Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen won't be joining The Albion

ads52

Jul 31, 2011
At least not this season..

From his twitter:

Not being disrespectful when saying I wouldn't play in The Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done. After playing for Liverpool, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Man Utd and England I don't think I would enjoy that football. If a good opportunity doesn't come my way then so be it. At this stage of my career it has to be something that I'm going to enjoy doing. I know I can still bang them in at the top level. I proved that nearly every time I played for Man Utd. At 32, still got a few years in me.

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
How many times will this thread be posted before people give up on Owen ever signing for us???

I don't want to see him in a BHA shirt anyways! What part of "he is crap" don't people understand?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
31 games and 5 goals in 3 years,who would seriously be stupid enough to want this sick note?
Always liked him but to think with that record he has the cheek to think he can join anyone!sad state of affairs:nono:

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
No desire, why would anyone want him?

If I was ever good enough to play professionally, I would want be remembered for playing and not remembered for how much ££££ I made. (the modern day footballer hey)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He fell out of love with football years ago.

Nah! Football fell out of love with him

.. ..............it was about the time that he got so busy chasing his horses round the country that he couldn't get fit enough to play more than a couple of consecutive games.

He goes on tonight to say that he proved himself at Liverpool/Newcastle/Man U that he could score goals at the top but it's all past glories isn't it....... not something he wants to hear and certainly not something he will acknowledge.
If and when no-one comes in to pay him what he thinks he is worth it will be their shortsightedness and he will justify retiring to train donkeys :nono:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
BREAKING! Neither will Billy Painter, Jamie Moralee, Scott McGleash, Zigic, Craig Pawson or my Nan. All people I'd like to see in a 2012/13 Brighton shirt more than Michael Owen. And my Nan's dead.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
If the money was there he would play Rymans or whatever it is now.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
At least not this season..

From his twitter:

Not being disrespectful when saying I wouldn't play in The Championship. Always said I wouldn't drop down the leagues like some have done.
I bet he will reconsider when we are in the Premiership and he is on his last few £mill

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He sounds like a dick to be fair. Hes been second rate for years, in fact the so called peak years for a footballer and he's clearly not up for a challenge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here