Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen won't be joining The Albion

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
He's lost it anyway, he just thinks he can cut it in the PL.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
That's not his account, my mate saw him the other day buying a corn beef slice in greggs with a top man bag on western road! He is Amex bound!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He sounds like a dick to be fair. Hes been second rate for years, in fact the so called peak years for a footballer and he's clearly not up for a challenge.

That accounts for my feelings.

Maybe his ego could not cope with "Former superstar playing against Ipswich Town (or whoever)".

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Dear @themichaelowen
Not being disrespectful when saying I wouldn't play in The Championship.
Well you are. Saying you are not doing something before doing it does not have a nullifying effect.
Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.
Yeah what losers they all were, doing crazy egocentric stuff like sticking with their club, taking up a challenge, wanting to play games because they love the sport and even in some rare cases accepting they are not as good as they used to be.
After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England I don't think I would enjoy that football.
Its not like you were with England recently, It didn't really work out at Real, nor for my money at Newcastle, nor for anyone's did your career have a late blossoming at Man U.
If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it.
sounds fair enough
At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing.
Thats fair, it's not the money and if you haven't earned enough you can still win all of JTs money off him.
I know I can still bang them in at the top level
no one else know this though, but many think you could do a bang up job at a pretty high level.
I proved that nearly every time I played for Man Utd.
How many times was that? How many of them were 'top' games? The first step is acceptance.
At 32, still got a few years in me.
Yes you have, but not at the very top, and a club with a good doc would be a good idea, I'm not trying to entice you here by saying that but given you allege you want to play with your injury record that should be a top priority.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Dear @themichaelowen

Well you are. Saying you are not doing something before doing it does not have a nullifying effect.

Yeah what losers they all were, doing crazy egocentric stuff like sticking with their club, taking up a challenge, wanting to play games because they love the sport and even in some rare cases accepting they are not as good as they used to be.

Its not like you were with England recently, It didn't really work out at Real, nor for my money at Newcastle, nor for anyone's did your career have a late blossoming at Man U.
sounds fair enough Thats fair, it's not the money and if you haven't earned enough you can still win all of JTs money off him. no one else know this though, but many think you could do a bang up job at a pretty high level.
How many times was that? How many of them were 'top' games? The first step is acceptance.
Yes you have, but not at the very top, and a club with a good doc would be a good idea, I'm not trying to entice you here by saying that but given you allege you want to play with your injury record that should be a top priority.

:lol: Cant sleep?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Dear @themichaelowen

sounds fair enough Thats fair, it's not the money and if you haven't earned enough you can still win all of JTs money off him. no one else know this though, but many think you could do a bang up job at a pretty high level.

I'd love the cocky little midget to read that. Well played.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
The fact is that most young people would kill for a successful career in football, and he has the arrogance to say he's only going to get out of bed in the morning if he's playing for a PL team?

What a bellend.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Tried to sound humble while saying, "I'm too good for the Championship."

Didn't work.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well what a pompous twat.

I am sure Bruno felt the same moving from Valencia to little old championship football.

Fair enough owen....f*** off in your retirement then.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
At least not this season..

From his twitter:

Not being disrespectful when saying I wouldn't play in The Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done. After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England I don't think I would enjoy that football. If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it. At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing. I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Man Utd. At 32, still got a few years in me.

He mentioned Newcastle this time. Last time he didn't - and they went mental. :)

I guess he doesn't want to drop down because he'll get found out.

Very disappointing career. Looked odds on to break the England record when he was in his early 20s.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So Owen is not going to join us or any other club in the Championship? Does anyone care? Owen is very much a has been and not what we need to mount a challenge for the EPL this season.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
At least not this season..

From his twitter:

Not being disrespectful when saying I wouldn't play in The Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done. After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England I don't think I would enjoy that football. If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it. At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing. I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Man Utd. At 32, still got a few years in me.
He`s only at manure because he is stable mates with fergie

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I saw this, this morning and thought pretty much exaclty what everyone is thinking - what a twat. Can't believe he feels comfortable with saying, "always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done" - pompous self-righteous prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here