Minor scuffle last night ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
From The Argus:

"One fight was reported after the game near Falmer Station.

Punches were thrown but police intervened and no one was seriously injured.

A 33-year-old man from Cardiff was arrested on suspicion of affray. He was later released with a caution for common assault and possession of cocaine."

Naughty naughty, came to the right place for some 'blow'. :jester:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
From The Argus:

"One fight was reported after the game near Falmer Station.

Punches were thrown but police intervened and no one was seriously injured.

A 33-year-old man from Cardiff was arrested on suspicion of affray. He was later released with a caution for common assault and possession of cocaine."

Naughty naughty, came to the right place for some 'blow'. :jester:

How the hell did he only get a caution? I thought if you were caught fighting at football these days you got banged up for two years and a ban from every football ground in the country for 10 years? And that's before you bring coke into the equation.

Bha83

Aug 22, 2012
How the hell did he only get a caution? I thought if you were caught fighting at football these days you got banged up for two years and a ban from every football ground in the country for 10 years? And that's before you bring coke into the equation.

I just hope the club realise it was this twat who started it and you shouldn't get banned for self defence

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

What Das? I wasn't saying he should be, I was saying that with the ridiculously harsh sentences handed out for the slightest bit of trouble at football these days, he's very lucky to get off with a caution.

Do you not agree?

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Surprised he didn't get done for possesion . but probrually only had fake gear to impress his mates .

Good work bha83 you did the right thing.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
The police did cos I had to give a statement,hope not.

I'm sure you will be seen as the person acting in self defence of both yourself and of the two lads you were defending from these cocaine induced bravado pricks, I for one will sign a written statement on your behalf if the club or Police consider any action against yourself.
p.s. hope the hooter is ok

:rave::flounce::clap2:

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
why? the cardiff fan nutted him.

The term "reasonable force" comes to mind. The police statement (punches were thrown...) suggests that was the case, so sounds like bha83 didn't go overboard. But I was responding to the (seemingly false) statement that he "beat the shit out of" the other guy, which to me suggests something more along the lines of leaving him bloodied and semi-conscious on the floor - that would have been disproportionate, could not be called self-defence, and would be deserving of punishment.
However, as stated, it looks as though bha83 handled it appropriately, so congratulations to him for stepping in to help in the way he did.

Bha83

Aug 22, 2012
I'm sure you will be seen as the person acting in self defence of both yourself and of the two lads you were defending from these cocaine induced bravado pricks, I for one will sign a written statement on your behalf if the club or Police consider any action against yourself.
p.s. hope the hooter is ok

:rave::flounce::clap2:

Thanks mate,I really appreciate that.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The term "reasonable force" comes to mind. The police statement (punches were thrown...) suggests that was the case, so sounds like bha83 didn't go overboard. But I was responding to the (seemingly false) statement that he "beat the shit out of" the other guy, which to me suggests something more along the lines of leaving him bloodied and semi-conscious on the floor - that would have been disproportionate, could not be called self-defence, and would be deserving of punishment.However, as stated, it looks as though bha83 handled it appropriately, so congratulations to him for stepping in to help in the way he did.
Not really, if he had been left as you stated he'd think twice in future before picking on innocent kids, as it is he'll be doing it again next away game, unfortunately the " violence solves nothing " mantra that gets trotted out simply isnt true, sometimes it really is the most effective way of dealing with something.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Not really, if he had been left as you stated he'd think twice in future before picking on innocent kids, as it is he'll be doing it again next away game, unfortunately the " violence solves nothing " mantra that gets trotted out simply isnt true, sometimes it really is the most effective way of dealing with something.

Traditional football hooligan alert!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports