Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
First time I think I've seen Naylor so bullish. He has obviously been "allowed" to be so blunt.
I think it’s more than that. I think he is directly reflecting the tone and language of the response he got from the club (PB) when he mentioned the Arsenal bid directly to them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
From a players perspective, yes.
And about another 10 things…

But from a perspective of the outside world, I can’t say it’s that big a thing for measuring club size…

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Is it though? So far the only player from the starting 11 (and on a long contract) that we didn't want to sell was Cucu. Biss, Burn and Tross had served their time as had Potter to be fair and White, whilst quality, was hardly key to our defence.
Yeah I suppose its not quite as drastic yet when you put it like that. The real decimation of their squad (along with Poch getting poached) took two seasons IIRC. But we're likely going to lose Mac & Caicedo in the summer and will probably have a fight on our hands to keep Mitoma. Think we are much better placed to recover though if the squad does get torn apart, especially considering £200m+ for those three isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And about another 10 things…

But from a perspective of the outside world, I can’t say it’s that big a thing for measuring club size…
The point was - the top 6 ‘aren’t that far away from us’ - I’d argue from a players perspective we are miles away.

I guarantee you Bissouma is still happier at Spurs with double the salary than here

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The point was - the top 6 ‘aren’t that far away from us’ - I’d argue from a players perspective we are miles away.

I guarantee you Bissouma is still happier at Spurs with double the salary than here
Yes I get that re the top 6 top, but I don’t agree you can guarantee that on Biss. His bank balance may be happier but he’s now a small fish again and not playing. Reckon on purely footballing terms he was much happier here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes I get that but I don’t agree you can guarantee that on Biss. His bank balance may be happier but he’s now a small fish again and not playing. Reckon on purely footballing terms he was much happier here.
I also bet Caicedo is on small wages - don’t forget we signed him at 19 from South America as a ‘development’ type player. Could probably 4x-5x his salary.

MC is / was good mates with Biss, I’m sure he’ll give him his opinion

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I also bet Caicedo is on small wages - don’t forget we signed him at 19 from South America as a ‘development’ type player. Could probably 4x-5x his salary.

MC is / was good mates with Biss, I’m sure he’ll give him his opinion
Yes and we will be trying for a new contract and probably were since the summer.

Looking back mustafa didn’t say the big 6 ‘aren’t that far away from us’ - he said the opposite. He said ‘Are we still a small club?’ Which is a fair point and the answer is no - a medium sized one surely!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I just hope Arsenal aren’t baiting that ****ing Todd into do something very irrational and damaging to the world of football. The awful idiot is triggered by exactly this sort of bidding war.

Is this coming tomorrow?

“Chelsea have bid £100m for Moises Caicedo on a 10 year, £10m per annum contract. Brighton have reluctantly given in and finally let their talented player go. Caicedo commented that he’d flown over Stamford Bridge on the way to signing for Brighton and since that moment, had always dreamt of playing for the biggest club in the world.”

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he won’t commit to the club as in form of a new deal then is he going to keep giving 100% knowing his move will be in the summer? Tricky one maybe better to get rid still time to replace him, I’m guessing they have replacements lined up.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
487859u5.png

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Looks like his new agents are bashing the phones big time to earn their big payday as soon as possible. If they advise him to put in a transfer request, he’s chosen very badly. Albion hold all the cards on this one. We don’t need the money and he’ll be worth just as much in the summer bar, God forbid, a serious injury. If he leaves now it’ll screw our season, so we’ll be no worse off of he downs tools. I think it’s really important if his agents turn things sour that the club holds the line on this one. Need to make the point that turning into a twat (henceforth known as the Cucurella-Trossard manoeuvre) is not the way to operate. Knuckle down Moises, enjoy a season you’ll remember forever and get your dream move in the summer - maybe even to United.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I just hope Arsenal aren’t baiting that ****ing Todd into do something very irrational and damaging to the world of football. The awful idiot is triggered by exactly this sort of bidding war.

Is this coming tomorrow?

“Chelsea have bid £100m for Moises Caicedo on a 10 year, £10m per annum contract. Brighton have reluctantly given in and finally let their talented player go. Caicedo commented that he’d flown over Stamford Bridge on the way to signing for Brighton and since that moment, had always dreamt of playing for the biggest club in the world.
And having accomplished that dream he is now reluctantly moving on so that he can earn enough to pay off Ecuador's national debt before the next world cup. 'I go for love of my country' he is rumoured to have said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here