Meltdown at the Palace

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Yes. Yes..a problem with women. Clearly.

Our Palace friend felt that it was noteworthy that an African gave him too much change. If someone at Smellhurst undercharged me I wouldn't feel the urge to mention the till jockeys Ethnicity...what relevance is there in doing so?

I'm not one of these liberal groovers who see racism where it isn't...we all KNOW he was having a sly dig with his post.

The club now have been done in the tribunal court. They have just lost 4-0

CPFC2010 lose TUPE case
Palace have recently lost an unfair dismissal/TUPE claim brought by a group of 4 former employees made redundant by Brendan Guilfoyle during administration. The Claimants included David Moss (former Academy Director) and Kevin Watts (former Head of HR).

It was quite a complicated case, based on a recent change in the law, which went to the Employment Appeal Tribunal. It struck me that BG could have handled the dismissals better (had he presented the reason for dismissal differently then the claims probably would have failed - but then he was probably more concerned with saving money immediately than subsequent Tribunal claims) and regrettably CPFC2010 has been left with the liability for the unfair dismissal. I dont know how much compensation was awarded, but it could be around £70k per employee and then there will be fairly considerable legal fees on top.

A copy of the judgment is here: http://www.employmentcasesupdate.co....aspx?i=ed15952

There are some interesting details, such as the fact Parish was in confidential negotiations with BG from mid Feb (remember we went into admin in mid January) and CPFC2010 agreed to buy Palace in May conditional upon buying the ground. There seems to have been a hell of a lot of brinkmanship on all sides, so credit to Parish and co for seeing the deal through.

Kavanagh & Ors v Crystal Palace FC (2000) Ltd & Ors UKEAT/0354/12/SM

This money won't be paid at a penny in the pound.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports