Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Prescott stories tomorrow

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Times are reporting that the Sunday Mail have paid an astonishing £250,000 for the story.

That's a huge amount for a simple kiss and tell, the implication being that Prescott will be further embarressed by his candid opinions of other MPs.

Of course the paper will also reveal how he took her roughly over his ministerial desk.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
clapham_gull said:
The Times are reporting that the Sunday Mail have paid an astonishing £250,000 for the story.

That's a huge amount for a simple kiss and tell, the implication being that Prescott will be further embarressed by his candid opinions of other MPs.

Of course the paper will also reveal how he took her roughly over his ministerial desk.

He's not exactly been uncandid about his opinions about his comrades in the past though; has he? I seem to remember him taking the piss out of Mandelson publicly; for one.

And Blunkett lasted a fair time after his (auto?) biography with candid opinons of his cabinet colleagues came out.

He is obviously going to go sooner rather than later, but it will take more than a few salacious articles in the Mail (whose editor is a collossus in the f***ing hypocrite dept and who's owners aren''t exactly impartial when it comes to Labour v Tory) to winkle him out.

Anyone who punches a mullet wearing wurzle who probably drives a 4 by 4 while getting vast amounts of EC farming subsidies yet at the same time whinges about how hard up he is can't be all bad!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:
My point is, it's not big news. Or rather, it shouldn't be.

Must be slow in Westminster this week.

It is what sells papers irrespective of whether it is true or not.

We have lot to thank the papers for!! The Sun with their exposure and need to sell more copies have cost us a prospective new England manager. Had they kept quiet and allowed the FA to do all the negotiations and then publish it when it was signed and sealed all would have been OK but no they have to print something and cause us problems.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It is big news unfortunately, whether it should be or not (which was the point above)

Shouldn't lead to his resignation but easily could do.

It will effect his image I think, because of his extremely loyal wife.

It's a shame, I like the way he stumbles his words and seems far more human and less chemical than the other labour MPS.

I presume the Mail will take the angle of whatever was whispered between the sheets, rather than describing his todger.

Nasiest story this week ? The complete non story about McClaren having a relationship whilst seperated from his wife. Tabloid journalism at its worst.

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Rather a poor use of 250 grand, really - no revelations of Prescott slagging off his colleagues, or committing any financial improprieties - just a load of standard News Of The Screws-style colour on shagging in his offices and flats, and "doing a Monica" on him as civil servants worked on the other side of the open door... Well, whatever turns you on...

Plus, stretched over two pages, verbatim transcripts of possibly the most banal diary entries since E L Wisty's... :D ("This diary is unbelievably boring. Listen to this. Monday. Got up, went for a walk, came home, went to the lavatory, went to bed. Then - Friday. Got up, went for a walk, came home, went to bed. Didn't even go to the lavatory...")

Speculation was the MoS got some really good stuff from her, but just couldn't stand it up (arf), so had to do their best sexing up the rest of this fairly dull material to try to get their money's worth...

All continues to make him look even more of a laughing-stock figure, and the Mail papers certainly are gleefully going for Prescott much more even than Hewitt or Clarke... but he may be able to tough out a few crucial days yet...

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
She just wanted to give her version of the story. Yes right! :glare:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Storm in a teacup, has Two Jags broken any laws ? No, its just another way the media try to sell their product for the titilation of narrow minded saddos with no lives.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The thought of Prescott shagging someone is horrific let alone read about it :eek:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Why does anyone care? he's just a bloke who got offered an easy shag he thought he could get away with and like most other blokes, filled his boots. Good luck to him, who can honestly say they wouldn't have done the same in his place? Is she anything to write home about? I haven't seen any pics of her yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Trouble is when you are a cabinet minister these things will always come back to haunt you.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If it was the French government, the media would be worried if he didn't put it about. :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
dougdeep said:
If it was the French government, the media would be worried if he didn't put it about. :lolol:

Perhaps he should have shagged her in France then :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The British public are the ones who are being shafted, not Tracy Temple.

We have a lame duck Prime Minister, a hypocrite Deputy Prime Minister and some inept senior Cabinet Ministers in a lot of hot water. Blair knows this but also knows local elections are next Thursday and high profile sackings at this stage would be political suicide.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I rather hope he does go and a new person gives the ok to Falmer. That will really p off the Nimbys. If Prezza stays and gives the OK the Nimbys will be screaming that he is unfit to make a decision

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here