What should i do?

• Miss the Holiday to Zante

Votes: 106 82.8%
  • Miss the first league game

Votes: 22 17.2%

• Total voters

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
You will only ever get one chance to see the FIRST home game at Falmer, you can go to Zante anytime. Not really a choice really in my opinion

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not the end of the world if you miss the first game as we'll be there for ever more but you just know for years to come the first game at Falmer will be touted as one of those special special special moments in the Albions history.

Question to ask yourself

You will tell your grandkids about the first game at Falmer but will you tell them more about the 2011 holiday to Zante ?

Best solotion is fly out on the Sun to Thur

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be assured our family holiday is being booked after the fixtures list comes out, besides Zante is only another Greek Island nothing special except we spent out honeymoon there 20 years ago......

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can't imagine what I would miss that game for.

It wouldn't be a holiday in Zante, not even with Jennifer Aniston, and she was paying.
I'm not sure that such an offer wouldn't tempt Rt Hon. Jack Straw to miss the game though.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Is there anyway i can get the deposit back, seeing as i gave it in a 5 oclock today and it doesnt have to be in until next week. As i was 'mis-sold the holiday by my 'mate' (I have a letter proving the dates given) could i present this. Say i cant do the 4th-11th and hope they sympathise with me?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Easyjet now fly to Zante, book far enough in advance and get the cheap price, no baggage etc,and pop back for the the game. Go back next day and carry on with the holiday.
Sorted:thumbsup:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
ZTH-LGW on 07APR11 - £52
LGW-ZTH on 10APR11 - £91

Total £143. Both with easyjet. I'm assuming the first day will be on 9th April? Can't find any particular dates in a quick google...

Zante is a crap island anyway. But then I worked across the water in Kefalonia for 3 years, so probably appreciate a very different Greek experience.. :thumbsup:

Edit - I've NO idea why I had April in my head, other than it's the start of the new HOLIDAY season. Sorry. That's what I get for working in tourism! Seat prices will be pretty high in August due to the holidays, so wont be many seats to go around.

Last edited:

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
So it has 100% been confirmed by the F.A. then?

No, this can't happen until the fixtures are released. I am just saying that the Football League will 99% definitely let us have a home game on the 6th of August, they set a precedent with my two examples above (Cardiff and Chesterfield) and have no reason not to allow us as Pride has agreed not to hold their event on this date.
So no it hasn’t been confirmed 100% but if we are not at home on 6/8/2011 I will knock somebody down with a feather

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
No, this can't happen until the fixtures are released. I am just saying that the Football League will 99% definitely let us have a home game on the 6th of August, they set a precedent with my two examples above (Cardiff and Chesterfield) and have no reason not to allow us as Pride has agreed not to hold their event on this date.
So no it hasn’t been confirmed 100% but if we are not at home on 6/8/2011 I will knock somebody down with a feather

Thanks for that.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Zante is a crap island anyway. But then I worked across the water in Kefalonia for 3 years, so probably appreciate a very different Greek experience.. :thumbsup:
I don't disagree with you, but Zante was the majority vote.
When other places could have been looked into more.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You've dropped a bollock there, but don't miss out on a lads holiday just to go to the first game.

Do everything in your power to get back for the game but if it ain't possible don't miss out just for a day at football.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I don't disagree with you, but Zante was the majority vote.
When other places could have been looked into more.

Sorry, was being a muppet before... April!? Not sure what I was thinking..

05AUG11 - ZTH-LGW is £77
07AUG11 - LGW-ZTH is £132

So, £209 to see the Albion at Falmer AND have a holiday.....

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Sorry, was being a muppet before... April!? Not sure what I was thinking..

05AUG11 - ZTH-LGW is £77
07AUG11 - LGW-ZTH is £132

So, £209 to see the Albion at Falmer AND have a holiday.....
Thanks for this :thumbsup:, however + the £400 already + £209 + £400 spending = Too expensive on a P/T job. :mad:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here