Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough Vs Brighton & Hove Albion *****Official Match Thread*****

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Incredible atmosphere at the game.

Got to say it was a masterstroke by Karanka to play Nugent in front of Rhodes.

Didn't really see the red card tackle, so cannot comment.

Boro just about deserved the point IMO.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Oh shit He has buggered off as well, bless him. I hate to be rude to people just in case it is maybe just a young lad who just wanted to talk about the match. Oooooooopps

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hi Brighton.... I hope it's OK I popped by. A positive should be that Brighton are a good side, and easily better than the other play off teams. I hope you can show that now, and will be cheering you on. I really wanted today to be a bore draw promotion for both of us.

Funnily enough I thought the ref gave your boss a bit today too. Didn't think he was as terrible as stone are saying.

If I'm honest, I don't think there's much between our teams. BUT.... Boro could easily have been 3-0 at half time. Your boys looked the more nervous, and made some defensive mistakes.

Second half was a different story, but you didn't really have any chances. Even your goal was a ball being headed back across.... was never a 'shot', but he did really well to make it. Our keeper was poor for that.

Watching you against Derby, I was afraid of you attacking with pace, but it never really happened. Knockheart was quiet. He looked GREAT against Derby.

**** off!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Oh shit He has buggered off as well, bless him. I hate to be rude to people just in case it is maybe just a young lad who just wanted to talk about the match. Oooooooopps

Or a girl! Too late now - hush your mouth! :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Boro were meant to be a good team? Seemed to be like their usual deep defence even against ten men. Only one team worse than them for defensive football and that is Wednesday.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It was Stuani. The commentator kept going on about some new "second phase" offside rule, which sounds rather odd. Had he been yards offside when the kick was taken, standing next to Stockdale for example, would he still not have been offside?

Part of the offside rule is that you're offside if you gain an advantage by being in an offside position and/or if you're interfering with an opponent. Well, in my book, if you're in the middle of the penalty area when a free kick comes in, which means that defenders and the goalkeeper have to mark you/ be aware of you, then you're interfering with play and gaining an advantage by being in that position. He also gained an advantage as he was offside from the original pass meaning that he was ahead of the defenders who were marking him when the ball was played across from the second pass in the move. And just to be clear, they don't need to touch the ball to be offside as long as they're either interfering with an opponent or they gain an advantage by being in that position, so this second phase of play bollocks isn't relevant in this situation.

Basically, this shouldn't even be a debate. It's offside, it just wasn't given as offside.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I dont understand is people saying we played well we didnt. Had we played at 80% of our ability we would have scored 2 goals even with the refs antics and debatable offside goal. I am sure that privately and not said in public, CH would not have been happy with the general performance as a team and of the individuals you expect to stand up and be counted. I have said all along I think Derby will win the play ioffs and saw nothing today to make me change my mind but how I hope I am wrong. The major problem is lifting the players for Friday at Sheffield Wednesday.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
To make my day complete. 400 yards from my house there has been a very loud promotion party.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I thought we did play well, it was a cracking atmosphere, I think the ref got it wrong when I was there, however I couldn't see the injury and people were texting me saying it was bad.

I hope Stephens can get his card reversed as he was the best player on the pitch, lets hope by the second leg we are in it with Dunk and Stephens back in the squad.

The possibility of a day out at Wembley and all that brings is exciting and should be enough to have everyone back up and energised - Come on the Albion we only lost out by 2 goals lets finish it off over the next three games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here