Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michał Karbownik

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gone under the radar a bit but he’d got himself back in the Polish squad for their game against Albania on Monday and was on the bench. I’m assuming RDZ will want a look in the summer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He looked very good against Leicester and thought would be considered for squad. Next minute out on loan. I think he came with Moder. Sometimes face doesn't fit

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He looked very good against Leicester and thought would be considered for squad. Next minute out on loan. I think he came with Moder. Sometimes face doesn't fit
When I’ve seen him play, his Achilles heel is giving the ball away cheaply. That is something that Potter would not tolerate and neither will RDZ. However, that’s the sort of thing that experience really helps fix. If he has got that weakness out of his game, there is certainly a role as back-up for Pervis in the squad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When I’ve seen him play, his Achilles heel is giving the ball away cheaply. That is something that Potter would not tolerate and neither will RDZ. However, that’s the sort of thing that experience really helps fix. If he has got that weakness out of his game, there is certainly a role as back-up for Pervis in the squad.
Has he finally decided he doesn't mind playing LB then?

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
We happened to be in Dusseldorf a couple of weeks back and saw him in a 1-1 against Heidenheim who are challenging for automatic promotion. Was generally very tidy at LB. Got done for the Heidenheim opener, but was always a danger going forward and put in a lovely cross for the equaliser. Based solely on that one game, definitely a player there but needs work on defensive side of the game.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Two possibilities.

One his call up and improved form means that RDZ wants to incorporate him into the squad and we've got proper back up at LB

Two his call up and improved form aren't enough to convince RDZ to give him a number, in which case we sell him as a current international, so get a few quid more for him than we would have done.

Either are positive

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
His loan has a buy option, so De Zerbi may not get the chance to have a look at him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
His loan has a buy option, so De Zerbi may not get the chance to have a look at him.
It seems that Fortuna can’t afford the buy-option so I suspect that RDZ will get the chance to put him through his paces in pre-season. If he has fixed his defending/possession/passing issues, he could be an option.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He looked very good on his debut against Leicester and was surprised was sent out on loan

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
He's a right footed LB if I remember right, looks like he played LB for most of his time in Dueselldorf, a few appearances in MF.

If he could step up that would be great, as we'd have a choice of fullback for each side with players like Gross and (hopefully) Milner being able to slot in their from CM when needed.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It’s certainly a position we could do with depth. Takes a certain type of person to be back-up behind potentially our best player though. Could be an easy fix to one of our squad building issues though if he’s ready.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It seems that Fortuna can’t afford the buy-option so I suspect that RDZ will get the chance to put him through his paces in pre-season. If he has fixed his defending/possession/passing issues, he could be an option.

3M Euros? Not much, is it - less than we paid for him (according to Transfermarkt anyway). Back-up to Pervis? - is he any better than Furlong, another LB who is (AFAIK) returning to us from loan this summer?

Bridub

Jun 13, 2023
3M Euros? Not much, is it - less than we paid for him (according to Transfermarkt anyway). Back-up to Pervis? - is he any better than Furlong, another LB who is (AFAIK) returning to us from loan this summer?
17 games for Motherwell. They went from rock bottom to 7th. He’s very fast, accurate passer and very difficult to get by. Did very well against Kyogo and Tavenier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here