Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most scared you've ever been

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He's the most amazing little boy. Now five and a bit, at school and blossoming every day. Confident, bright and a Pythonesque sense of humour, he makes us laugh every day. That's not to say he doesn't have tantrums - he can be as obnoxious as the next, but so far, fingers crossed, shows no signs of trauma from his rocky start or from losing his identical twin. We are so very lucky.

You know, that's so good to hear - after sitting in tears after reading your earlier, heart wrenching post. Your strength & positivity (& no doubt your partner's too) should be an inspiration to us all. Thank you.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He's the most amazing little boy. Now five and a bit, at school and blossoming every day. Confident, bright and a Pythonesque sense of humour, he makes us laugh every day. That's not to say he doesn't have tantrums - he can be as obnoxious as the next, but so far, fingers crossed, shows no signs of trauma from his rocky start or from losing his identical twin. We are so very lucky.

Truly heart-warming! Forgive the potentially blunt question, but does he know that he lost his identical twin?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
When i was told i could die before i had an operation on my brain and my fractured skull after being attacked in Beckenham by
six bloke on the piss all day on my way back from College !!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Truly heart-warming! Forgive the potentially blunt question, but does he know that he lost his identical twin?

No worries...he knows he lost his brother, but he's only five and never knew him, so he doesn't really comprehend, not in the same way as when his grandad died a while ago.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Heartbreaking story Igzilla, can't imagine what that must feel like.Your little lad sounds like a great little boy though-has he been to the Amex for a game yet ?

Not yet. He's not really into football yet, despite all my efforts. Every time the Albion is on the telly, he thinks it's France playing :facepalm:

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Not yet. He's not really into football yet, despite all my efforts. Every time the Albion is on the telly, he thinks it's France playing :facepalm:

Just get him to say "Allez les mouettes!" and you're halfway there :thumbsup:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It will live with me forever. The cold fingers of fear that gripped my heart when the doctors said the words the OP heard. I heard those just over five years ago. We had twin boys, born at 28 weeks - premature, certainly, but in addition they had Inter Uterine Growth Restriction (IUGR), so when they were born, my little one was 14oz, my big boy was 1lb 15oz.

11 weeks later, having had my bigger boy home for two weeks, the doctors ran out of options with my little boy. He had got sick when two weeks old and they had worked bloody miracles to keep him alive, and I always had hope. Until then. Until that call. That was the hardest, longest, most painful day ever, holding him in my arms.

If you ever need a charity to support, please think of Bliss, the charity for babies born too soon.

I had some story about losing my son briefly one day but I don't think anything could top that for just feeling like your heart has been pulled out of your chest. All the best to you and your family, good to read in subsequent posts that the little one seems to be hale and hearty :)

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
14 years old - came home from school, went straight upstairs & fell asleep (Mum & Dad were still at work). Heard a knock at the door that woke me up but couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to answer it. Next thing I heard was the downstairs bathroom window being forced open & 2 blokes ransacking the house while I was upstairs with my dads golf club for company! They left but I couldn't bring myself to go downstairs - ended up climbing out the bedroom window & calling the old bill from my mates house over the road. After all that, the old bill came to the conclusion that I broke into my own house as I forgot my keys?! & made up the story so I wouldn't get in trouble?!?! How does that work exactly!!

Pails into insignificance compared to other stories on here - makes me feel incredibly lucky.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It will live with me forever. The cold fingers of fear that gripped my heart when the doctors said the words the OP heard. I heard those just over five years ago. We had twin boys, born at 28 weeks - premature, certainly, but in addition they had Inter Uterine Growth Restriction (IUGR), so when they were born, my little one was 14oz, my big boy was 1lb 15oz.

11 weeks later, having had my bigger boy home for two weeks, the doctors ran out of options with my little boy. He had got sick when two weeks old and they had worked bloody miracles to keep him alive, and I always had hope. Until then. Until that call. That was the hardest, longest, most painful day ever, holding him in my arms.

If you ever need a charity to support, please think of Bliss, the charity for babies born too soon.

Sorry. Puts everything else in perspective.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Compared to some on here, mine is a bit sh*t !!

Was jumped by a group of 4 a couple of years ago, was pitch black so i couldnt see if they had any weapons or anything either.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
I was stoned, & scared to take the bus home because everyone would KNOW how out of it I was.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Being robbed at knifepoint by three black men outside London Euston station in 2004. At first they claimed they were lost and got me to walk into a cul-de-sac where one of them pulled out a blade and told me to hand over my money. I only had about a fiver in cash on me. There and then I thought I was going to get stabbed and possibly killed. My heart just sank into my stomach. They were obviously high on crack or some other drug. I just said "I'm really sorry. That's all I've got on me." and gave them my cigarettes also to make the situation better before running and finding a busy road. It was about 2am after Easter Monday.

Being on medication for schizophrenia changed my life completely for the better in the last year. Thank God for quetiapine. Some days before I was terrified of my delusions and paranoia, people following me, hearing things that freaked me out. Sometimes I would avoid busy places and think that I was living in a prison in my head but I never got violent. The stigma that goes with it can be difficult; learning to trust people can be a problem and easily influenced by them when they want something like borrowing money. There's people a lot worse off than me and I lead a normal life like a normal person.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
When I did a stint in a foreign prison (wrongly identified I might add and later released ) I was only 17 at the time there's nothing worse than sitting in a jail being wrongly accused of something there was no trial just thrown in jail guilty until proven innocent ,I was attacked by the inmates so yeah that was pretty scary

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
When I did a stint in a foreign prison (wrongly identified I might add and later released ) I was only 17 at the time there's nothing worse than sitting in a jail being wrongly accused of something there was no trial just thrown in jail guilty until proven innocent ,I was attacked by the inmates so yeah that was pretty scary

where was you in prison?

SeagullSongs

Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Just a stab in the dark, but were you wrongly accused of smuggling drugs?

Dec 29, 2011

What country?

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
The youngest of my twins, Ben, suffered from Pyloric Stenosis at six weeks.

He was rushed to Southampton General (we were living in Basingstoke at the time), after throwing up continuously for 48 hours. The perseverance of our GP made the hospital finally realise that there was a real problem, otherwise we might just have been another statistic.

5 days in hospital makes you understand the true meaning of mortality, especially when you see how hard the doctors and nurses work to save lives. Happily they were able to trim enough of his stomach muscle to enable it to open and close on its own and he made a full recovery.

Now, at 7 years old, he's a fully fledged Seagulls fan. We call him Billy Whizz, because he's never still, but it took this thread to make me realise how close we really were to losing him.

Pretty scary.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Just a stab in the dark, but were you wrongly accused of smuggling drugs?

no drugs , it was in Majorca magaluf a massive fight broke out between some English lads and the local taxi drivers , sadly while one of the Taxi drivers was whacking an English lad with a baseball bat he had a heart attack on the spot and died ,two of the lads I was out with that night were arrested at the scene of the crime in the mass brawl and that was it for me and just carried on with my evening obviously in a sombre mood .
I woke up the following morning to a knock at my hotel door to my horror the police were standing there with handcuffs at the ready it turned out they thought they would arrest everyone who were staying in the same room as the two other lads who had been arrested , after 3 weeks inside and front page of The Sun Daily Mirror And The Argus we were then released with no charges ,I wasn't even identified in an identity parade by the other cab drivers and that was after the first week of being locked up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here