Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mohammed Kudus **Signed For West Ham 27/08**

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think if he's good enough for Chelsea and Arsenal he's probably good enough for us. Yes more of a financial risk for a club our size but in terms of quality it's not like he's also being linked with a Latvian club and Crawley.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, but only in context of a deal invlving Caicedo, I think. Besides, we'd actually had Colwill here for a season, so were in a position to know it wasn't a risk - in this case,, Chelsea are unfortunately right; an exceptional young talent they don't want to sell at any price.
Any deal we were discussing was separate from Caicedo. He has his value and TB are sticking to that.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
....and at £40M he's a 'no' anyway. We've already bought a player fr 50% more than our previous transfer record this summer. We are improving and getting 'bigger; in incremental steps, and it's working. Suddenly going in for much more expensive transfers could do more harm than good.
I remember when we broke our highest ever transfer fee record buying Hoskins for £500,000 then Buckley doubled it a few days later. Then even more for CMS a few days after that.

As then, so now. I was a bit surprised when Bloom spent £30m on a player and would be stunned if he then spent more on another in this window. But should it actually happen I will just laugh like I did at the Buckley fee. £1m is still a ridiculous amount of money to sign an athlete to do their thing let alone anything more. It is all monopoly money to me. Not real at all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Four other clubs have looked at Kudus too, according to today’s independent.

“Four of England's major clubs - perhaps symbolically, the old “big four” - all want midfielders. United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have each at least had a look at a group of players led by Lavia, Fiorentina's Sofyan Amrabat, Ajax's Mohammed Kudus, Nice's Khephren Thuram and - above all - Brighton's Moises Caicedo”

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
His Advisers have spoken to more than that. They were speaking to Man United about 3 weeks ago plus 2 clubs in Germany plus Chelsea. I don't know if they spoke to Brighton or not. I read Arsenal showed an interest but I don't know if they spoke to them or not

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I think if he's good enough for Chelsea and Arsenal he's probably good enough for us. Yes more of a financial risk for a club our size but in terms of quality it's not like he's also being linked with a Latvian club and Crawley.
I personally wouldn't assume Chelsea being interested is any indicator of a player's future success. Given the absolute mountains of money they've wasted over the years. Arsenal too, albeit in very recent years they seem to be doing a bit better.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Taking a step back, and appreciating it’s a squad game etc.., in a best 11 where does Kudus fit in?

Who is he an improvement on?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Taking a step back, and appreciating it’s a squad game etc.., in a best 11 where does Kudus fit in?

Who is he an improvement on?
He literally plays in most positions.

I see him as another Groß. 1st 11 standard BUT you use him to plug gaps.

In a scenario where Welbeck and Pedro are injured and Ferguson needs a break, he plays up front. He can cover at No.10 if Lallana is not fit, he can play one of the central midfield positions or even cover for Solly at right wing. I would not be surprised if RDZ tries him at full back also.

He would have played in all our final 5 games last season (after March’s injury) and perhaps we’d have won more than 2 of them with a bigger squad full of more actual quality rather than just potential.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Why? He’s proved he can’t deal with pressure.
And you think the pressure at West Ham is as much as Chelsea ? West Ham are not considered an elite club (although it pains me to suggest Chelsea are), the pressure there is probably not much different to the Albion and he won’t have 30+ egos to manage. Potter would be a perfect fit for West Ham

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
And you think the pressure at West Ham is as much as Chelsea ? West Ham are not considered an elite club (although it pains me to suggest Chelsea are), the pressure there is probably not much different to the Albion and he won’t have 30+ egos to manage. Potter would be a perfect fit for West Ham
He couldn’t handle 50 Albion fans having a moan. Hammers fans do nothing but moan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here