Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Met Gus today and.....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I apologise for my initials, and only have I now realised there is a vague resemble to the palace.

Why start this account when you have another one all ready up and running?

Name and shame Tony...

It was clearly a wind up - either that or a very thick take on 2 completely different answers...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'm amazed that people still fall for this kind of shit. Really, just ignore it. Even if it was someone THAT stupid surely they aren't worth the energy anyway.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting thread. At the end of the day the club can't do any more than they're doing to keep Gus happy, and he DOES genuinely seem happy at the moment.

It's interesting what he says about one justification for a manager leaving a club as not being able to take that club any further. When it boils down to it, outside of the Top 5 in the running for Champions League, all clubs are pretty much in the same boat and if Boro and Fulham can both reach the UEFA Cup Final then there's no reason the Albion can't do it, in theory.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm amazed that people still fall for this kind of shit. Really, just ignore it. Even if it was someone THAT stupid surely they aren't worth the energy anyway.

Fuckin' usual crock of shit that turns up here once a week. Wonder if it's the same person who just re-invents themselves
Read the whole thread guys. :lol:

In any case it would be pretty surprising if Gus is still our manager in 15 to 30 years, wouldn't it?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Poyet is ambitious although he clearly stated last week he could be here for a long time,but on the other hand how many managers stay for long these days?he will be here for at least another 2 years and if he leaves then good luck to him.:D

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Gus tried to buy a flat in Brighton but Calderon nipped in and got it first. December (?) version of FourFourTwo's interview said so.

Quote: Gus's Residential situation
With regards to property, again - possibly because of his accent and that I am more used to it and can understand him a little bit easier - he actually said that he had not bought a property in Brighton yet because of his children, and also because it was only a 45 min drive (what he did not say however was that he makes that 45 min drive before 7am and is always first at the training ground!).

As I recall a similar excuse, i.e living too far away, was given to Alan Mullery when he was sacked in 1986. so watch out Gus

"The reason given for Mullery's sacking the 2nd time around as manager, was that he wouldn't move nearer to Brighton to live.

He lived near Banstead crossroads just off of the A217 Sutton by pass.

Martin Hinshlewood lived in Selsey.

If both left home at 8.45 am to drive to The Goldstone for training who would have arrived first. I think Mullery by a good few minutes. Even possibly before Barry LLoyd who lived in Arundel Road in Worthing."

and we have existed for 110 years. In that time we had 33 management appointments (some like adams and Mullery have supped at the poinsoned chalice more than once, so they count as more than 1 management spell)

So for every manager appointment has an average lifespan at BHA of 3 years and and 241 days. (1336 days)

At a rough count i have Gus being BHA manager for 473 days.

So that leaves around 863 days before he leaves - another 2 years and 133 days - which should see him leave around June 2013

Feb 16, 2011
BRIGHTON ...
BullShit.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Had the opportunity to meet Gus today, and a couple of things came across.

He does not see Brighton as his long term plan, he quite clearly stated that he is not like alex ferguson, or arsene in their long term loyalty, and that being young he feels he needs to move around to learn new things.

He will put a strong team out against Stoke, and his belief is that stoke will not be able to play to their advantage of throw ins, and set plays, etc. If they cannot get the ball. He definitely said that Glenn would be playing.

Real zaragozza have offered pre season friendly. Challenge in getting top premiership teams is their involvement in pre euro qualifications.

Martin Perry also spoke and infered that all season tickets are expected to be sold out by start of season. Stadium is on schedule to the day.

That is all!

Other than that comes across very well,

FUD!

CPT1 (I wonder what CP stands for?)

THREE POSTS ONLY

Gus saying 'He does not see Brighton as his long term plan' is like me writing

Yeah met Gus today and he gave me his bank account details.

Jeez, what borrox!

TNBA

TTF

PS CPFOH!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Gus tried to buy a flat in Brighton but Calderon nipped in and got it first. December (?) version of FourFourTwo's interview said so.

The subject of Gus living in Brighton came up in a conversation with him last year. He stated that he has had a number of flats lined up but loan signings and the newer players have taken them off him. I offered him my flat at mates rates, he laughed and thought i was joking!

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Had the opportunity to meet Gus today, and a couple of things came across.

He does not see Brighton as his long term plan, he quite clearly stated that he is not like alex ferguson, or arsene in their long term loyalty, and that being young he feels he needs to move around to learn new things.

He will put a strong team out against Stoke, and his belief is that stoke will not be able to play to their advantage of throw ins, and set plays, etc. If they cannot get the ball. He definitely said that Glenn would be playing.

Real zaragozza have offered pre season friendly. Challenge in getting top premiership teams is their involvement in pre euro qualifications.

Martin Perry also spoke and infered that all season tickets are expected to be sold out by start of season. Stadium is on schedule to the day.

That is all!

Other than that comes across very well,

How did this conversation start, did you just ask him if he see's us as his long term future or did he randomly just tell you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here