Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesex v Sussex. LVCC

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Perhaps it was complete bollocks, but in their two minute report from the Sussex game yesterday, the SSN reporter suggested that the GOFF was being considered by Australia for the Oval Test!?

Has this been reported anywhere else? Obviously if it happened, it would scupper the possibilty of him being reclassified as NOT an overseas player.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I wish we would just lose with some dignity, having a thrash isn't going to help now. Div 2 here we come...

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Perhaps it was complete bollocks, but in their two minute report from the Sussex game yesterday, the SSN reporter suggested that the GOFF was being considered by Australia for the Oval Test!?

Has this been reported anywhere else? Obviously if it happened, it would scupper the possibilty of him being reclassified as NOT an overseas player.

This seems quote an incredible thing for the Australian board to consider, as our government has dragged this application out forever I suppose its possible, Goff would have to do this, possibility of a Pfeiffer in an Ashes test match couldnt be turned down.

I would think their is more in the rumours that Joyce may go and focus on Ireland if they get the nodd on getting test match status, again a chance of a legacy that is above county cricket.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
142-5... 124 required, a little delay may not be a bad thing...

50 overs remaining.... a short sharp 'chase' might be a safer bet??

but don't want to lose more than 15 overs or so.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
They are coming back out... they have taken tea and lost just 4 overs... so 46 remaining in this final session.

124 required, 5 wickets in hand.

Nash 50*, Brown 14* and Zaidi, Robinson, Magoffin and Liddle in the hutch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They are coming back out... we have taken tea and lost just 4 overs... so 46 remaining in this final session.

Good. Unlikley though a win is, we really need the chance.

Can't see the paltry draw points keeping us up.

Obviously I withold the right to pray for it to HOSE down, when we are 9 down in 20 minutes time.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They are coming back out... we have taken tea and lost just 4 overs... so 46 remaining in this final session.

It needs to be sensible partnership play and not slogging if we have any chance and Nash to stay in as long as possible (jinxs wicket)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bet365 call the draw no-bet market as Middlesex 5/6, Sussex 5/6

Probably worth a cheeky punt on Middlesex I should think?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nash going mental. 2/4/4, brings up the 50 partnership. :clap2:

I think we all know what's about to happen...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here