MK Dons - FA Cup

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
For me, it;s simple. I'm a creature of habit. Albion at The Amex with Mill Road P & R. No P & R, so not going. Club not bothering, so neither am I.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Mid Sussex seagulls will have its coach going what a great price for game I would still have gone if it was £25+Travel as I surport the Albion,cup games always got good crowds in the old days as it was a break fromthe league games are we being spoilt with our currant status.
At this price it's good one to take a friend or a relation.
You can't blame the club for only openning parts of the ground with the poor attendance we have seen at previous cup games and the costs to man each section of the stadium. We all want TB to put his hand in his pocket let's help him buy a ticket for the cup.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
For me, it;s simple. I'm a creature of habit. Albion at The Amex with Mill Road P & R. No P & R, so not going. Club not bothering, so neither am I.

Really? I can think of a certain Chairman who CAN be bothered to put in millions every year - he is certainly a creature of habit. And he might just want others to put themselves out so as to cut his losses.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not going to this...I sit in the north stand and if it isn't not open then I am not interested in sitting anywhere else, so for that reason I am out!

The f a cup Used to be so fantastic and we all went to games like leatherhead, Sudbury etc...but now, there is so much emphasis on the holy grail that is the premier thing that all other football has gone ...it is very sad.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am not going to this...I sit in the north stand and if it isn't not open then I am not interested in sitting anywhere else, so for that reason I am out!

The f a cup Used to be so fantastic and we all went to games like leatherhead, Sudbury etc...but now, there is so much emphasis on the holy grail that is the premier thing that all other football has gone ...it is very sad.

Or put another way, if I can't sit in my seat then I'm not going....so there. Calvin-thumb-on-nose.gif

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You do know that Tony subsidises the free travel on top of the transport levy we pay ? ???

So let's let him off making a loss on Park and Ride for this match, eh ?

Unless of course you want ticket prices for the match set at £18-£20 rather than the bargain they are.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

I wonder if you see the irony here? You claim that the cup used to be fantastic, bemoan its apparent demise and then contribute to this decline by not going, as you have a strop . . Can I also assume that you would like the Holy Grail finale -financed by a certain Mr Bloom, who might just want you to help him at times . .

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

I quite like the opportunity to sit in other parts of the ground. Even if its just to see how others view the game. As for FA cup magic I think the attendance for this match will be a clear indication that the interest is still there. Also the BBC seem to be doing a good job the past few years with their coverage. Particularly enjoying the Monday night draws on BBC 2.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder if you see the irony here? You claim that the cup used to be fantastic, bemoan its apparent demise and then contribute to this decline by not going, as you have a strop . . Can I also assume that you would like the Holy Grail finale -financed by a certain Mr Bloom, who might just want you to help him at times . .

Yes I do see the irony..but hey who cares what I think.

I think that the FA cup has been devalued over the years when our so called top clubs started to view it as a distraction and the likes of wenger putting out teams that included a larger amount of player s whom he regarded as fringe or prime for loans. The only cup that premier sides are interested in these days is the champions league and even the europa cup has been seen as a distraction as the end of the season survival stakes are run.

With regards to the holy graiI can take it or leave it personally. If we get up then fantastic, we get some decent sides to play at home and to see first hand - I don't go away so visiting other grounds doesn't interest me these days whereas when Laura and I went, we went to every away game for many years. But football is not my be and end all nowadays. Yes I would like to see us play the bets in the land, but if we don't, I am not going to sit at home weeping about it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes I do see the irony..but hey who cares what I think.

I think that the FA cup has been devalued over the years when our so called top clubs started to view it as a distraction and the likes of wenger putting out teams that included a larger amount of player s whom he regarded as fringe or prime for loans. The only cup that premier sides are interested in these days is the champions league and even the europa cup has been seen as a distraction as the end of the season survival stakes are run.

