Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB 2024 Season

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
After a long winter break, its just three weeks until Spring Training resumes!

baseball-glove-balls-bats-and-thomas-northcut.jpg

Really hoping for a bounce back year from the Padres, but expecting more of a rebuild tbh with the lack of impact signings so far. Looking forward to seeing Michael King on the mound though after putting up decent numbers at the back end of last year with the Yankees. After losing Soto to the Bronx Bombers in that trade, Im really hoping the likes of Bogaerts, Kim, Tatis Jr, Machado (if healthy), Cronenworth etc will come out firing on all cylinders on Day 1.

Hopes and expectations for your teams...?

Batter Up!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Feeling pretty positive about the moves made during this off-season by the Diamondbacks. Finding a 3rd baseman was crucial so very happy with the trade for Eugenio Suarez from the Mariners. Added Eduardo Rodriguez (E-Rod) to the starting rotation, so we now have Zak Gallen, Merrill Kelly, E-Rod and Brandon Pfaadt - very happy with that 1 through 4.
Re-signed Lourdes Gurriel Jnr in the outfield and recently added Joc Pederson as a DH (not officially announced yet). I think we're stronger than last season on both sides of the ball so looking to at least match our 84 wins from last season (and hopefully improve on it). Would be disappointed not to make the play-offs again.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Must admit to being very excited with the Cubs prospects now that Craig Counsel is on board.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Only two days until Spring Training gets underway - one of the highlights of living in Arizona, for sure.

Also happened to catch much of this MLB documentary last night - it features Arjun Nimmala, a first generation Indian-American [as in the country India, not Native American] who was selected at no. 20 in the draft last season by the Toronto Blue Jays, as well as a number of other storylines concerning the growth of baseball in India:-

WATCH: Blue Jays 1st-rounder Nimmala featured in 'Indian Baseball Dreams' doc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Losing the curly W :cry: Still there is nothing like the start of a new season and reminder that the MLB at Bat subscription is up for renewal to get the juices flowing.
You are shitting me!
I completely missed that this is proper minging.

1708455143787.png

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
You are shitting me!
I completely missed that this is proper minging.

View attachment 176537
I dont mind them tbh. I would've made a slight change to the Washington text on the right, but the jersey on the left looks pretty cool imo

Good read - and worth noting the material & style changes to uniforms has been a 6 year process involving players throughout the majors, so not something a new intern designer has quickly come up with overnight. Theres been a huge fuss made on social media, but isn't it always the case when something "new" comes out? Just look at it on NSC when a new Albion kit is released! 😁 🤯

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Only two days until Spring Training gets underway - one of the highlights of living in Arizona, for sure.

Also happened to catch much of this MLB documentary last night - it features Arjun Nimmala, a first generation Indian-American [as in the country India, not Native American] who was selected at no. 20 in the draft last season by the Toronto Blue Jays, as well as a number of other storylines concerning the growth of baseball in India:-

WATCH: Blue Jays 1st-rounder Nimmala featured in 'Indian Baseball Dreams' doc

Just watched the first 30 mins before work. Really interesting docu, especially the crossover element between cricket & baseball. My lad plays both, so I can definitely relate to it.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
High hopes for the Braves this season. Another divisional win and a really good chance of the World Series. Some interesting signings and looking forward to seeing Harris II get better. Another strong season from Strider on the mound. Just seen MLB Network naming Acuna number 1 player. Go Braves.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
High hopes for the Braves this season. Another divisional win and a really good chance of the World Series. Some interesting signings and looking forward to seeing Harris II get better. Another strong season from Strider on the mound. Just seen MLB Network naming Acuna number 1 player. Go Braves.
Difficult to look past the Braves and the Dodgers as the best two National League teams again this coming season. Thankfully, as a D'backs fan, winning 100 or more regular season games counts for pretty much diddly squat when the post-season starts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here