Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mens Walking Boots

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Another vote for Vasque from me!

I got a pair (from the excellent REI store) when I first moved out to Arizona in 2002.

REI is a great store for the outdoor enthusiast. Maybe not the cheapest but very knowledgeable staff and I like that it's a co-op with a dividend at the end of the year. Good ski and bike maintenance section as well

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'm currently using Brasher Hillmaster GTX. I average 1500 miles p.a., in varied conditions. Leather uppers, so slightly on the heavy side, need breaking in but very supportive and waterproof.

I've used Brasher, Scarpa and Meindel in the past - all good imo.

For a lighter weight boot then I'd consider the Salomon Ultra GTX - I use the equivalent walking shoe in summer months and they are like slippers.

Worth having a proper boot fitting and also investing in decent walking socks and inner soles to compliment the boots.

I look out for deals on www.wiggle.com and www.sportshoes.com websites. Customer service is good.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I've had my Berghaus boots for about 15 years now and they're almost as good as new, having done various trips to the Lake District, Scotland, and regular walks around the country.
Had some Brashers before that which only lasted a couple of years. Make of that what you will.

That’s interesting. I buy Brasher boots but they do only last a few years. The Berghaus Hillwalkers look similar. I think I’ll give those a go. Cheers.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I have some Berghaus Explorers, Goretex really can't fault them for the price . Daily walks over muddy / boggy heathland with the dog for the last six years and still dry and comfortable. Would replace with the same when they give up the ghost. Sizing was bang on as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looking for recommendations for a good, solid pair of waterproof walking boots please.
I usually do a 10- 12k walk each weekend and 3-5k a day, mainly over downland.
Budget around £100

Thankyou in advance

Bought these a couple of weeks ago from Mountain Warehouse. Very pleased.

boots.PNG

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
General question to those of you guys stating waterproof boots
Waterproof like wellies ? Or not quite ?
And are they breathable Or do your feet sweat profusely in them ?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I have some Berghaus Explorers, Goretex really can't fault them for the price . Daily walks over muddy / boggy heathland with the dog for the last six years and still dry and comfortable. Would replace with the same when they give up the ghost. Sizing was bang on as well.

Are they quite solid/rigid or flexible.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My current pair are MW and only 6 months in are falling apart all over and very lumpy. Maybe I was just unlucky

Sorry to hear it. I'll keep fingers crossed.

I'm basically a DM man but the souls of my current pair are worn smooth, which I why I went arse over tit in the mud near Dargate here a few weeks ago. Hence the new boots.???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
General question to those of you guys stating waterproof boots
Waterproof like wellies ? Or not quite ?
And are they breathable Or do your feet sweat profusely in them ?

Breathable.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Berghaus Explorers for me. Only boots I've ever found that were comfortable from the word by go.

Walked many miles in all weathers/terrains.

They are available in either fabric or leather.

Brasher used to be the go-to boot when they were UK made. I know quite a few people who wouldn't wear anything else but once production moved overseas found their new pair were nowhere near as comfortable or durable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here