[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I don’t think people should jump to conclusions about his ego and temperament problems. When we heard on Saturday that he was joining us we couldn’t praise the bloke enough. Now that we’ve not heard anything for a couple of days, he’s the devil incarnate. Poor bloke may have had nothing whatsoever to do with the original news or he might be excitedly chatting to Brighton as we speak — we simply don’t know one way or the other. But let’s not crucify him just yet.

Sep 9, 2010
If I were about to move to another country for my career, even if it was what I wanted, I'd want to make sure I got the decision right.

Perhaps he is weighing up a few options. Perhaps he is pushing for a higher wage.

If so, good for him. I would too in his shoes. Wanting to maximise your wage or taking time to review your options is what most people would do.

Or maybe he is desperately calling everyone he knows to feed his pet goldfish while he's gone. He may have a lot of things to take care of before reaching a decision. Who knows? Best to avoid jumping to conclusions for now.

If he comes, then great. If he doesn't then it's for the best too.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So as things stand Chelsea haven’t met our price for Caicedo and we haven’t met Kudus’s personal terms. And until that changes both players stay with their current club. Simple, really.
Which is why it's much better to try and ignore the 'noise' created by the attention-seeking TwitterX goons.

You can't miss what you never had.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah, give him a little skack. For us football is a fun little hobby that allows us to chat rubbish with strangers on the internet between games. For him it's his actual career and he has to make sure he's making the right decision. If he does choose us it will be because he believes it is the right decision, and that will be great for everyone.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I dont know how accurate this is but I heard a cat sneeze just now and it sounded like "Kudus". That help you?
1691519062601.png

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don’t think people should jump to conclusions about his ego and temperament problems. When we heard on Saturday that he was joining us we couldn’t praise the bloke enough. Now that we’ve not heard anything for a couple of days, he’s the devil incarnate. Poor bloke may have had nothing whatsoever to do with the original news or he might be excitedly chatting to Brighton as we speak — we simply don’t know one way or the other. But let’s not crucify him just yet.
Are you new here?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’s amazing how what is probably something as simple as salary negotiations has morphed into the player not wanting to come here simply because he has not leapt at our offer. Even during the reported Chelsea and arsenal interest even everyone’s favourite twitter journalist was reporting we were very much in the race so the player can’t have ruled out joining us.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Yeah, give him a little skack. For us football is a fun little hobby that allows us to chat rubbish with strangers on the internet between games. For him it's his actual career and he has to make sure he's making the right decision. If he does choose us it will be because he believes it is the right decision, and that will be great for everyone.
It appears that he’s had quite some time since the bid was accepted. I appreciate that he’ll be waiting to see if a better offer comes along but at some stage he has to realise that in doing that some deals that have been on the table are withdrawn.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Maybe we only offered £3k a week so he's looking for a bit more than that? #Caicedohumour

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Fair comment I s'pose

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Having listened to the Albion unlimited podcast where Jonny cantor spoke to a football expert from Africa who knows kudos’ game well I am now of the opinion (again) that he is a must and I shall be wetting the bed (again) should we fail to sign him.

Sing ffs sing!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Having seen that we are in for Atom and Paul Barber said more players to come, I now don't care about Kudus. If he comes, great and if he doesn't, equally great. I sometimes forget that we are pitching at multiple targets, not just one at a time.
P.S. Before someone says Kudus and Atom don't play in the same position, I know. It just reminded me that we will always have other irons in the fire and if Kudus fails, someone else will rock up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Dortmund been long time linked. Was suggested as the Bellingham replacement before they signed Nmecha.
His Reps spoke to both Dortmund and Bayern M in Germany but that was weeks ago. They spoke to Man United about 3 weeks ago.

The interesting comments about the player holding out for Dortmund might be correct. I say that because I think Otto Addo is coaching there and he was the Manager of Ghana during the last World Cup

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I say we should redouble our efforts to get him to sign if only y to piss Chelsea off when we land him from under their noses now and sell him on to them in 12 month's time for £120m

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
His Reps spoke to both Dortmund and Bayern M in Germany but that was weeks ago. They spoke to Man United about 3 weeks ago.

The interesting comments about the player holding out for Dortmund might be correct. I say that because I think Otto Addo is coaching there and he was the Manager of Ghana during the last World Cup
But Chris Hughton is his current Ghana manager and recommends Brighton and Lamptey would surely put in a good word to his Ghana team mate. Don't know if he knows Veltman. Probably not...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But Chris Hughton is his current Ghana manager and recommends Brighton and Lamptey would surely put in a good word to his Ghana team mate. Don't know if he knows Veltman. Probably not...
LOL

I think Chris dropped him from starting line up in the last match.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
LOL

I think Chris dropped him from starting line up in the last match.. Also his mobile number will be in Otto Addo's contacts in his phone. So if Dortmund were gonna make a bid. All it would take would be a sneaky text or phone call to ask him to stall on signing elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports