Meltdown at the Palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well if you are Uncle Albert, I don't mind being Del Boy. Rod/ [MENTION=24092]BIRDMAN[/MENTION] can be Rodney. Jim can have first dibs on Trigger. :smile:
I beg your pardon?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I beg your pardon?

Different spelling but you are more than welcome to take your rightful place. Mind you there are few triggs on here. :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not sure what roads are like to be fair but i left the ground 5 mins after the final whistle, walked back to station and was on a train to Brighton within minutes.

No you didn't, because the police held the Palace fans in the rain for nearly 20 minutes before letting them walk to the station. I met up with one of them by the club shop once they let you go. There were photos taken from the West Upper by our fans to prove it.

Edit: found it on another thread uploadfromtaptalk1363598147304.jpg

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Edna, don't go confusing them anymore than they already are - next you'll be talking about the possibility that some of those 25,000-30,000 people who went to The Goldstone in the 70s and 80s might also have had children who are now supporting the Albion in ever increasing numbers...

Nah! They can't be. We're all plastic JCL's.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yet more wisdom from the Palace faithful on BBS regarding Ulloa's challenge on Murray that sent Judas to the ground:

Ron Dodgers said:
....It looked like an elbow or a wrestling style forearm smash but whatever it was it was an after the ball challenge that was a deff pen and card??

So that's a definite penalty for a challenge on a Palace player in Palace's area. Err....okay.

Someone ought to preserve these for posterity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yet more wisdom from the Palace faithful on BBS regarding Ulloa's challenge on Murray that sent Judas to the ground:

So that's a definite penalty for a challenge on a Palace player in Palace's area. Err....okay.

Someone ought to preserve these for posterity.

Classic

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Someone seriously needs to give them tips on dealing with the public.

I agree with that sentiment , sp shouldn't go on twatter full stop , especially after a defeat . I thought I'd pop in while phallus ( major ) was doing his homework , and I can't argue against the stick sp is getting tbh . I just hope he calls twitter a day no because it doesn't do anyone any favours , only you fecking lot :smile:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I agree with that sentiment , sp shouldn't go on twatter full stop , especially after a defeat . I thought I'd pop in while phallus ( major ) was doing his homework , and I can't argue against the stick sp is getting tbh . I just hope he calls twitter a day no because it doesn't do anyone any favours , only you fecking lot :smile:
SB is just as guilty, although to be fair they've always stated that they're just fans who happen to be in charge. Things like this must make them think whether it is worth all the hassle though.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Parish doesn't do himself any favours does he. How many times does he suggest that one of his detractors " buy me out anytime" I think the bloke who calls him a c**t and suggests that he and Holloway need to " **** off and **** off sharpish" has hit a nerve. Bloke has zero class.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meanwhile at the Selhurst beamback all was not well – apparently the score was the same as at the Amex – they didn’t like that –more people turned up than expected – a Selhurst first! - the picture quality was poor – the beer ran out – it was too expensive (£15) – the food was shite – they lost 3-0.

And on that point, there was something of an EPIC FAIL on dear old Steve's part if this is anything to go by

Beam back of Brighton v Palace 17/03/13 - ** Definitely going ahead ** - Page 18 - CPFC BBS

dgt_69:told to wait for 15 minutes for a hot dog, only to be told there were'nt any in the first place, then the "customer server" lots his rag. Very poor. This is the second time in as many weeks that I have failed to get a hot dog, is there a national shortage? I think however, the worst thing was watching that poor performance on a 10 year old screen that was equally as poor.

A temporary screen - a few more kitchens open - that would have been worth £15.00

Stevie P: Fantastic turn out at the Beam Back. Food, drink and staff were ordered 4 days ago when we were expecting 700 but hoping for 1000. Can't believe that so many turned up.

ANDYEAGLE: The turnout was as expected. You were the one underestimating.

Stevie P: No it wasn't.

We did actually try very hard to cater for the expected turnout. 202 people saying they'd come on this thread and there were 10 times that many. Despite offering a £5 discount for advance booking 1000 people appear to have decided to pay on the day.

So lets get this straight. The volume of catering they supplied at the beamback was largely based on the figure of 202 people replying on a poll on the BBS, saying that they'd be attending. :lolol:

Christ up a stick. Clowns. Absolute clowns.

Maybe they were just expecting the usual 8 to turn up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And on that point, there was something of an EPIC FAIL on dear old Steve's part if this is anything to go by

Beam back of Brighton v Palace 17/03/13 - ** Definitely going ahead ** - Page 18 - CPFC BBS

dgt_69:told to wait for 15 minutes for a hot dog, only to be told there were'nt any in the first place, then the "customer server" lots his rag. Very poor. This is the second time in as many weeks that I have failed to get a hot dog, is there a national shortage? I think however, the worst thing was watching that poor performance on a 10 year old screen that was equally as poor.

A temporary screen - a few more kitchens open - that would have been worth £15.00

Stevie P: Fantastic turn out at the Beam Back. Food, drink and staff were ordered 4 days ago when we were expecting 700 but hoping for 1000. Can't believe that so many turned up.

ANDYEAGLE: The turnout was as expected. You were the one underestimating.

Stevie P: No it wasn't.

We did actually try very hard to cater for the expected turnout. 202 people saying they'd come on this thread and there were 10 times that many. Despite offering a £5 discount for advance booking 1000 people appear to have decided to pay on the day.

So lets get this straight. The volume of catering they supplied at the beamback was largely based on the figure of 202 people replying on a poll on the BBS, saying that they'd be attending. :lolol:

Christ up a stick. Clowns. Absolute clowns.

Maybe they were just expecting the usual 8 to turn up.

Why didn't they send somebody round to Sainsburys to buy a few tins of hot dogs when they ran out ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
t.b.f. I would have thought the best thing about Sunday for them was the hot dogs, AND THEY BLOODY RAN OUT. Could the day get any worse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports