Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD. Stoke Fans' "Largest Ever Arsene Wenger Impersonation".

So quote me where I said it then - and put the bottle down

This bit:

more the fact that he backed up the rantings of Wenger that Shawcross deliberately tried to hurt Ramsey.

I can't see how it's possible to back up Wenger's comments without actually saying that Shawcross did it deliberately. It might be best to stop digging.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Didn't know Naylor's lot had humour.

Dandyman

In London village.
Is there some law against booing Arsenal Players then or is it just Ramsey?

I'm pretty sure they were not booing the fact he broke his leg but more the fact that he backed up the rantings of Wenger that Shawcross deliberately tried to hurt Ramsey.

There aren't many players that go out to do harm to opponents and I'm sure Shawcross didn't, In fact I would say that Ramsey was more in the wrong on THAT tackle. Wenger started the claim to protect his darlings when they were having a bad run. I'm all for managers supporting their players but to try and damage another players character is pretty nasty in itself.

Sounds spot on to me. Wenger, with the aid of a compliant media, looks to present himself as Le Prof rising above all. The reality is that he more than capable of dishing out slurs and trying to intimidate officials.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
This bit:

I can't see how it's possible to back up Wenger's comments without actually saying that Shawcross did it deliberately. It might be best to stop digging.

Yes point taken what I should have said was that Ramsey didn't ever accept Shawcross's version presumably because he was told not to. If Shawcross had intended to hurt then Arsenal would have sued. Shawcross was close to getting an England call up and Wenger stuffed him up.

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Getting back to the original point it was an excellent piece of telly but, unusually, I had some sympathy for Arsenal. That ref decision was ridiculous and an example of the way the game is going. Any slight touch, the player falls over and its a free kick. And that after Arsenal had been refused a penalty for a similar 'push'.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Wow some people seem to hate Arsenal on this thread.
Simply the Stoke fans are twats, just like the Chelsea one's who booed Ferdinand(s)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is there some law against booing Arsenal Players then or is it just Ramsey?

I'm pretty sure they were not booing the fact he broke his leg but more the fact that he backed up the rantings of Wenger that Shawcross deliberately tried to hurt Ramsey.

There aren't many players that go out to do harm to opponents and I'm sure Shawcross didn't, In fact I would say that Ramsey was more in the wrong on THAT tackle. Wenger started the claim to protect his darlings when they were having a bad run. I'm all for managers supporting their players but to try and damage another players character is pretty nasty in itself.

Anyone else think the phrase "he's not that sort of player" is marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
To be fair the stoke fans are c unts! Booing Ramsey because shawcross broke Ramseys leg? Oh yea that was really Ramseys fault. Yeaa he dived didn't he stoke fans! Disgraceful behaviour!

This just isn't true and I should know being from Stoke ... so don't let your 'facts' get in the way of a bit of 'history' between the two sides. The booing issue with Arse and Ramsey is they/ he never accepted Shawcross's apology that it was an accident and Arsene continued the war of words that Stoke play rugby and deliberately foul and try to injure opponents. The contact with Whitehead was minimal and yet is deemed a foul because managers like Wenger don't want players tackled - Wenger also didn't comment that Arse 'angelic' fans were booing Shawcross all game but he should 'man up' and not be such a hypocrite !

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Stoke fans should rise above it and should of cheered shawcross to counter the arsenal boos.

They really are a disgusting bunch of people! I can't wait for them to be relegated.. And as for their pikey manager...

errrrrrrrrrrr that means this "disgusting bunch of people" will be spending 90 minutes polluting the air at falmer!!!!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
This just isn't true and I should know being from Stoke ... so don't let your 'facts' get in the way of a bit of 'history' between the two sides. The booing issue with Arse and Ramsey is they/ he never accepted Shawcross's apology that it was an accident and Arsene continued the war of words that Stoke play rugby and deliberately foul and try to injure opponents. The contact with Whitehead was minimal and yet is deemed a foul because managers like Wenger don't want players tackled - Wenger also didn't comment that Arse 'angelic' fans were booing Shawcross all game but he should 'man up' and not be such a hypocrite !

I would say booing a player who broke your player's legs is pretty standard.
Booing someone for (at the very worst) not publicly saying "thank you for your apology for breaking my leg" is twattish.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Booing someone for (at the very worst) not publicly saying "thank you for your apology for breaking my leg" is twattish.

If you know the facts of the story it wasn't (at the very worst) but you're entitled to your opinion... and the Stoke fans boo'd Ramsey as a response to the Arse scums 'chant' to Shawcross first according to a friend who was at the match.

D

Deleted member 18477

This! And this again. My point from the beginning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here