Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough Vs Brighton & Hove Albion *****Official Match Thread*****

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Mate, one is allowed to express disappointment. Today was shit, no way round it. I'll support the team whatever happens but we've been struck a huge blow with Dale gone.
Agree with you. The Stephens red card was wrong and will probably be a major factor in Us Not winning promotion via the play offs.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Too many didn't turn up, Hemed and Baldock were anonymous in the first half, Knockaert was crowded out of it and Murphy didn't do a thing, no wonder we couldn't get a shot on target in the first half.

It's ok to blame Mike Dean but too many of our players didn't perform as we know they could and that is why we drew.

AND THATS ABOUT RIGHT
we need Chris to get them up for the play-offs otherwise it all be for nothing

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Too many didn't turn up, Hemed and Baldock were anonymous in the first half, Knockaert was crowded out of it and Murphy didn't do a thing, no wonder we couldn't get a shot on target in the first half.

It's ok to blame Mike Dean but too many of our players didn't perform as we know they could and that is why we drew.

I think you have to give Boro credit for their performance. They closed everyone down within seconds. I don't think anyone played bad. They were just countered by the opposition. - They were a good side today, although what I would say, half of them were never ****in off their arse all day.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think you have to give Boro credit for their performance. They closed everyone down within seconds. I don't think anyone played bad. They were just countered by the opposition. - They were a good side today, although what I would say, half of them were never ****in off their arse all day.

Summed up nicely all of it

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No chance of it being rescinded, ref has to agree doesn't he? He has already let a Boro player change his mind, he won't change it again. Disgraceful refereeing in such a massive game. I suggest we might have gone on to win with 11

I don't know how it would work, but to appeal would be nothing to lose. Calde did a few years ago.

Stephens had just had handbags moments beforehand so the ref probably thought he was over aggressive. It has been argued on TV that it looked like he meant to get the red out. It was an unfortunate football incident and I don't really blame the ref.

If he had the benefit of replays their goal wouldn't be given and Stephens I doubt would be sent off. We were certainly on top and begining to turn the screw at that point.

On another day that would have been a great point against the odds.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think you have to give Boro credit for their performance. They closed everyone down within seconds.

This is what Derby did to us too. I just hope Sheffield Wednesday don't do this to us, and that Hull beat Derby.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

I'd have loved us to have done the same if we were in front, Hughton has a hell of a job to get the team ready for Friday

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Second time I've agreed with you today, but think you have hit the nail on the head. Boro away was always going to be a tough game, and once that tw@@ Dean sent off Stephens we had little chance.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They had a man offside in the middle. May have been Stuani. Whether he was 'in play' at the time is debatable.

It was Stuani. The commentator kept going on about some new "second phase" offside rule, which sounds rather odd. Had he been yards offside when the kick was taken, standing next to Stockdale for example, would he still not have been offside?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here