Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB 2024 Season

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
At least we can file that one under "its only pre-season"....

14-1..and 8-0 after the first inning? 🤯

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
MLB.TV have both the Padres v Dodgers, and the D'Backs v Rockies free to view again tonight on the app / website if anyone is interested.
First pitch both about 8.10pm

Jul 7, 2003
As someone who follows the Rockies, I go into the new season with very low expectations and expect them to be met.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
At least we can file that one under "its only pre-season"....

14-1..and 8-0 after the first inning? 🤯

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
I took an occasional glance at MLB Gameday during the afternoon and did have a little chuckle to myself! The starter not recording an out, Padres using 12 pitchers in total.... But, ultimately it's pretty much meaningless in the grand scheme of things. It used to seem that the worse Albion's pre-season was, the better they started the season.

Or maybe the Padres will have a shocker this year! :lol:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
I dont mind them tbh. I would've made a slight change to the Washington text on the right, but the jersey on the left looks pretty cool imo

Good read - and worth noting the material & style changes to uniforms has been a 6 year process involving players throughout the majors, so not something a new intern designer has quickly come up with overnight. Theres been a huge fuss made on social media, but isn't it always the case when something "new" comes out? Just look at it on NSC when a new Albion kit is released! 😁 🤯
But, as for the pants…

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
But, as for the pants…

But, yet again...the MLB and Nike have said there have been no changes to the material used this year on the pants....its the same as last year (apparently).

I looked at a few of the teams this weekend wearing the new style pants, and none were see through from what I could make out - including white ones that were plastered all over IG, X, FB etc. by "angry" fans last week. Im sure in certain conditions, and studio lights etc, that white clothing does have a level of transparency anyway, no matter what it is.

Honestly, the amount of hysteria over these uniforms is just getting embarrassing now. OK, some players have come out and said they dont like them, but do we really need this amount of outrage?!?

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Rockies came second in the Cactus League - can only go downhill from there!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Cant factor for a broken lace / web on a glove, but that was a game changer with Cronenworths charged error. Crazy.
Oh well, lets focus on splitting the series now and get back to SD at .500

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
After 2 seasons of getting whitewashed in the wildcard series, I'm not holding a huge amount of hope on the Blue Jays getting much further this year. Some good results in Spring Training suggest we might at least make a push for a wildcard spot again.

I am looking forward to checking out the completion of the Skydome refurbishment. I hope they have new CLADDING.

FCB

Sep 1, 2023
Cant factor for a broken lace / web on a glove, but that was a game changer with Cronenworths charged error. Crazy.
Oh well, lets focus on splitting the series now and get back to SD at .500

Yeah, couldn't believe when I've seen this. Just a play that goes into a "sh** happens and nothing you can do about it" category. Better this happened in March than in September or October though.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Wild Win for the Padres in Game 2. #LFGSD!
Most runs ever scored against the Dodgers....Gone toe to toe over two games - and if not for a broken glove, could be 2-0
Welcome to the big leagues Mr Yamamoto

Lets Go Sport GIF by MLB
Mlb Postseason Win GIF by MLB

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
For a season that's 162 (?) games long I'm always amazed how many preseason games are played.
It's basically competitive net practice. Helps the pitchers build up their stamina and the batters get practice against live pitching under game conditions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here