Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Let's spin this out anyway, and get the thread up to 2,000 posts :mad:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

I love that saying. My old lecturer used to use that a lot in my engineering course.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't really get why the club would bother, surely they would just let the speculation drift ???

Well, one analysis could be that they know that NSC has whipped itself up into a lather about Calleri and/or Bolanos and they also know that they're not going to happen, so rather than allow the rabid excitement continue to build, it's better to gently manage expectations down a bit via well-connected people. Managed down to Derbyshire, say, or Owen.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
This is another on off saga - Bozza says no, Twitter alive with yes - I guess Bozza is the better bet on this though.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
another red herring, although I thought this one might have had legs :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well, one analysis could be that they know that NSC has whipped itself up into a lather about Calleri and/or Bolanos and they also know that they're not going to happen, so rather than allow the rabid excitement continue to build, it's better to gently manage expectations down a bit via well-connected people. Managed down to Derbyshire, say, or Owen.

Exactly what is going on. PR.

<Expectation>Bolanos, <Reality>Skalaka = disguntled, dissappointed fans

<Expectation>Derbyshire, <Reality>Skalaka = very happy fans*

*bar one, obviously

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Twenty pages in an afternoon, and still no changes, no developments. NSC at it's finest!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Maybe the club just want this REALLY secret and announce it without it getting leaked, Thats what Im hoping for,

I wondered that - but it's a hell of a risk to burn two well connected people. There's a very small number of times that the club could deliberately mislead those individuals (or indeed any others) before their ability to manage the spin was lost forever.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Let's be honest we didn't let 20 or so "it's certainly not going to happen" set backs through us off the JC thread - I'm not sure whether we hold the nerve here or just accept Bozza is right! Hold the unnerve

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Maybe the club just want this REALLY secret and announce it without it getting leaked, Thats what Im hoping for,

Yes I'm sure the club would like to have half a chance of announcing the clubs biggest ever signing (whoever it ends up being) in a controlled way rather than let it splurt out over twitter and internet forums. The reality is in this modern age Twitter seems to be several hours head of the actual official news albeit fact is often surrounded by plenty of fiction.

It must make the job of the PR at the club a bit of a nightmare as you are very rarely in control of the announcements.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.
There are also unknown knowns. Things that we didn't realise we know.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What on EARTH is going on?

Also [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I assume that in the same phonecall, they reassured you that Bolanos isn't happening because *INSERT PLAYER HERE* is happening instead, correct?

*cough* Matt Derbyshire *cough*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here