Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Miller Bolanos

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's times like this that you start to think people who accuse BG of being a wind up account might be on to something.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My last word on this the poster, probably by mistake, put it down as 7 and 8 zeros which is 700m obviously this was a mistake, as I pointed out to clarify and now some of the 'I am never wrong posters' tried to say that I was wrong in my assumption that the poster made a mistake and the last 2 zeros may have been meant to indicate 0 pence. End of my point.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So we are signing Bolanos for 10 million Euros, and getting 7 million pounds cashback as part of the deal ???

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Why are people so loathed to belive Albion would spend 10 million Euros on a player ?
We are on the edge of the Premier League chaps half the season gone, this is what we will need to spend and should be.
Its not a great deal compared to other clubs is it ?
If this IS true well done Mr Bloom and Mr Barber and our Scouts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that TB will spend that plus in the summer if we get promoted but do not think he would do it to get promotion. That is not to say I am right, he may well do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why are people so loathed to belive Albion would spend 10 million Euros on a player ?
This is the bit I don't get.

I know many many fans still have 'small club syndrome' as shown by some of their quite frankly bizarre recommendations.

But even with this tag, my flabber is truly agast at posters not being bat pooh crazy excited just by the conversation.

I can't wait till January.
Sure there's a nagging little voice saying 'they'll buy Leon Best', but that's all the more reason to enjoy the fun, now.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
This is the bit I don't get.

I know many many fans still have 'small club syndrome' as shown by some of their quite frankly bizarre recommendations.

But even with this tag, my flabber is truly agast at posters not being bat pooh crazy excited just by the conversation.

I can't wait till January.
Sure there's a nagging little voice saying 'they'll buy Leon Best', but that's all the more reason to enjoy the fun, now.

Leon Best can **** off

SFI

Jul 27, 2011
Brighton struggle at the bottom of the table, shout from the rooftops hoping clubs who've spent big sums fall foul of FFP.

Brighton competing near the top of the table, getting excited about possibly spending 10m euros on a player.

Yup.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do you not think we were keeping our powder dry to see what happened with FFP, and now that we've seen that it's all a big load of bollocks that we're starting to really spend?

I think FFP has been changed so that we are on a 3 year accounting period, in line with Premier League rules. This means it is possible to push the boat out this season and go for it, but with the downside being if we don't get up this year or next, year 3 will be a season playing with what is left after we have sold all our better players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think FFP has been changed so that we are on a 3 year accounting period, in line with Premier League rules. This means it is possible to push the boat out this season and go for it, but with the downside being if we don't get up this year or next, year 3 will be a season playing with what is left after we have sold all our better players.

That probably explains why signings have generally been given a 3 yr contract.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
13 million loss allowable this year I believe as special one off conditions then a 39 million allowable loss over 3 seasons comes in next season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton struggle at the bottom of the table, shout from the rooftops hoping clubs who've spent big sums fall foul of FFP.

Brighton competing near the top of the table, getting excited about possibly spending 10m euros on a player.

Yup.
Please show us your accounting figures to show that buying this player will cause the albion to fail FFP. ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

My point is that massively flouting FFP (a la QPR) carries no punishment whatsoever. Even Forest's has been pitiful at best. There is NO reason to stick to FFP other than being the good boy who does his school work diligently while all the rest cheat off the boffin and get higher marks.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yup.

Anybody would think you hadn't heard that the cap for FFP losses has been dramatically raised this season.

Also, what's happened to you since you posted this in September?

All the best for the season, you watched whilst others spent millions on marquee players breaking the rules, whilst you played fair.

Deserve all the success you get.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
My point is that massively flouting FFP (a la QPR) carries no punishment whatsoever. Even Forest's has been pitiful at best. There is NO reason to stick to FFP other than being the good boy who does his school work diligently while all the rest cheat off the boffin and get higher marks.

Don't think forests has been pitiful at all. They've ended up with o grady

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here