Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall could move to Kent??!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Obviously I've totally misunderstood, but it doesn't seem that the ground is being compulsory purchased. Why do they have to move ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just signed the petition. Having now fully read up on this it's, in short, outrageous the council can do this and incredible they can do it with this particular company. It stinks. They're far from my most favourite club but this transcends any issues I have with their supporters. And I still chuckle when I think of a past game where a young couple were goading us with homophobic abuse and to demonstrate he wasn't gay he stood behind his lady, put his hands around her front and danced and repeatedly grabbed her tits. Class. There is something refreshingly upfront and honest about their boneheads. West Ham's are much more snidey

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I've just signed the petition. Having now fully read up on this it's, in short, outrageous the council can do this and incredible they can do it with this particular company. It stinks. They're far from my most favourite club but this transcends any issues I have with their supporters. And I still chuckle when I think of a past game where a young couple were goading us with homophobic abuse and to demonstrate he wasn't gay he stood behind his lady, put his hands around her front and danced and repeatedly grabbed her tits. Class. There is something refreshingly upfront and honest about their boneheads. West Ham's are much more snidey

What about Chelsea's bone heads, not worthy of a mention ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Obviously I've totally misunderstood, but it doesn't seem that the ground is being compulsory purchased. Why do they have to move ?

the propspective plans, and compulsory purchase, goes right up to the New Den building. all the surrounding auxiliary buildings, at least one of which is used for their academy, would be bought and built over.

the worse part of it is there is an alternatve plan for redevelopment, but the council want to support the one which is least sympathetic to the club.

Is there a Facebook page I could LIKE?

Nothing screams "look I'm doing something to help!" louder than liking a Facebook post.

Why don't you change your Facebook profile to a Lion?

That'll do it.

exoro_designs_emoticons_lion___crying_by_exorodesigns-d55wvj1.jpg

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Turned out I had already signed this months ago.

I have no time at all for some of the knuckle dragging elements of their support, but Millwall is indeed a fine community club with good people working extremely hard to help the local population and repair the club's tarnished image. This deal seems so blatantly dodgy I cannot believe it has got this close to coming to fruition. An absolute pox on the councillors who are letting this go through. Some labour party officials proving that the tories do not have the monopoly on unscrupulous behaviour.

I really hope Millwall can survive this.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite a bizarre typo for the Grauniad to leave uncorrected. Can only assume they mean 10 miles ...

I assumed it meant a round trip of 100 miles ie 50 miles from the New Den (although that's still deep into Kent)

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
They might end up having to reinvent themselves by merging with someone like Maidstone....horrible to consider, but there is a gap in Kent that Gillingham can never fill...... plus the demographic in Kent is a good fit for Millwall ( I say no more on that)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
the propspective plans, and compulsory purchase, goes right up to the New Den building. all the surrounding auxiliary buildings, at least one of which is used for their academy, would be bought and built over.

the worse part of it is there is an alternatve plan for redevelopment, but the council want to support the one which is least sympathetic to the club.
Thanks. I'm all for supporting them, and don't want to be too sceptical about this, but our training and academy centre is a mile or 2 from the Amex. Surely they don't have to totally up-sticks and move everything to Kent. No other options for a partial move ?

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks. I'm all for supporting them, and don't want to be too sceptical about this, but our training and academy centre is a mile or 2 from the Amex. Surely they don't have to totally up-sticks and move everything to Kent. No other options for a partial move ?

How much do you think land costs near their ground which is rapidly being gentrified ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here