More season tickets may be available next week

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

17,500 tickets sold including 1901

200 people currently on waiting list

Ken Brown ' We are at the top end of our expectations and we are very happy. There is a huge demand for tickets. We have started a waiting list, that may change, we might release some more. At least 5% of tickets will be available on a match by match basis. People will be able to come and see us but they will have to be smarter and quicker.'

The club is waiting to see how the season progresses before deciding whether to apply for planning permission to add capacity in the corners of the ground.

Martin Perry ' If all went well, we might be looking at doing something next close season. We would probably put in a planning application for the lot, taking us up to about 30,000, but then phase that in gradually. It all depends on demand.'

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Depending on the crowds showing-up and and team results in 2011/12,
the move to an amazing 30,000 will be sooner than expected.

Will be great if this occurs.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Yeah fack off Glenn + expect hell if you go to Palace

Stay here and we'll like you

:facepalm:

Back on thread, it's all tremendously exciting I just hope the support is sustainable. I think we'll have a succesful season and every game will sell out in home areas, I hope that the club exercises some caution when increasing capacity the last thing we want is in 5-10 years time a 30,000 capacity stadium with average attendances of only half of that.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
crodo is right. The keyword is sustainability, if the club continues to be run in a prudent manner, the sky is the limit.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
:facepalm:

Back on thread, it's all tremendously exciting I just hope the support is sustainable. I think we'll have a succesful season and every game will sell out in home areas, I hope that the club exercises some caution when increasing capacity the last thing we want is in 5-10 years time a 30,000 capacity stadium with average attendances of only half of that.

The way I understood the statement was that they may get permission to develop corners and east now, but won't rush straight in.Maybe fill in the corners first, if that works and sells out then maybe look to do the east upper even further down the line?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The way I understood the statement was that they may get permission to develop corners and east now, but won't rush straight in.Maybe fill in the corners first, if that works and sells out then maybe look to do the east upper even further down the line?

That is how I read it too - it seems like a very sensible approach to me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is great news after yesterdays news that most clubs including Man U and Arsenal have seen a reduction in season ticket sales. I wonder what exactly is the upper limit that could be achieved if needed. Has the design the facilities for adding another tier for example. But lets not run before we can walk which I am sure the powers that be at the club will ensure.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
That is great news after yesterdays news that most clubs including Man U and Arsenal have seen a reduction in season ticket sales. I wonder what exactly is the upper limit that could be achieved if needed. Has the design the facilities for adding another tier for example. But lets not run before we can walk which I am sure the powers that be at the club will ensure.

I asked this sometime ago I shall try and dig up the post

D

Deleted User X18H

Will additional planning permission be required to extend the capacity by filling in the corners? Or ws that determined and accepted in the original process.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will additional planning permission be required to extend the capacity by filling in the corners? Or ws that determined and accepted in the original process.

Additional planning permission WILL be required. We currently only have permission for 22,500.

I guess the main factor will be the transport infrastructure and how it pans out getting capacity crowds to and from the stadium under the current capacity.

no we need to go through the process again,although it was always gonna be in the long term plan! expect the north corners to be first less value in the away end because some areas will be used for segregation:hilton::smokin::hilton:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
With our catchment area, you'd think we'd be able to get 25k+ consistently in the top of the Championship/Premiership, but we'd probably need 30k-35k to have a chance of staying up (assuming that we spend within out means)

D

Deleted User X18H

no we need to go through the process again,although it was always gonna be in the long term plan! expect the north corners to be first less value in the away end because some areas will be used for segregation:hilton::smokin::hilton:

Well thats that then. Can you imagine the current adminstration allowing 8000 more carbon foot prints and extended transport requirements.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
East Upper should be done before the corners to stop the ground looking so 'one-sided.' With a two-tiered East the Amex will look a bit more sensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here