[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
do you really think that any chairman of a club our size and with the financial clout that Tony has, can really say "no sale regardless of amount" when the amount of money being offered for (and to) our top players is the ridiculous sums it now is. Do you really think that any player will turn down the chance of top six, champions league, and several hundred tousand pounds a WEEK.

WE have to be realistic on who and what Brighton is- and that goes for the manager, players, and fans. We are at best a mid table prem club, with the occasional foray into Europe with a bottom third wealthy owner. In that scenario when we unearth a truly world class talent we are kidding ourselves if an offer of approaching £100 000 000 and triple or quadruple the players wages comes in if we think we can realistically reject it.

The best we can hope is that when the big boys come calling, we empty their wallets and replace them with equal quality and start the process again. Players moving on to world class clubs will encourage others to come here, and see us as a preferred option for furthering their careers.

Simply refusing to sell players will cause the stream to dry up pretty quick. The likes of Bissouma, Cucurella, Caceido, will simply go elsewhere

The only alternatives is to end up in a slow decline, yoyo-ing for a few seasons and then falling back in to league one-two or selling out to the big money and doingt a city or newcastle.

I would rather we stay on the course we are on, enjoy the ride and see how far it takes us

Graham Potter would certainly know the score- TB has said many times no player is unsalable IF the right offer comes in- and the approximately £200 000 000 in sales in 18 months and a 9th place finish would certainly seem to support thee idea that the current approach is the correct one

Potter knows this, the players know this, and we, as fans know this. I

Yes. But it's not as linear as you are suggesting. We CAN tell a player that they are going to stay put (no matter what their agent says or how much the petro clubs aggitate) if it doesn't suit us. That might be because the suitors aren't offering enough but it also might be because we've already released say two key players in the window and don't want to unsettle the squad any more than we have. That's not holing a player back or going to send all future recruits running for the comfort of other clubs. We have always said we'll not stand in the way of a player IF IT SUITS US - and we haven't. But sometimes 'not standing in the way' will mean the player has to be a little bit patient.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Caicedo is going nowhere but nonetheless Potter said last week! when asked about Cucurella, that whilst comfortable "While the window is open, you always have to keep looking.” .
Anyway he talks to Bloom (and Barber) all the time. I doubt he needs to send coded messages via the press.!! We'll leave all that to less well run outfits.

I totally agree and don’t think there is any communication issue or that Potter is sending messages through the press. Nonetheless I can’t recall a previous occasion where he has specially stated a type of striker that he feels we are short of.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Part of Tony's skill is knowing when to sell and when not to sell.

He'll know now is the time not to sell.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I'm more on potter's side now then bloom. This has to stop. You have only got to listen to potter's post match interviews this season and you can read between the lines.
One interview he said." We've sold TWO key players already." and "we've received over £150million for players in last 3 Transfer windows".

I Would **** off to a more supportive chairman, If anymore key players go before the end of this season.
And I would support potter for doing it. And Yes. Potter IS the reason we are in this league still.

This- becoming a self sustainable club is one thing ,but throwing the baby out with the bath water is another !.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes. But it's not as linear as you are suggesting. We CAN tell a player that they are going to stay put (no matter what their agent says or how much the petro clubs aggitate) if it doesn't suit us. That might be because the suitors aren't offering enough but it also might be because we've already released say two key players in the window and don't want to unsettle the squad any more than we have. That's not holing a player back or going to send all future recruits running for the comfort of other clubs. We have always said we'll not stand in the way of a player IF IT SUITS US - and we haven't. But sometimes 'not standing in the way' will mean the player has to be a little bit patient.

Would love to have seen what would have happened if City had stopped at say 40m for Cucu and no-one else came in for him. Pretty sure he’d still be with us. Every player has his price, but no-one is going to pay what it would take to prise Caicedo away in this window.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Would love to have seen what would have happened if City had stopped at say 40m for Cucu and no-one else came in for him. Pretty sure he’d still be with us. Every player has his price, but no-one is going to pay what it would take to prise Caicedo away in this window.

This.

