Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
@Springal - Obviously I have no knowledge of the proposed contracts on offer but it felt like the Kudus deal was going to be pushing at the edges of our wage structure. That, coupled with his reportedly wanting a release clause, meant that his signing posed a financial risk regardless of his talent. The fact that we balked suggests the club felt likewise.

Baleba is less of a financial risk. Plus, I’ve confidence in Uncle Tony’s Magic Algorithm and RDZ’s coaching to improve any player provided they bring the right attitude to training.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Kudus will in for a bit of a shock when he rocks up at West Ham's dump of a training ground after Ajax ...

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Am I the only person who heard that the reason the move to us collapsed is that his agent had spoken to Chelsea, then came back to us demanding a release clause of a specific value - so the suspicion was that Chelsea had told them to do that (demand the clause and set the value)?

I've seen people since mention the clause as the issue, but not the Chelsea role in it. But I'm sure people were talking about that back then. Did I imagine it?

I guess we'll find out in the summer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep. The WH reaction is the amusing bit for me
I might be missing something here, but do some WH fans GENUINELY believe that a guy who was manager of a club two managers ago – and was effectively 'sacked', regardless of what the press release said, from that club – would do it a favour by denying an opposition player the opportunity to play in a match between the two? All the while knowing that the manager would not be picking set player anyway?

My word, some people are thick :dunce:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I might be missing something here, but do some WH fans GENUINELY believe that a guy who was manager of a club two managers ago – and was effectively 'sacked', regardless of what the press release said, from that club – would do it a favour by denying an opposition player the opportunity to play in a match between the two? All the while knowing that the manager would not be picking set player anyway?

Bearing in mind that Hughton used to play for them as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Exactly :laugh:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I the only person who heard that the reason the move to us collapsed is that his agent had spoken to Chelsea, then came back to us demanding a release clause of a specific value - so the suspicion was that Chelsea had told them to do that (demand the clause and set the value)?

I've seen people since mention the clause as the issue, but not the Chelsea role in it. But I'm sure people were talking about that back then. Did I imagine it?

I guess we'll find out in the summer.
Yes. Yes, you are.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

They are also forgetting Chris played for West Ham for 2 seasons and was born in Forest Gate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here