Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD2, BBC One 22:30

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Palace moaning about VAR yet we’re quite happy to take the points and even more appalling decisions they benefited from vs Newcastle and Villa - Parish even did a (barely readable) tweet that got shown in MOTD :facepalm:

The important difference between were and we're right there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What has Potter done to Sterling he’s really lacking confidence, it was highlights but he has basically turned Chelsea into us a season ago. Way to go GP :thumbsup:

Chelsea have had well documented attacking struggles all season. Potter's not going to change that overnight

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is everyone okay about tonight's offering ? I know how upset folk can get can get when they don't say enough nice things about us.

Excellent……. Fantastic……..marvellous.

Alan Shearer: “before I talk about Liverpool I want to mention how good Brighton were”.

We deserved more than that! :albion2::wink:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Is everyone okay about tonight's offering ? I know how upset folk can get can get when they don't say enough nice things about us.

I often defend the amount of media plaudits we get, and a lot of superlatives were used to describe us today. No actual analysis of why we were 'magnificent' etc though (was all about Liverpool not closing down/being tight enough) and pretty poor to not even mention Trossard's hattrick in the analysis - esp given how rare they are at Anfield by oppo players.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
what did souness say?

He basically said it was a risky appointment, who is unproven, never won anything and suggested it was also a lazy cheap appointment because he was unemployed at the time.

In a nutshell he did not have a clue who De Zerbi was, or frankly what he was on about himself.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He basically said it was a risky appointment, who is unproven, never won anything and suggested it was also a lazy cheap appointment because he was unemployed at the time.

In a nutshell he did not have a clue who De Zerbi was, or frankly what he was on about himself.

Souness is definitely cut from the same cloth as other pundits of his generation, like Lawrenson, who almost reveled in their ignorance. Tedious old boys club which is thankfully less prevalent. Not a big fan of Shearer, he was very much of that mould, but seemed to realise and improve. That, or was given a nudge.

Bit surprised by Wright's comment. Very unsubtle. Was nice. Not as good as the clip they showed of him celebrating against Palace though :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did enjoy the FFS Gallagher moment. I assume somebody did shout that out? Karma

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

:p

did he happen to suggest an alternative?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I have a man crush on De Zerbi

Me too ! Love his smile, it seems to spread across his whole face. Love a happy manager me! I don’t think he could get angry and I bet he sees the funny side in everything? I think Tony and Paul have done it again, just hope he carries on and outlasts the Potterman, and is at least as successful.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Chelsea have had well documented attacking struggles all season. Potter's not going to change that overnight

Give him a few years. 🙄

COmpletely agree about a happy manager . . . And I'd bet my last pennies he's got a dark sode if needed, he's Italian!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

He also suggested, when it was said that Bloom and Barber were impressed by De Zerbi's knowledge of our team, that he could easily have impressed them both by a quick bit of googling. Souness is clearly an idiot, there's no way top people like Bloom and Barber wouldn't see through that.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me too ! Love his smile, it seems to spread across his whole face. Love a happy manager me! I don’t think he could get angry and I bet he sees the funny side in everything? I think Tony and Paul have done it again, just hope he carries on and outlasts the Potterman, and is at least as successful.

I suggest he does VERY angry with lots of arm waving and pushing whilst kicking an imaginary football. He’s a Latin!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
[Tweet]1576310504360128512[/Tweet]

Happy, talented and a bit of a shit - If that's not flair then i don't know what is :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Also that we should have chosen an English manager …..when challenged on who he couldn’t name it Jim White suggested giving him more time to come up with a name and said they would go back to it….they never did

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

…also this is the interview with PB on TS….Souness two questions both asked in I’d say a slightly off way

https://youtu.be/bFGJxaGCVl8

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ian Wright seemed particularly irked with ‘radio pundits’ talking rubbish about our Roberto to the extent he had a real dig I thought. Was this aimed at Talkshite by any chance? Ian Wright and Alan continue to sing our praises as well they should.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Watching it this morning. Just seen the Saints/Everton game, and it sounded like the suthampton fans celebrated their goal like it was a consolation, despite it being the first goal in the game. It's like they knew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here