Some people wrongly interpreted a “written transfer request” as forcing TB’s hand and setting a lower price in Citeh’s favour.

In reality it meant Jack Sh1t.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm more on potter's side now then bloom.
Fair enough. I'm not sure they're on different sides, but if they are, I'm on Bloom's (and Potter is our best ever manager).

This has to stop. You have only got to listen to potter's post match interviews this season and you can read between the lines.
One interview he said." We've sold TWO key players already." and "we've received over £150million for players in last 3 Transfer windows".

I Would **** off to a more supportive chairman, If anymore key players go before the end of this season.
And I would support potter for doing it. And Yes. Potter IS the reason we are in this league still.
Bloom is the reason we're in this league. Potter isn't paying those losses each year. We've sold 3 players for good money, but we had plenty of cover for White and Bissouma only had a year left, so keeping him would have been an equivalent of over £500k a week salary, which is a bit silly. Cucu is a big loss, but it's big money, so at some point you have to accept it. Unless of course you want to do a Palace and hold a player against his will.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Too ****ing right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This- becoming a self sustainable club is one thing ,but throwing the baby out with the bath water is another !.

The bath hasn't even been run.

Why are you reacting as if Caicedo is off?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
People saying we simply shouldn’t sell are being a bit moronic imo. Every player has a price. Would anyone on here say we shouldn’t sell if offered 1 billion? Surely not. Therefore the only difference is what you would accept as an offer.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
People saying we simply shouldn’t sell are being a bit moronic imo. Every player has a price. Would anyone on here say we shouldn’t sell if offered 1 billion? Surely not. Therefore the only difference is what you would accept as an offer.

At some price then, you presumably are a rent boy? I mean, you can say you would never take one in the bum at any price, but if you were offered a Billion quid? Therefore, you are a rent boy, just a pricey one.

Edit: No offence intended to sex workers.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
At some price then, you presumably are a rent boy? I mean, you can say you would never take one in the bum at any price, but if you were offered a Billion quid. Therefore, you are a rent boy, just a pricey one.

I really hope you are joking. Or…

Wtf? That is completely and utterly different. Ffs. Some people on this board I really worry about. A player transfer is not quite the same as someone being a rent boy is it.

Or would you refuse one billion for a player?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I really hope you are joking. Or…

Wtf? That is completely and utterly different. Ffs. Some people on this board I really worry about. A player transfer is not quite the same as someone being a rent boy is it.

Or would you refuse one billion for a player?

No, I would take a Billion quid for a player, and you could take advantage of my back passage too, it's just that a Billion quid is a ridiculous proposition, no one would offer that much for either my arse or Moises Caicedo.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
At some price then, you presumably are a rent boy? I mean, you can say you would never take one in the bum at any price, but if you were offered a Billion quid? Therefore, you are a rent boy, just a pricey one.

Edit: No offence intended to sex workers.
Jim Davidson and Sad Witch live. Abhorrent QUOTE.

Apart from that you don't seem to think much of TB to make the comment.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
No, I would take a Billion quid for a player, and you could take advantage of my back passage too, it's just that a Billion quid is a ridiculous proposition, no one would offer that much for either my arse or Moises Caicedo.
Don't sell yourself short.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

That was just to establish there is a price which means people saying “we should not sell” all mean “we should not sell unless we get a ridiculous proposition which we can’t turn down” which means they would sell and should stop saying they wouldn’t.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Didn`t realise i was,just concerned when one of our best players talks about his ambition to play for a big club,exactly as Bis and Cucu did .

As would most other players. That is the attraction of coming to Brighton, improving and then moving on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Jim Davidson and Sad Witch live. Abhorrent QUOTE.

Apart from that you don't seem to think much of TB to make the comment.

Not sure what Jim Davidson and Sad Witch live means? I will apologise if my terminology has offended, but my comment is in no way disparaging to Tony Bloom, I am reinforcing with emphasis what he has said, he is not for sale this window, because he and anyone else saying no sale was being called a Moron because they didn't inlcude the caveat, "apart from mythical deals involving a Billion quid or Robert Lewandowski in exchange."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports