Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most hated club?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I hate Palace but that's because it's in the blood. I'm a Sussex lad. We're genetically programmed to hate the scum. Their fans are another matter. I know a fair few Palace fans and apart from the fact that they're unlucky enough or stupid enough to be Palace fans, they're okay. Shit - it must be doubly hard supporting a shit side in london. At least down here there's no-one near for the plastic spastics to support.

But Man Utd. ....Man Utd.

No - it's not jealousy, if it was I'd just support those c unts, put on one of their tops and give it the Billy Big Bollocks down the pub. I hate them for being the first franchise. For paving the way for the state of modern football. That sweaty c unt Taggart moaning about too many games but then playing friendlies in their Far East heartland. For players being too injured to okay for their country yet always somehow play for their club. Yes, That's you Giggs, you ****.

For their manager. What a ****. A complete ****. Piss on him if he was on fire? Hd happily watch that strawberry nosed **** burn. Shit, I'd chuck on the lighter fluid. You arrogant prick.

Their club...too f***ing busy for the FA Cup? Don't give me that bollocks about being asked to play in the club world cup - do a Wenger and send kids out, but oh no. You had to request not to play. Utter cu nts.

Their fans - well, where do I start? Has anyone met a nice Man u fan? Utter pub bores. But you know what? I wouldn't swap any of their premiership wins for that feeling I had after the Oldham game the other week. I saw MY side, my crap 3rd division side, score with the last kick-off the game to go top of the league. And I was surrounded by friends (real football going friends) and my two children too. You cannot buy that feeling I had that day because it's not for sale and you can't recreate it watching footie in a pub.

The commentators - go f***ing do one. Just f***ing do one. Just because I'm English does NOT make me support all teams English. I don't care about Man U's progress in the Champion's League. Can you not understand that? Stop this wankfest. Really, just stop it.

My hatred for Man U is as deep as my love for the Albion because what they both represent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If (God, I wish) Man U ever went out of existence - I'd probably be the happiest man alive.

If Carlsberg wrote posts............. :bowdown:

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
4 pages and only one mention of the tax dodging , substance abusing , sibling shagging scum from the wrong end of the A27? What is wrong with everyone? I don't agree with everything Redneb posts but on this occasion he is the voice of reason.

Portsmouth way in front of anyone else for the reasons above
Palace because - well just because
Chelsea

Other than that there are just 88 clubs I really don't care about.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
4 pages and only one mention of the tax dodging , substance abusing , sibling shagging scum from the wrong end of the A27? What is wrong with everyone? I don't agree with everything Redneb posts but on this occasion he is the voice of reason.

Portsmouth way in front of anyone else for the reasons above
Palace because - well just because
Chelsea

Other than that there are just 88 clubs I really don't care about.
Yes, this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I hate Palace but that's because it's in the blood. I'm a Sussex lad. We're genetically programmed to hate the scum. Their fans are another matter. I know a fair few Palace fans and apart from the fact that they're unlucky enough or stupid enough to be Palace fans, they're okay. Shit - it must be doubly hard supporting a shit side in london. At least down here there's no-one near for the plastic spastics to support.

No - it's not jealousy, if it was I'd just support those c unts, put on one of their tops and give it the Billy Big Bollocks down the pub. I hate them for being the first franchise. For paving the way for the state of modern football. That sweaty c unt Taggart moaning about too many games but then playing friendlies in their Far East heartland. For players being too injured to okay for their country yet always somehow play for their club. Yes, That's you Giggs, you ****.

For their manager. What a ****. A complete ****. Piss on him if he was on fire? Hd happily watch that strawberry nosed **** burn. Shit, I'd chuck on the lighter fluid. You arrogant prick.

Their club...too f***ing busy for the FA Cup? Don't give me that bollocks about being asked to play in the club world cup - do a Wenger and send kids out, but oh no. You had to request not to play. Utter cu nts.

Their fans - well, where do I start? Has anyone met a nice Man u fan? Utter pub bores. But you know what? I wouldn't swap any of their premiership wins for that feeling I had after the Oldham game the other week. I saw MY side, my crap 3rd division side, score with the last kick-off the game to go top of the league. And I was surrounded by friends (real football going friends) and my two children too. You cannot buy that feeling I had that day because it's not for sale and you can't recreate it watching footie in a pub.

The commentators - go f***ing do one. Just f***ing do one. Just because I'm English does NOT make me support all teams English. I don't care about Man U's progress in the Champion's League. Can you not understand that? Stop this wankfest. Really, just stop it.

My hatred for Man U is as deep as my love for the Albion because what they both represent.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If (God, I wish) Man U ever went out of existence - I'd probably be the happiest man alive.

