Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Messi accused of using racist term

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Things are different in other countries, we may disapprove, but we don't have any right to tell them how to act. Getting all high and mighty certainly won't change anything. At all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People dont seem to mind with john terry, he's been tried and convicted on the basis of some far from conclusive youtube evidence and hearsay.

If John Terry isn't a racsist tosser he is still a tosser.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The word may not be racist in itself but what Derenth is saying is that it was used in a derogatory way which means their was possible racist intent.

Thing I don't get about the Anti PC brigade is why is it necessary to bring someone's race, nationality or sexual preference into it? If someone is a **** it is not these things that make him/her a **** so just call them a **** instead of a black ****, gay **** or whatever.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
The word may not be racist in itself but what Derenth is saying is that it was used in a derogatory way which means their was possible racist intent.

Indeed, doesn't matter how it is used in South America, its how the person says it.

On Drenthe I heard this story on the Football Ramble:
4am on his very first weekend in Spain and Royston Drenthe's SatNav said turn right, so he did - straight into an oncoming police car.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I read a bit of this in the Sun today... What is the reason for this story coming out? It's an alleged comment made to a journeyman nobody footballer in another country over a year ago. Why are the papers interested? It's such a non-event, so utterly pointless.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I read a bit of this in the Sun today... What is the reason for this story coming out? It's an alleged comment made to a journeyman nobody footballer in another country over a year ago. Why are the papers interested? It's such a non-event, so utterly pointless.

Great point apart from the fact you declined to mention that it involves the best and currently most famous footballer in the world right now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Great point apart from the fact you declined to mention that it involves the best and currently most famous footballer in the world right now.

So what? Seriously, I'm completely at a loss to understand why this is "newsworthy". Which the papers think it is, they've reported it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So what? Seriously, I'm completely at a loss to understand why this is "newsworthy". Which the papers think it is, they've reported it.

If you are concerned about what is 'newsworthy' why the funk are you reading the sun?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Thing I don't get about the Anti PC brigade is why is it necessary to bring someone's race, nationality or sexual preference into it? If someone is a **** it is not these things that make him/her a **** so just call them a **** instead of a black ****, gay **** or whatever.

completely reasonable.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
then you are part of the problem.
Because I don't like racism or homophobic behaviour, you see me as part of the problem. That says more about you than me.

BHA Benny

Feb 10, 2012
Burgess hill
must be fake, i think he's one of the greatest players in the world that's setting all these new records. Would he really ruin the season by saying somthing out of line???

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
must be fake, i think he's one of the greatest players in the world that's setting all these new records. Would he really ruin the season by saying somthing out of line???

Would Zidane really ruin memories of his career and his last game by head butting a player and getting sent off in a World Cup Final?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here