Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Shameful Display Since Stoke At Home Under McGhee

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Dean White is so much of a laughing stock I can't even justify his ineptitude in words. Why we pay this slob of a man to be our "assistant manager" I don't know. He should stick to f***ing up tv sales instead.

What the f*** do you know about the inner workings of the club to justify this kind of vindictive rubbish? You're an absolute tool.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No way near as bad, Stoke we were an embarrasement and got stuffed, here we got ourselves back into the game and had a chance f equalising a couple of times,

Stoke we just laid down and died, this we were maybe at least trying but nothing came off

For me, the Stoke City performance was the culmination of a miserable nothing season beset by squad difficulties, personailty difficulties, a certain level of indifference and a team with little heart or soul led by a manager that appeared to have given up. Of course, I say this with hindsight. At the time, I still believed McGhee could turn things around.

Yesterday was the one of the worst home performances since that game (Blackpool and Yeovil spring to mind), but the general underlying mood at the club is more positive. I feel that, yesterday aside, we are, in the main, in the ascendency, and have reasonably high hopes for next season.

I would back us to be nothing like as bad on Tuesday.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Mansfield was worse.At least the game yesterday was entertaining, and we created a bunch of chances. I had a perfect view of Murray's "equaliser" from high up in C block and it looked perfectly ok. The player who worried me yesterday was Thomson. He does look very ordinary.
Why do so many people over-react to a defeat?"If you can meet with triumph and disaster...(Complete the quote). "
PG

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Whats Dean White done to upset everyone so much? I don't understand.

A scapegoat, seemingly.

We have made good strides on last season and clearly that is not partly down to him :rolleyes:

He seems to work tirelessly. Not only does he coach, but he seems to be off most evenings scouting for players and rushing up and down the country. Perhaps he needs to dress up as Freddie Mercury to gain acceptance.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dean White may or may not be good but he seems to be very enthusiastic and tries his level best from what I can see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear to the outsiders, of which most of us are, that Dean White has very llttle knowledge of the pro game as does Ian Chapman in a coaching capacity so when the going gets tough people who tend to stick by Dean Wilkins look for another reason as to the poor display. I am as guilty as the next man but usually it is White and Chapman who get the blame because they dont APPEAR to be giving Wilkins any assistance.

It is interesteing to note that brightonbear has not been on line since yesterday to defend any of the players or staff and perhaps put us right.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It would appear to the outsiders, of which most of us are, that Dean White has very llttle knowledge of the pro game as does Ian Chapman in a coaching capacity so when the going gets tough people who tend to stick by Dean Wilkins look for another reason as to the poor display. I am as guilty as the next man but usually it is White and Chapman who get the blame because they dont APPEAR to be giving Wilkins any assistance.

It is interesteing to note that brightonbear has not been on line since yesterday to defend any of the players or staff and perhaps put us right.

Yes, it is interesting - and totally irrelevant.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not totally irrelevant because he comes on here when praise is being dished out eg Forest and Leeds and is better placed to put us right as to what Dean White does than any body else who posts on here, you included.

Is that brightonbear's job? To justify Dean White's role? Righty-ho.

You're quite right about me not knowing exactly what Dean White does on a day-to-day basis, but then I'm not going down that ludicrious road some have decided to take of 'because I don't know what he does, I reckon the club should therefore sack him', nor am I making any judgements about what he does and how he does it.

I would like to know what he does, so personally, I'd Ask The Club myself one day. I did do that once regarding Bob Booker's role, so I'd imagine his role is quite similar.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Dean White is so much of a laughing stock I can't even justify his ineptitude in words. Why we pay this slob of a man to be our "assistant manager" I don't know. He should stick to f***ing up tv sales instead.

After some time of giving you the benefit of the doubt I can only now conclude that your really are an unpleasant person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here