I'm going to play devils advocate here and go to ManUre's defence (a little). While I agree with much of your rant, some I disagree with. I have a lot of respect for the 'real' ManUre fans, who in their own disgust at the way their club has been doing things set up their own team. Effectively 2 divisions below Crawley Town, FC Utd enjoy 3 times the average gate (some games in excess of Albion's gates, in the Unibond Northern Premier Division!!). That to me is not a set of 'pub fans' but passionate people who believe the essence of their club has been lost (which is therefore in agreement with some of your post). They still consider themselves Utd fans, sing Utd songs, but cannot stand what has happened to their club.

As for friendlies to the far east etc. well, if Brighton get invited, they'll be on the first plane, that's business, that's the way all our professional clubs operate. The Amex is a great new home for the fans, but it is also a money making machine, it has to be to keep up.

I hate Real Madrid. I hate the fact they are supported by their government. That the government bailed out their debt by buying their training ground then peppercorn renting it back. I hate the fact Real secure all their own TV money while none is distributed to the other teams. I hate the fact they consider their 'Galactico' policy a good thing, and can just poach whoever they like. They are as guilty as anyone of perpetuating the greed that surrounds top flight football.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the cruise this year we were sat at at a table with a very nice couple from Chester.

He made his pile and took early retirement. One afternoon him and his wife were looking at each other and said...what are we now going to do? They decided to go to a football match, having bever been before in their lives. They went to Chester, didn't like it, so she suggested they try a big club. They managed to get a ticket to Manchester United, absolutely loved it and managed to buy season tickets ( I got the impression they were not short of a bob or two) and sit 5 rows behind the directors box.

They go to every game , home and away including all the European games and the friendlies around the world.

Assuming they are now hooked on the club...would you lot suggest they are plastic fans?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm going to play devils advocate here and go to ManUre's defence (a little). While I agree with much of your rant, some I disagree with. I have a lot of respect for the 'real' ManUre fans, who in their own disgust at the way their club has been doing things set up their own team. Effectively 2 divisions below Crawley Town, FC Utd enjoy 3 times the average gate (some games in excess of Albion's gates, in the Unibond Northern Premier Division!!). That to me is not a set of 'pub fans' but passionate people who believe the essence of their club has been lost (which is therefore in agreement with some of your post). They still consider themselves Utd fans, sing Utd songs, but cannot stand what has happened to their club.

An excellent response to a quality rant in the first place, but it's not these fans I have a problem with, nor anybody else has a problem with I suspect. I have more in common with them than any of the plastics who 'support' any of the big boys from the pub or the armchair. These fans are, in fact, seeing in their club the abhorrent excesses, abdication of a footballing soul and all the other things levelled at them, as we are. So your devil's advocate argument does not necessarily disagree with Mohammed Buzzer's original rant. So, other than the genetic predisposition to hate Palace, it's Utd for me.

I just can't find it in me to hate Chelsea - they're Utd's twin brother in a different shirt, and the Utd fans who hate them so must realise that they'd as well hate their own reflection. They wind Utd fans up and stop them winning trophies, and that's good enough for me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
On the cruise this year we were sat at at a table with a very nice couple from Chester.

He made his pile and took early retirement. One afternoon him and his wife were looking at each other and said...what are we now going to do? They decided to go to a football match, having bever been before in their lives. They went to Chester, didn't like it, so she suggested they try a big club. They managed to get a ticket to Manchester United, absolutely loved it and managed to buy season tickets ( I got the impression they were not short of a bob or two) and sit 5 rows behind the directors box.

They go to every game , home and away including all the European games and the friendlies around the world.

Assuming they are now hooked on the club...would you lot suggest they are plastic fans?

I think that you cannot lump these huge clubs into one pot. Of course, ManUtd have huge numbers of replica shirt wearing twat's who are the most devoted fans never to have been to their own clubs home stadium.

The flip side of the coin is that with 40,000 season ticket holders, even taking that number as only 50% who are local, still have more local season ticket holders than any other club. Not to mention the other 36,000 who are at the stadium, even if 50% of the entire stadium where from outside Manchester (and I doubt that), that's still 38,000 in the ground who are local supporters (not that being local is essential given our recent poll of how many Albion fans don't live anywhere near the city!).

To be honest, if Albion do have a great deal of success, you can be sure our own 'twat factor' will rise proportionally with that success! :laugh:

HackneyMan

Sep 21, 2010
Chelsea-Obviously as they have all the money I wish my team had.

Man Utd clearly. I've always admired defensive boring teams who are single-minded enough to not have any concern for Home Fans when they are playing away and try to kill the game at 0/0 to hold onto the point they started with and sod the "entertainment". Bloody ManUtd have always played attacking Football Home AND Away ever since I watched them in the early 1960's on TV.
Besterds worrying about "entertaining"the crowds!

