Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most scared you've ever been

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Respect to all of you who have had "proper" fears and had run ins with disease and despair.

Landing in Kathmandu at 21:30, pitch dark and pissing down with rain. All the plane lights do is illuminate the clouds all around. You know the ground is down there somewhere but that only a very small strip of it is flat. Most of it is just mountain. All the various banks and turns let you know you must be very close indeed to the landing strip but you only break cloud cover when you could reasonably wave at the ground crew.

And then when you land there's a curfew and some men with guns tell you to get a move on.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Incredible stories on this thread and makes you realize just how lucky some of us are. I can't say I've ever had a real buttock clenching moment but as a father my biggest fear relates to many of the stories that have been posted concerning other posters children, some with happy endings, and others not. The mere thought of being told that something has happened to your child or that they have a terminal illness fills me with dread.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Walking home from school on a windy day when I was 11, I sat down on a wall to take a 5 minute breather (it was a long walk) All of a sudden I hear a loud "craaack" and I turned around and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Then another loud "crack" and I see a 60 foot tree coming down towards me. The next few seconds were a bit of a blur, but I remember running for my life, straight out towards a busy road. I felt a blow on my head and blacked out. The next thing I know some guy's fighting his way through the branches to rescue me. I was concussed and obviously shaken up pretty badly, so I never really got a chance to thank the guy who rescued me and took me home. I was very lucky to avoid the trunk, which would have flattened me for sure. I think that must be the most scared I've ever been, the sight of that tree coming down on me will stay with me forever.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Yes that's me it's not terminal just incurable i think theres a difference :lolol:. The cancer does'nt scare me but the thought of having to leave my partner and kids one day does. Hopefully that will be a while yet so don't think about it too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that's me it's not terminal just incurable i think theres a difference :lolol:. The cancer does'nt scare me but the thought of having to leave my partner and kids one day does. Hopefully that will be a while yet so don't think about it too much.

Although I have not responded to your thread much, I have followed it. You have obviously travelled down a hard road. There are quite a few stories of people who spontaniously remiss without the medical profession understanding why, I really hope you are one of them. Best of luck to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here