Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD tonight

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And we get the final goal in the closing montage with the hordes of Albion away fans celebrating.

No complaints here.

THIS

Marvellous Scenes

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Maybe I'm biased, but I thought the analysis from Chris Hughton was the best I've seen from any pundit for a long while.
His know-how was immediately apparent, from shutting down the service to Kane (result, Spurs had no shots on target, none), to closing down Spurs' passing options when we didn't have possession.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Chris Hughton coming across as a man who really knows his stuff. His analysis was spot on, and not the usual obvious bollox that some other analysers come out with.

Please can we have Chris and Wrighty every week.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Spot on from Chris, first commentator to point out what many of us have known for some time - it's not about the opposition being slow out of the blocks, sloppy passing, below parr performance. It's because our tactics make them look like that, swamping zones in a high press forces sloppy passing as players dither with a lack of an out ball.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Spot on from Chris, first commentator to point out what many of us have known for some time - it's not about the opposition being slow out of the blocks, sloppy passing, below parr performance. It's because our tactics make them look like that, swamping zones in a high press forces sloppy passing as players dither with a lack of an out ball.

I said earlier it was one of the best away performances in 45 years of watching.

Some spoke against referring to key matches, but that misses the point.

Albion took their resources and outsmarted a top European team with a very intelligent brand of football.

Spurs weren't under par, they were outwitted.

It's also the reason why we need to enjoy Potter while he lasts. If he was given a strong squad he could do stuff. And regardless of league position, I expect the phone will be ringing next season.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I said earlier it was one of the best away performances in 45 years of watching.

Some spoke against referring to key matches, but that misses the point.

Albion took their resources and outsmarted a top European team with a very intelligent brand of football.

Spurs weren't under par, they were outwitted.

It's also the reason why we need to enjoy Potter while he lasts. If he was given a strong squad he could do stuff. And regardless of league position, I expect the phone will be ringing next season.

Not until he can get the team to perform like that at home matches

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Definitely. Surprised there was no indication of a VAR review.

Surprised it didn't warrant more comment in the post-match analysis.

At the time, I didn't pay it any attention.
These things are so often exaggerated, but seeing it back on MOTD, wow!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Anyone else watching MOTD again this morning? :)

Couldn't help thinking Houghton is sounding very much like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417_081950.jpg
    Screenshot_20220417_081950.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 264

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unlike BT which I watched after I got home and they were 100% saying it was a sending off

That it was.
But I did say to Jnr, Cucu was doing everything he possibly could to get elbowed in the face, so he was. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here