy - the sum total of our team is greater than the sum of its individual parts. They work for each other and with each other. We don’t do d1ckheads. In recruitment I would guess rating whether someone will fit in is an important part. And GP wouldn’t want anybody who wouldn’t listen to him and that he couldn’t improve.

My first Brighton match was in 1967. I’ve never been happier as a fan than now.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What we need is some old footage of Montoya and Andone playing for us, so that we can check whether they wore numbers 21 & 22:

Just something chosen at random that featured the two of them....
Any old game where both Montoya and Andone played for us....
It doesn't have to be anything in particular, just some kind of evidence of the two of them playing for us....

How about, completely at random, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_bdDpySKq0

Montoya did wear 22, but Andone was number 10.*

* - (Yes, I did remember this and didn't actually need to look, but these things have to be done scientifically. I would suggest that you review the evidence one more time, just to be absolutely certain)

After MacAllister arrived he poached the number 10 jersey from Andone who then moved to 21 in September 2020

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'd tend to agree about their research. I noticed that a lot of previews ignored Mitoma and Undav, presumably because they were technically January signings returning from loans.

Despite the accepted ongoing narrative that 'Brighton just need a striker', few people noticed that we signed a striker who was fifth in goals & assists for all strikers in Europe's top ten leagues last season, behind only Mbappe, Lewandowski, Benzema and Salah: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sco...chtung=&spielerposition_id=&filter=0&yt0=Show

And we only brought him on for a few minutes - didn't even need him!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I totally agree, and apologies if it seemed I don’t.

As I have said tongue in cheek earlier on today somewhere they must be better than us because they cost more. How much did Maguire cost? Lots! Would I/we swap him for Dunk, Webster or Veltman (£950,000!) - no way.

We are a (very) well run club. They are a shambles. Articles in the Mail and the Sunday Times over the last couple of days speak volumes about GP’s and the club’s attitude and way of working - we help each other. It’s synergy - the sum total of our team is greater than the sum of its individual parts. They work for each other and with each other. We don’t do d1ckheads. In recruitment I would guess rating whether someone will fit in is an important part. And GP wouldn’t want anybody who wouldn’t listen to him and that he couldn’t improve.

My first Brighton match was in 1967. I’ve never been happier as a fan than now.

JCL :wink:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They're very very keen on Newcastle v Man City, obviously. Leeds up next, so another big club to focus on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They're very very keen on Newcastle v Man City, obviously. Leeds up next, so another big club to focus on.

To be fair, the Newcastle v cIty was a cracking game of football - there won't be many better this season. And Tuchel losing his rag is always going to be box office

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
To be fair, the Newcastle v cIty was a cracking game of football - there won't be many better this season. And Tuchel losing his rag is always going to be box office

Let's see how they cover our game. With only 3 games there's no reason to not give it some good coverage.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tuchel says they were tired after their plane flight. He seems to trot out this 'tired' excuse quite a lot.

He said their flight was cancelled so they had to go by coach.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Right here we go.... let's see what they say about how poor West Ham were.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chappers: "They were really good weren't they again, Brighton?"

Defoe's detailed analysis of Welbeck's movement was very complimentary from a fellow striker.

"There's so much more to his game than goals. He's an outlet, he works hard and he's a top, top player."

Happy with that.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Chappers: "They were really good weren't they again, Brighton?"

Defoe's detailed analysis of Welbeck's movement was very complimentary from a fellow striker.

"There's so much more to his game than goals. He's an outlet, he works hard and he's a top, top player."

Happy with that.

Just lacked the mention of a World Cup place

Edit to add: But we all know the Southgate won't pick a Brighton player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here