With regards to the holy graiI can take it or leave it personally. If we get up then fantastic, we get some decent sides to play at home and to see first hand - I don't go away so visiting other grounds doesn't interest me these days whereas when Laura and I went, we went to every away game for many years. But football is not my be and end all nowadays. Yes I would like to see us play the bets in the land, but if we don't, I am not going to sit at home weeping about it.

I don't disagree with what you have written and it is indeed a shame that the FA Cup is now so less valued. And I too do not go to away games these days with advancing years. But it really would be good for us all to support the club on this occasion, given that TB's losses are so huge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You do know that Tony subsidises the free travel on top of the transport levy we pay ? ???

So let's let him off making a loss on Park and Ride for this match, eh ?

Unless of course you want ticket prices for the match set at £18-£20 rather than the bargain they are.

I wonder had the prices been such as to open all of the ground and provide transport would we have got a 20k + crowd or another suggestion should the ST include the 1st FA Cup game at home in which ever round.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think that the FA cup has been devalued over the years when our so called top clubs started to view it as a distraction and the likes of wenger putting out teams that included a larger amount of player s whom he regarded as fringe or prime for loans.

Poor example. Wenger has always taken the FA Cup very seriously, and his team selections reflect that. (He's always picked a 'prospects' side for the LEAGUE cup).

The Arsenal line ups for the two games at the Amex:

2012/13
Szczesny
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Santos (Gibbs - 78' )
Jenkinson
Diaby
Rosicky (Wilshere - 68' )
Oxlade-Chamberlain (Walcott - 68' )
Ramsey
Podolski
Giroud

2014/15
Szczesny
Chambers
Koscielny
Monreal
Gibbs
Flamini
Walcott(Sánchez 70)
Rosicky
Ramsey
Özil
Giroud

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder had the prices been such as to open all of the ground and provide transport would we have got a 20k + crowd or another suggestion should the ST include the 1st FA Cup game at home in which ever round.

The whole ground used to be open, because as a gold member my seat (in the north) was reserved for cup games. The pricing has always been reasonable for cup games too, so it has proved in the past that a lot of money is lost, doing it that way.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm going to say it as no one else has:

I bet if we get a big name in the next round, those that aren't coming will be desperate for tickets
Or
If we get a big name in the next round, those that go to MK game should get priority
(Delete as appropriate).

I get why some people don't want to go to this and fair play, each to their own, but for a lot of people the cost of ticket and travel (bus/train) is going to be cheaper than a standard match ticket. Its a 3pm Saturday game and its the FA cup. Maybe we'll have a new signing making their debut!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If we had drawn Arsenal (reserves) for this tie you can bet the whole ground would be open and at £20 a pop , i simply don't agree with the way the club went on this , they have basically guaranteed a low attendance rather than trying to promote the game , such a shame .

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If we had drawn Arsenal (reserves) for this tie you can bet the whole ground would be open and at £20 a pop , i simply don't agree with the way the club went on this , they have basically guaranteed a low attendance rather than trying to promote the game , such a shame .

Yes, but we didn't draw Arsenal did we? That's rather the point. And they have tried to promote the game by massively reducing the price, plus they have said that if the open sections sell out they'll open more. What more do you want?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Taking my Grandson to his first game for this one. Will be 3 generations of us costing a total of £26.00 which is a bargain.

Also looking forward to trying a different area & with it being a Saturday 3.00 kick off what's not to like?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Taking my Grandson to his first game for this one. Will be 3 generations of us costing a total of £26.00 which is a bargain.

Also looking forward to trying a different area & with it being a Saturday 3.00 kick off what's not to like?

A lot apparently, because their normal seat/form of transport is not available. :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm with the quite-like-another-view crowd, being as I've been in the same seat in the WSU for 5 years. I have travelled the stadium for odd games here and there (the North stand for Wrexham a few years back, the East stand 1901 a couple of times, the South-West 1901 once, the West Lower a couple of times). I might try the East again for this one, so I can feast my eyes on the GLORY that is the West Stand as a backdrop (albeit a sparsely populated one).

£12. It really would be very rude not to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports