Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Most wonderful pub outside Sussex, and why?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to like the wooden shed at the bottom of Eu Rouge, Spa. Hoegaarden/Stella @ 1 euro A Glass, frites mayo and those do-nut stick things. For a euro a pop too.

all gone now.

There's a little side street Bar in PLoiesti we used to frequent, Birra Bruna ( 10 000 Lei = 40p) and we could watch any football we could find on the TV.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Probably acceptable to mention one of mine here in Bristol. We opened it in November. Had been closed since COVID. Has one of the most complete, oldest and beautiful back bars in the country and a number of historical features that very few pubs still have...The Kings Head.

Attachments

• the_kings_head_interior.jpg
    the_kings_head_interior.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 0_LS_BL_kingshead_24-11-22_04.jpg
    0_LS_BL_kingshead_24-11-22_04.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Kings-Head-INside-11.jpg
    Kings-Head-INside-11.jpg
    1,004 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3323.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 40

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Probably acceptable to mention one of mine here in Bristol. We opened it in November. Had been closed since COVID. Has one of the most complete, oldest and beautiful back bars in the country and a number of historical features that very few pubs still have...The Kings Head.
Looks brilliant. Well done.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Having been in this pub, I can confirm it is very nice.
Unfortunately, as I was on a bar crawl on the way to a gig at the time, I am unable to provide any other details.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Bell Inn in St Olaves, Norfolk, right next to the Broads

50049521796_21988d66ba_h.jpg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Duke of wellington near Sloane Square . Go there quite a lot . Has a nice vibe and very convenient location for me when I’m in London .

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

The Bell, Bath. A Community-based pub, run as a co-operative, with staff and its regular customers owning shares and deciding, via online ballot of all shareholders, how profits should be spent - reinvested, or donated to local charities? Also arranges annual local fund-raising festivals and family events.

Free live music 4 nights per week and Sunday lunchtime (folk, blues, reggae, new world/new age), and a really friendly 'arty' or bohemian crowd of all ages, rather like my favourite Brighton pub, The Basketmakers.

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Old Spot Inn in Dursley Gloucester. Discovered this when my brother moved to Dusley. Great pub and very popular with hikers doing the Cotswold Way

1690992825811.png

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Dorking brewery near Capel which is near Dorking. Beer is good and reasonable price, catering is first rate and people friendly, set on a farm and gives tours.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Bradley's Spanish bar near Tottenham Court Road. London

Old fountain old street. London

Holly Bush Hampstead. London

Square and compass. Worth Matravers