Goldstone
Yeovil are down to 8 men.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Back at g/f's from the game. We didn't play well at all, but got the 3 points - that's football for you. The "foul" on Jesse for the pen looked soft, but we were down the other end of the pitch so it's hard to tell, tbh. He had a free, roaming role across the front line and provided some nice touches and runs. His run into the pen box just before half time was fast (though he doesn't appear particularly quick generally) and he found space to get on Len's cross, which he flicked on nicely, forcing a decent save. Should he have scored? Again, down the other end, so a bit hard to tell, but he did force the save. He covered back nicely on a few occasions too. Looks a threat.

Len grabbed a defender round the throat with both hands towards the end of the second half and pushed him away. Luckily, not spotted by officials. This is what caused the argy bargy with Shittu and their keeper.

Koosh was very safe today, but distribution was again appalling!

Upson safe, and another couple of long diagonal balls to SD - a joy to see.

For much of the second half, we were under the cosh, resorting to sitting way too deep (yet again) and some hoofball into their half. Dire.

We did not look like play-off contenders at all, but 3 points says otherwise!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So, in short, the referee was on our side, they hit the bar and we smuggled an away win having played poorly. Did the teams swap shirts before kick off without anyone noticing?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Back at g/f's from the game. We didn't play well at all, but got the 3 points - that's football for you. The "foul" on Jesse for the pen looked soft, but we were down the other end of the pitch so it's hard to tell, tbh. He had a free, roaming role across the front line and provided some nice touches and runs. His run into the pen box just before half time was fast (though he doesn't appear particularly quick generally) and he found space to get on Len's cross, which he flicked on nicely, forcing a decent save. Should he have scored? Again, down the other end, so a bit hard to tell, but he did force the save. He covered back nicely on a few occasions too. Looks a threat.

Len grabbed a defender round the throat with both hands towards the end of the second half and pushed him away. Luckily, not spotted by officials. This is what caused the argy bargy with Shittu and their keeper.

Koosh was very safe today, but distribution was again appalling!

Upson safe, and another couple of long diagonal balls to SD - a joy to see.

For much of the second half, we were under the cosh, resorting to sitting way too deep (yet again) and some hoofball into their half. Dire.

We did not look like play-off contenders at all, but 3 points says otherwise!

The good thing is neither do QPR, Reading or Forest so we still have a good chance. I think there are 3 playoff places left and we have a game in hand on Reading or Forest.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The good thing is neither do QPR, Reading or Forest so we still have a good chance. I think there are 3 playoff places left and we have a game in hand on Reading or Forest.

Dare I say it, I think it might just be squeaky bum time.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So, in short, the referee was on our side, they hit the bar and we smuggled an away win having played poorly. Did the teams swap shirts before kick off without anyone noticing?

That's a little cruder than I would put it, but, basically, yep. Makes a change, huh?!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Odd season. It seems like we have never really been convincing and yet we're up on 49 points and in the playoff mix.

It's beginning to feel like a very long time since we were last in a relegation dogfight.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Odd game and lucky I think. We won through a process of hoof, passing into nowhere and giving the ball away.

And didn't look like a penalty either.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I see we sent our goal posts and bar out on loan to them
good to get rid of them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here