Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the official and trusted lines directly from any club and player are.

BHAFC - he’s not for sale and we’re not selling

Caicedo - I’m repaying the faith in the club who opened doors for me and only concentrating on them.

Yet we’ve had hundreds of posts discussing all the other noise 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
If he hands in a transfer request, I'd seriously consider giving up on high level football. It would be move solely motivated by his new agent's greed, it's like the control is gone except for these people who are nothing but money motivated.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I had to laugh at the Arsenal fans suggesting they should throw in Lokonga on loan to sweeten the deal. What planet are these people on?
It seems (from the Sky Sports transfer centre comments) that most Arsenal fans believe that Caicedo is not as good as Partey, Xhaka and Rice.

Let’s hope their message get’s through to Edu.
273AB7EF-7C58-4C70-833B-CFF4E7D49592.jpeg
CC50E99F-BA12-4605-A2C4-F3D7C55308EA.jpeg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If he hands in a transfer request, I'd seriously consider giving up on high level football. It would be move solely motivated by his new agent's greed, it's like the control is gone except for these people who are nothing but money motivated.
Dale Stephens handed in a transfer request :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If he is not in the squad on Sunday, I’ll feel the same.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bet posters still keep putting up all the gimpy journos quotes 🤣
I don't get what the issue is with posting journos reporting the bids have been made or rejected. I understand not being keen on all the rumours but surely even you can't be annoyed where a journo has reported something that has actually happened?
So the official and trusted lines directly from any club and player are.

BHAFC - he’s not for sale and we’re not selling

Caicedo - I’m repaying the faith in the club who opened doors for me and only concentrating on them.

Yet we’ve had hundreds of posts discussing all the other noise 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
What do you expect instead?

BHAFC "Yeah...we're not really bothered about him. We're up for selling him....and actually not for that much"

Caicedo "Frankly, I'm not focusing on my football at Brighton at all at the moment. I want a move so I'm just waiting for that to happen"

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Same here. If we 'have' to sell him because Arsenal/Chelsea offer so much money then I think my interest in football will wain.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Looks like his new agents are bashing the phones big time to earn their big payday as soon as possible. If they advise him to put in a transfer request, he’s chosen very badly. Albion hold all the cards on this one. We don’t need the money and he’ll be worth just as much in the summer bar, God forbid, a serious injury. If he leaves now it’ll screw our season, so we’ll be no worse off of he downs tools. I think it’s really important if his agents turn things sour that the club holds the line on this one. Need to make the point that turning into a twat (henceforth known as the Cucurella-Trossard manoeuvre) is not the way to operate. Knuckle down Moises, enjoy a season you’ll remember forever and get your dream move in the summer - maybe even to United.
Might be worth seeing who else these agents represent to get a taste

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Dale Stephens handed in a transfer request :shrug:
Slightly different as there were strong rumours he wanted to move home and had 9 months left on the deal, this could potentially come literally two days after he said he was happy at the club, the only change being he's changed agency. As much as it was Cucurella's decision I don't believe he truly wanted to put a transfer request in and was happy to let the bidding start, and his agent made the decision to put it in, it just stinks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don't get what the issue is with posting journos reporting the bids have been made or rejected. I understand not being keen on all the rumours but surely even you can't be annoyed where a journo has reported something that has actually happened?

What do you expect instead?

BHAFC "Yeah...we're not really bothered about him. We're up for selling him....and actually not for that much"

Caicedo "Frankly, I'm not focusing on my football at Brighton at all at the moment. I want a move so I'm just waiting for that to happen"
‘Even you’ sorry?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He was with his agents early December it was only the formality of change over that was last week.

When he appointed them they will have a plan, I doubt there is much of the agent only driving this.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Bloom needs to march back his comments on not holding a player back and start making them honour their contracts or this kind of shit it going to keep happening.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Slightly different as there were strong rumours he wanted to move home and had 9 months left on the deal, this could potentially come literally two days after he said he was happy at the club, the only change being he's changed agency. As much as it was Cucurella's decision I don't believe he truly wanted to put a transfer request in and was happy to let the bidding start, and his agent made the decision to put it in, it just stinks.
It’s a fine line I’m sure the club don’t want to be labelled as a selling cub one for all the top clubs to Pillage from when they feel like it. The recent sales have probably helped the strong not for sale stance.

It would be nice for a transfer window to be about a player coming in creating the buzz and discussions rather than outgoings of another top player.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
‘Even you’ sorry?
Well. your posts so far show the clear disagreement with anyone posting anything other than "Caicedo is staying and no one is trying to buy him"

So are you annoyed when people post journos reporting a bid has been made/rejected?

And do you believe that the player saying they are concentrating on their football means they wouldn't want the move?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Of course the club are annoyed. Arsenal's bid in particular, is £5million more than the reported Chelsea bid. There was no way we'd accept that. That bid can only have been submitted purely to unsettle Caicedo. They obviously figure they can get him to do a Trossard.

Brighton should tell them, "we're not selling in January, and if you come back again we're adding a £10 million penalty per bid, on top of what ever you offer in the summer."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here