Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midland seagulls

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Certainly worth bouncing this thread when the fixtures are out, so we can arrange car-sharing - mainly home games, as we usually have a car-load for away games.

I've already offered a local WHU fan a trip to Falmer, but for some reason he wasn't very pleased!

You are twenty minutes from me. Have you joined the East Mids group?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have got a season ticket at Amex and will endeavour to go to as many home games as work allows, so willing to give any east side midlanders a lift down.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It would be good if our fans around the country could have a scheme to be able to get tickets for our away matces which may be nearer them without having a tickets for the Amex or could book some of the walk up tickets at the Amex. This would help to build our fan base.
Seagulls over Mid Sussex

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It would be good if our fans around the country could have a scheme to be able to get tickets for our away matces which may be nearer them without having a tickets for the Amex or could book some of the walk up tickets at the Amex. This would help to build our fan base.
Seagulls over Mid Sussex

All Rangers Supporters Clubs get a few tickets to European games regardless. Would be a good idea for us to do something similar.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Speaking to a bloke in the Vat and Fiddle prior to the Notts game he said that Albion would be keeping a record of people who went to away games. The more games you went to the bigger the points regardless of whether you have a season ticket or not. Dunno if this is BS or what though.

Edit: the more points then the bigger priority for away games. Again not sure if this is BS or not.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Speaking to a bloke in the Vat and Fiddle prior to the Notts game he said that Albion would be keeping a record of people who went to away games. The more games you went to the bigger the points regardless of whether you have a season ticket or not. Dunno if this is BS or what though.

No, you're right DG..... they are going to run an away loyalty scheme. Problem will be season ticket holders (of which there are 16000) will get first preference on the initial away games.

How will you first get the ticket to attend the away game and thus earn the away loyalty points?

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
No, you're right DG..... they are going to run an away loyalty scheme. Problem will be season ticket holders (of which there are 16000) will get first preference on the initial away games.

How will you first get the ticket to attend the away game and thus earn the away loyalty points?

Not many ST holders will be travelling from Brighton (I hope) to Away's. Bigger stadiums=bigger allocations. But I heard these loyalty schemes wouldn't matter if you had ST's or not.

Has there been anything offical from the club yet? , i heard that 'insider' said all will be revealed in the summer.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Must remember to order away tickets via the club, rather than POTG...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

No way will we sell out: Middlesborough, Leeds, Barnsley, Doncaster, Burnley, Hull, Cardiff, Swansea, Derby, Coventry or Forest .
That's about half of the games that you should have no trouble getting a ticket for and you should get good loyalty points for as well.

If Wigan and Blackburn are relegated and Hudderfield promoted then you can include them in that list as well.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
you can include US northamptonshire seagulls in the midland group aswell.
i did raise the question a few months back about getting a mini bus sorted to home games with various pick up points on the way, northampton , milton keynes etc.
would this be a logistical nightmare thou??

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
you can include US northamptonshire seagulls in the midland group aswell.
i did raise the question a few months back about getting a mini bus sorted to home games with various pick up points on the way, northampton , milton keynes etc.
would this be a logistical nightmare thou??

I suppose if we were travelling from Derby southwards it would, but we'd need enough interested to make it work, which I don't think there are at the moment.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
I suppose if we were travelling from Derby southwards it would, but we'd need enough interested to make it work, which I don't think there are at the moment.
theres a few in northampton, leicester, coventry and MK have many, so i would have thought that a 12 seater would be no problem to start with, but thats were the logistics come in.... the bus would have to be hired from who's ever 'NORTHEST'

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
theres a few in northampton, leicester, coventry and MK have many, so i would have thought that a 12 seater would be no problem to start with, but thats were the logistics come in.... the bus would have to be hired from who's ever 'NORTHEST'

If we can get enough people that are 100% interested then it could work. This is obviously very difficult, people have work family commitments so it's not easy. I sent an email to the club TWICE (within a month of each other), about trying to inform seagulls in the midlands of trying to form a group and trying to get enough of us together to arrange transport, to which I got NO reply from the club. At this point i gave up. But if you wanna have a go by all means try mate.

EDIT: i sent the emails to the club a year ago.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
Uh
If we can get enough people that are 100% interested then it could work. This is obviously very difficult, people have work family commitments so it's not easy. I sent an email to the club TWICE (within a month of each other), about trying to inform seagulls in the midlands of trying to form a group and trying to get enough of us together to arrange transport, to which I got NO reply from the club. At this point i gave up. But if you wanna have a go by all means try mate.

EDIT: i sent the emails to the club a year ago.

I think you have got to start with how many exiles have season tickets and are going to be travelling down on a regular basis to see if its viable. Then if you have at least 10/12 of us that are willing to all chip in, get a price of hiring a mini bus, but its got to be hired from whoever lives furthest north. I don't mind sorting out a price from the northampton area but that means the likes of yourself would still have to drive down to here to get the bus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here