Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mens Walking Boots

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My Meindl’s are still going strong after 13 years.

Great walking boots.

I’d buy the Meindl Toronto again but no longer made. The sole at the front around the toe gets sliced away by sharp, glacial scree. Would still pay £120 every 4 years for the shoe due to the lightness. I might try the Kansas.

I’ put a photo on of the damage tomorrow.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I bought a pair of Berghaus Supalite Ii Gtx Boot, High Rise Hiking Boots after trying a number of different ones. They weigh less than a kilo, waterproof, GoreTex, Ortholite footbed. For meandering around downland and across grass the unlikely downfall of most hiking boots is wet grass...rain beads and falls off, wet grass doesn't and the water permeates...so I needed boots that wouldn't get wet in wet grass. If you're a trail hiker then the fabric based waterproof ones may suit you.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Anyone know the brands our defence were wearing in the last minute, they seemed comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I bought a pair of Berghaus Supalite Ii Gtx Boot, High Rise Hiking Boots after trying a number of different ones. They weigh less than a kilo, waterproof, GoreTex, Ortholite footbed. For meandering around downland and across grass the unlikely downfall of most hiking boots is wet grass...rain beads and falls off, wet grass doesn't and the water permeates...so I needed boots that wouldn't get wet in wet grass. If you're a trail hiker then the fabric based waterproof ones may suit you.

Yes these were the business when brasher made them before they sold them to Berghaus.
I am looking to get a pair of these.
Out of interest did you ever have the brasher ones?and if so can you notice any difference between the Berghaus and brasher versions?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
interetsing thread , wouldnt mind a pair but they all look so ugly,

I know its for walking but could they be worn in a pub and none of those listed I'd be comfortable doing that.

Timberlands do the job and double up for me but hoping to see some more replies

Worth a look at Grenson. Pretty pricey but if you shop around can get them in sales. Bought their hiker boots Brady and Bobby more than half price in January.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Yes these were the business when brasher 5made them before they sold them to Berghaus.
Out of interest did you ever have the brasher ones?and if so can you notice any difference between the Berghaus and brasher versions?

I'm guilty of over researching things, in short you'd find Berghaus Supalite Ii Gtx Boot brings the weight and footbed improvement, but with the one piece leather approach, design, eyelets and good tread that wearers throughout the versions have loved so much. There's not a lot to go wrong, which I like because I'm not kind to footwear.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I recently bought a pair of Merrell MOAB midlength (just over ankles) for about £90. Too soon to give a full report, but I am pleased with them. Comfortable, seem to be waterproof. I do country walks of 3-6 miles. Would be quite happy to wear them into a pub, if only...

I have had the Merrell Devertas for about 2 years now and so far they have kept my feet as dry as a bone and they are ridiculously comfortable like wearing slippers, excellent boots.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Yes these were the business when brasher made them before they sold them to Berghaus.

Also Brasher and Berghaus were in collaboration for over a decade so the boots became formally one in the same, then merged to the one Berghaus you see today.

Sussex Hopburner

Sep 19, 2019
Had many pairs over the years... north face at the moment which are comfortable but leak after a while. Brasher's were good but the best pair I had was a Teva.. great looking, waterproof, comfy. Stumbled across them at the Outdoor Shop in Lewes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Also Brasher and Berghaus were in collaboration for over a decade so the boots became formally one in the same, then merged to the one Berghaus you see today.

That's great and thanks for replying.
I used to wear these when brasher made them and was going to pop into town to have a look at the Berghaus version literally just before all the covid started.
From what you have said and a few other reviews I think I shall just take the plunge and order them online.
Thanks very much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Timberland have a sale on right now - looks to be a lot of styles and sizes: https://www.timberland.co.uk/sale.html

Try these codes for extra off (works on different stuff:

10% Off all sale using offer code: THANKYOU10
20% Off selected sale items using discount code: EXTRA20

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My Meindl’s are still going strong after 13 years.

Great walking boots.

Fully agree but these pairs won’t be trusted for anything longer than a day walk. Still fully watertight but less than 2,000 miles.

C2F3787E-CCA3-483D-B92C-A30D2F01052B.jpeg

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Thank you for all the replies. I have plenty to get on with. I think I am even more undecided now lol

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I spent weeks looking for some. I'm a vegetarian so didn't want any in leather and I'm size 13 and many brands don't go beyond 11 or 12. I did finally get some though but it was absolute pain,

I'm sure you'll find it easier :lolol:

You didn't have a problem finding RED shoes when you were much younger #Ripper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here