Leeds because they are Northern and had a few mischievious urchins like Bremner/Giles/Hunter/Charlton in their famous side.

Arsenal as I have never forgiven them for introducing "4-4-2" to English Club Football and winnibg The Double in 1971 so everyone else abandoned 4=2-4 and 4-3-3.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

No. They're merely guilty of getting hooked on good football as opposed to local football. I wouldn't say there was no shame in that, because as far as I'm concerned, there is. But that doesn't make them plastic fans.

Plastics are the type who mock you for supporting your local club, especially when they're not very good, and laughably consider themselves "passionate" because they watch their team in the pub or on Sky at home. And most of them will tell you they're proper fans because they've been to Old Trafford/Anfield/Stamford Bridge about six times ever. They'll also tell you they're not plastic fans because they started supporting them either when they were very very young or in the case of plastic Man Utd fans, the team they follow weren't very good when they started following them, by which they mean they won a few league and FA cups as opposed to the league/Europe but were on telly all the f***ing time because they were nevertheless a big club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No. They're merely guilty of getting hooked on good football as opposed to local football. I wouldn't say there was no shame in that, because as far as I'm concerned, there is. But that doesn't make them plastic fans.

I don't get this "support your local club" stuff. You support a club due to all sorts of reasons, Yes I support Brighton because we moved here ( and remembering threads on here, that applies to a lot of people on here) and if we would have moved to Manchester, then I would have chosen, United or City. ( We actually were very close to moving to Derby as my Dad was offered a job at teh Rolls Royce Factory there so I could have been a Derby fan)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Leeds....
Although Chelsea fans are the biggest wankers. They claim to be the biggest club in London. Twenty years ago their home gates on average were about 13-17 thousand. I know the stadia wern't what they are now but Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpools attendances never fell that low, even in the dark hooligan years. Chelsea, third biggest club in London, maybe even fourth, with plastic fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't get this "support your local club" stuff. You support a club due to all sorts of reasons, Yes I support Brighton because we moved here ( and remembering threads on here, that applies to a lot of people on here) and if we would have moved to Manchester, then I would have chosen, United or City. ( We actually were very close to moving to Derby as my Dad was offered a job at teh Rolls Royce Factory there so I could have been a Derby fan)
So you don't get "support your local club" but then talked about how you support Brighton because they are your local club, and would have chosen a Manc club or Derby if you'd moved to one of those places instead? ???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So you don't get "support your local club" but then talked about how you support Brighton because they are your local club, and would have chosen a Manc club or Derby if you'd moved to one of those places instead? ???

sorry I didn't make myself clear.....People are demonised for supporting teams in London when they come from Brighton.....our neighbours are Brighton born and bred but go up to Chelsea every week. That was what I was getting at..I am a bad example

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
sorry I didn't make myself clear.....People are demonised for supporting teams in London when they come from Brighton.....our neighbours are Brighton born and bred but go up to Chelsea every week. That was what I was getting at..I am a bad example
Too right they are - Brighton is the nearest club. Of course there are people who can justify supporting a London club, and I'm sure some of them will have good reason. However, according to my own definition of a plastic fan (above), many of those London fans in Brighton will be plastics but not all of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have some mates, in Southampton territory, three brothers I play football with. 21 year old 'supports' Chelsea. His 19 year old twin brothers 'support' Liverpool and Man United, respectively.

I simply don't get it, and have discussed it with them many times. They don't see any issue, because they themselves simply don't get it. To them picking teams really was just a matter of choice. And the weird thing is, from their perspective of pub / armchair 'supporters', they are right - who they choose to follow really DOESN'T matter, as the level of 'support' they generate has zero* impact anyway.

*Beyond shirt sales. Of course all three of them have far, far more replica shirts than I've ever had Albion ones. I suppose if your only way of demonstrating your 'support' of the club is to wear a shirt, you really HAVE to get one.

Amusingly, though, those shirt sales have probably contributed far more money to Newcastle United, through Mike Ashley's shops, than they ever have their own chosen clubs.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

:bowdown::laugh:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

David

With the best will in the world you may support your club for a variety of reason but to me the only credible reason is that from the time that you could form a rational decision it was the club that was local to you.

I respect that your past has seen you move around and that you retain a strong affection for Town having plumped to grow roots in Mile Oak you have thrown your lot into the albion hat. Perhaps because of this the cutting point of this debate does not embrace you.

It s free world to make free choices but I think in the eyes of many individuals who are Brighton/palace/Charlton et al 'till they die' any free choosing person who selects a glamour team has precious little credibility. To go on it is very, very difficult to hold a legitaimate footie discussion with some fat twat who supports Chelsea or United etc because they are good and thus feels he has the footballing high ground to sneer done his oily nose at you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here