Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

millwall away

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
been a couple years since we played them on a sat,shirley we should be looking at 2500 away fans for this???

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They are opening the bottom tier for some away followings now aren't they? I think they have had it open in recent seasons for both Charlton and Southampton. I reckon if demand is there, we might be allowed it too.

Jimmy Grimble

Collides with the 40 over final if Sussex get there. That would take about 300-500 of the away following I reckon.

Personally I'll be going to Lords if Sussex do get there. Millwall away will come and go fairly regularly, whereas Sussex in a Lord's final isn't a guarantee every year. Plus the atmosphere at Lord's for big games is always pretty special if it's a tight affair.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Collides with the 40 over final if Sussex get there. That would take about 300-500 of the away following I reckon.

Personally I'll be going to Lords if Sussex do get there. Millwall away will come and go fairly regularly, whereas Sussex in a Lord's final isn't a guarantee every year. Plus the atmosphere at Lord's for big games is always pretty special if it's a tight affair.

Thought the CB40 final was Sep 15th (day after Sheff Weds at home)?

Millwall is the week after, no?

Jimmy Grimble

Thought the CB40 final was Sep 15th (day after Sheff Weds at home)?

Millwall is the week after, no?

Oh really? Whoops.

I'm going by information I had passed onto me earlier. Ignore me.

In which case, I'd expect us to have at least 2k at Millwall.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We never take 2000 to Millwall, well in the last 10 years or so. People are put off by this fixture.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
it's only a few miles from Palace though :rolleyes:

We can take 3k to Chalton on a Tuesday night and Palace and yet on a saturday at Millwall our turn outs are poor.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
My favourite away........Market Porter for a couple of hours - then to a tame ground
with plenty of banter.

Oh and living twenty minutes from the New Den helps!!! :)

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
We never take 2000 to Millwall, well in the last 10 years or so. People are put off by this fixture.

I think we might do this time. Millwall away is one of those games that always seems to have been midweek in recent years, so being on a Saturday will obviously help. Also, with so few southern games this season I imagine lots of people that wouldn't normally have gone to Millwall will make an exception this time. And obviously there are a few newcomers/returnees that might fancy it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We can take 3k to Chalton on a Tuesday night and Palace and yet on a saturday at Millwall our turn outs are poor.
Indeed. Put simply, there is a significant number (which is reducing) of football fans across the country who can't be arsed with going to see Millwall (home or away) because they conclude it isn't worth the hassle.

The way some of them behaved at the Amex is case in point. It isn't the pop eyed goons who spend the whole game looking for aggro with oppositions fans that bother me so much - there are always similar minded muppets on the other side. It's the needless unpleasant and often unavoidable twattery that goes on after the game that puts me off. Anecdotal tales on here of racially abusing policemen (when safely in a mob), or scuffling with people (who aren't themselves looking for trouble) at the train station, or even the example of some Albion fan on here being spat a mouthful of abuse when he offered a Millwall fan a light on the way out of the ground. It's f***ing ODD, and most sane people have better things to do.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Upper tier holds 2300 plus 1500 lower tier if required.

Been to all the games at the New Den by train and never experienced any problems at the ground nor South Bermondsey station - sometimes lively back at London Bridge afterwards, though. Always leave straight after the game finishes which gets you to the station before they do due to the special walkway from the away end.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Upper tier holds 2300 plus 1500 lower tier if required.

Been to all the games at the New Den by train and never experienced any problems at the ground nor South Bermondsey station - sometimes lively back at London Bridge afterwards, though. Always leave straight after the game finishes which gets you to the station before they do due to the special walkway from the away end.

Agreed. I've been to The Den (old and new) 13 times and the only time it ever got a bit tense was when we knocked them out of the Play Off in 1991.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Six of us going----Im the only one going to wear green/black but I am 56 compered to the 20 year olds Im going with! Tosspotts!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
When do tickets come out?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Always ends up being pay on the day and don't see this season being any different. Still better to get one before you go.

I quite like to head into New Cross after the match, as I live quite local and never get any trouble.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

1979 (?) Gillette Final at Lord's was same day as Millwall away. I remember being very grateful for an excuse to give The Den a miss. Clear memories of standing in front of the Tavern, beer in hand, chanting: "We all agree, Ian Botham's a wanker" but no idea what the score was except for the fact we won. We also broke into a chorus of "Seagulls" when football results came through ... 4-1 win plus a Malcolm Poskett hat-trick if memory serves. Always felt a bit guilty for bottling the football.

I could always check the details but would rather stick to my personal version of history ... I'm quite happy with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here